Mavericky Puig

Bobo32

#20 is a nice number. Bobo32 (undersigned) used it himself for a while, obviously as an hommage to Deco. Deco is the midfielder I think Puig is most alike, it would suit him with #20.

Iniesta Ultra: I cannot think Xavi is like that. I actually considered that Koeman was like that, as it so clearly looked like it, but I have blue eyes and I don't want to even think things like that about other people as I think it darkens my own heart! And especially not about Xavi.

JamDav1982

His contract is up in 2023 and wont be renewed.

He is a shite back up and a waste of a squad space when could be used for player coach actually trusts and/or another youngster.

Roberto is far better player than Puig ever will be.

gregorrin10

#20 is a nice number. Bobo32 (undersigned) used it himself for a while, obviously as an hommage to Deco. Deco is the midfielder I think Puig is most alike, it would suit him with #20.

Plus it would take some pressure off the kid. A loan to a mid-table La Liga side might do him good for next season, if he'll agree to it. Honestly Betis might be perfect for him for a year. Then come back in 2023 with the #20. But just do a simple loan with no obligation or even option to buy. If Roberto was allowed to clown in and around the starting lineup for years, then we can keep Puig, who can actually contribute, if used properly, as back up for a few more years too, especially since he won't be commanding a big wage. Decent squad player to have. Those who want him our at all cost, are just haters. They do understand we'd have to replace him with someone else, who wouldn't be as content with playing every 5th game and would only stir up trouble for it.

Iniesta Ultra

Iniesta Ultra: I cannot think Xavi is like that. I actually considered that Koeman was like that, as it so clearly looked like it, but I have blue eyes and I don't want to even think things like that about other people as I think it darkens my own heart! And especially not about Xavi.

Deco was before my time. My earliest experience was going to a Zaragoza match in 1999 when I lived there but knew nothing about football and just wanted to experience the atmosphere.

I understand how dark my analysis is, but we can see how dark, overtly rather than covertly, many of the Barca fans here are regarding their denigration of Puig. Of course we'd want much higher expectation from Xavi but he's human too.

JohnN

The minutes he got showcased the difference between him, Gavi and Pedri.
He displayed Inconsistent controls, inaccurate and dangerous passing, erratic on the ball. 2 months without game time do have an impact ofcourse, but he is way behind or other mids at the moment.
Pedri plays like a veteran with a young man's feet while Puig plays like a youngster.

Bobo32

The minutes he got showcased the difference between him, Gavi and Pedri.
He displayed Inconsistent controls, inaccurate and dangerous passing, erratic on the ball. 2 months without game time do have an impact ofcourse, but he is way behind or other mids at the moment.
Pedri plays like a veteran with a young man's feet while Puig plays like a youngster.

Yet Pedri lost the ball more and had a lower pass percentage yesterday. He was also a lot less involved per minute than Puig (ever?) was.
But in some minds, Nico losing the ball in the area for Napoli to score was mainly the fault of Puig having been introduced.

Yes he is obviously way behind the other midfielders in the pecking order, but once again he impressed me very much by playing well after a long hiatus. Two mistakes, one from a heavy touch and the other a headless pass, but other than that he was far from inaccurate or erratic. It was almost all the more impressive that he could continue to play calmly and accurately after these two early blunders. The cross for de Jong was good, it was only a last half second movement that had him offside.

Iniesta Ultra

But in some minds, Nico losing the ball in the area for Napoli to score was mainly the fault of Puig having been introduced.

Yes he is obviously way behind the other midfielders in the pecking order, but once again he impressed me very much by playing well after a long hiatus. Two mistakes, one from a heavy touch and the other a headless pass, but other than that he was far from inaccurate or erratic. It was almost all the more impressive that he could continue to play calmly and accurately after these two early blunders. The cross for de Jong was good, it was only a last half second movement that had him offside.

I rewatched last ten minutes of the match last night for Puig. He would never make Nico's unacceptable own goal assist in his own box like that. I'm pretty confident Gavi and Pedri wouldn't have attempted his excellent cross to Luuk as the margin for error was very high.

Home of Barca Fans