Mavericky Puig

serghei

Anyway, the bottom line is Koeman and Puig don't get along, and it's not strictly related to on the field performances. If Betis makes an offer, Puig needs to take it. And if Setien comes back, he'll be well set to develop nicely.

JamDav1982

Anyway, the bottom line is Koeman and Puig don't get along, and it's not strictly related to on the field performances. If Betis makes an offer, Puig needs to take it. And if Setien comes back, he'll be well set to develop nicely.

Bottom line is Koeman sees him every day and there is something he does not like to play him more. It is a huge grey area that none of us see to make judgements on.

Nothing to do with just not liking him for some unknown reason and putting that ahead of what he wants from him to play more.

Will see how he does with new coach and if hits level a lot seem to think will.

serghei

Well that proved to be completely incorrect...

Atletico is a more difficult game than Napoli anyway so that argument doesnt stand up.

Napoli was the more important one.

Bottom line is Koeman sees him every day and there is something he does not like to play him more. It is a huge grey area that none of us see to make judgements on.

Nothing to do with just not liking him for some unknown reason and putting that ahead of what he wants from him to play more.

Will see how he does with new coach and if hits level a lot seem to think will.

Same can be said of your stance. You don't know any of it. Bad blood on a personal level between players and managers is common in football. If anything, Puig playing very well from the bench vs Juve, and playing 0 minutes after that (IIRC) is more in favor of my position.

JamDav1982

Which is irrelevant. He didn't play Fati eiter. Cowardly coach is cowardly. No parallels and no relevance with Komean/Puig situation.

It is relevant if looking at how much Setien played him and rated him.

The one coach that gave him minutes could be the most out of depth ever seen at Barca is not a great starting point.

George_Costanza

I will answer when you produce a quote of Xavi directly saying Puig should be a starter... as he has done 'many times'.

What subject is being changed?

LMAO I know you are very stubborn and will change the subject from you answering why do you think Puig is bad to "give me a direct quote". Listen bro, a quote is words from a text or speech written or spoken by person and was told by someone (Media, newspaper, a reliable person). Trust me on this since I did thesis for master degree.

When it comes to players, most of the times you are/were wrong. Puig in few years not only will be a stater but a WC player. And I will remind you Again how wrong you were like I did with Coutinho.

serghei

So the argument is Setien played him v Atletico as not most important game but by time important games came round did not trust him enough.

That is worse than what I am claiming but can stick to that if want.

OK. But I've started the discussion saying I don't want Puig playing every game, or even the most important ones, so I don't know exactly why you are insisting on this part. Fine, leave him on the bench in the key games, as long as you give him minutes when you can, vs easier teams, or when the matches are nearly done before half time.

And the bottom line is Koeman is not doing this either. He froze him out.

JamDav1982

LMAO I know you are very stubborn and will change the subject from you answering why do you think Puig is bad to "give me a direct quote". Listen bro, a quote is words from a text or speech written or spoken by person and was told by someone (Media, newspaper, a reliable person). Trust me on this since I did thesis for master degree.

When it comes to players, most of the times you are/were wrong. Puig in few years not only will be a stater but a WC player. And I will remind you Again how wrong you were like I did with Coutinho.

No subject change.

If make shit up and then cant back it up dont cry about 'subject change' when called on it.

Xavi said something 'many times' that cant find one direct quote on. LMAO.

JamDav1982

OK. But I've started the discussion saying I don't want Puig playing every game, or even the most important ones, so I don't know exactly why you are insisting on this part. Fine, leave him on the bench in the key games, as long as you give him minutes when you can, vs easier teams, or when the matches are nearly done before half time.

And the bottom line is Koeman is not doing this either. He froze him out.

I never claimed you want Puig to start every game.

Would rather see Puig get some more minutes as well but I dont agree Koeman is freezing him out as just doesnt like him regardless of how he trains or performs.

serghei

I never claimed you want Puig to start every game.

Would rather see Puig get some more minutes as well but I dont agree Koeman is freezing him out as just doesnt like him regardless of how he trains or performs.

I'd think the same if he didn't do well when played. Normally, if he gets in vs Juve and plays very badly, yes, I'd agree with this. I've yet to see Puig coming in and half-assing it, or not running, or not pressing, or not trying to make a difference.

Gnidrologist

It is relevant if looking at how much Setien played him and rated him.

The one coach that gave him minutes could be the most out of depth ever seen at Barca is not a great starting point.
You're a master of goal post shifting. Whenever bullshit that you threw first didn''t stick (Cowman chooes best players to win), you just semnalessly transition to another pile of crap. Setien and minutes he gave is irrelevant. He gave minutes to Fati too. What is relevant is the quality of performance.

JamDav1982

You're a master of goal post shifting. Whenever bullshit that you threw first didn''t stick (Cowman chooes best players to win), you just semnalessly transition to another pile of crap. Setien and minutes he gave is irrelevant. He gave minutes to Fati too. What is relevant is the quality of performance.

You are not even making sense.

I said he will chose the players he believes best placed to win... not that it means every game will be won.

Setien and minutes he gave Puig is relevant to judge how much he rated him. Which was the discussion.

Do keep up min.

Gnidrologist

You mentined Setiens given minutes as a "bad starting point" to judge Puig. Maybe you should start judging Fati from Setiens givenminutes to him too?
Cowman chooses players, who perform bad and he looses, while he freezes player, who plays good. Assuming Cowman is making decision on sporting logic here is pushing round peg into square hole.

JamDav1982

You mentioned Setioens given minutes as a "bad starting point" to judge Puig. Maybe you should tart judging Fati from Setiens givenminutes to him too.
Cowman chooses players, who perform bad and he looses, while he freezes player, who plays good. Assuming Cowman is making decision on sporting logic here is pushing round peg into square hole.

I said that in relation to you stating how bad a coach is and if he is only one starting him then surely not a good starting point.

Again you are lost... where am I judging Puig on the minutes Setien gave him? Why would I use that to judge Fati who has excelled under EV, Koeman and for Spain? Top logic.

Home of Barca Fans