Mavericky Puig

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Why are people even talking about him? Hasn't been relevant and won't be relevant...

The guy has reached his ceiling, which wasn't very high to begin with, and at his age there's not really anything he can offer to the team... Cute moves don't mean he's useful, earning chances starts in the training grounds and he hasn't shown anything that makes him warrant minutes, he hasn't even earned garbage minutes, ffs...

He believed his own hype, if 10 minutes against Napoli are not good enough for him, then he can leave! As if a player should be able to decide whether a chance is worthy of his talent, give me a break, a chance is a chance, against Napoli or against Madrid, and this guy has blown them all, he is simply not good enough and hopes for him are a catalan pipe dream fueled my some fantasy DNA bullshit...

JamDav1982

Puig bombs about like a clueless amateur passing to first man he sees open vs likes of Linares while Pedri puts on world class performances of control, decision making and range of passing against Bilbao.

Yet some numpties will claim Puig is the 'risk taker' and Pedri the 'safe choice'.

The level of idiocy has reached a new height.

Andresito

Staff member
Salah scored only 9 goals in 34 appearances when he was Puig's age. Last season he scored 31 goals in 51 appearances. Mind you Salah was playing a lot more minutes than Puig at his age. Point being potential isn't age dependent, look at old Benzema after Ronaldo left.

Puig should be starting right fucking now, and if we sell him will be the worst mistake for Barca's future.

Late bloomers in all its glory, but Salah had played more than triple Riqui's appearances at same age, with many of Riqui's games being cameos in the 2nd half.

A late bloomer emerges by playing in the background consistently until a big team snatches him up. Not by sitting on the bench for 4 years doing fuck all and all of a sudden setting the world on fire. Any examples of players like that?

The fact that so many coaches are ignoring him should be worrying, or what's wrong here?
Valverde, Setien, Koeman, Xavi and de la Fuente. All had the chance to use him, they saw him everyday in training supposedly witnessing the pure tiki-taka player you're claiming he is.

His story at U21 is pretty telling: 90 min, 61 min, 45 min, not in squad, not in squad, 9 min, never seen again.

He can't compete with players younger than him, players his age, or players older than him. He's proven that over the years at both Barca and Spain.

Iniesta Ultra

The fact that so many coaches are ignoring him should be worrying, or what's wrong here?
Valverde, Setien, Koeman, Xavi and de la Fuente. All had the chance to use him, they saw him everyday in training supposedly witnessing the pure tiki-taka player you're claiming he is.

All the coaches you listed except Xavi weren't suited for the job. Valverde benched Iniesta too often when I never noticed any decline in his play level, really sad when a coach handicaps his own team out of fear or lack of faith in a master and legend of the club. I haven't gone back in previous threads but I hope people here recognized what a travesty that was at the time. With Xavi I've already detailed what could easily be deep hierarchical Catholic motivations against Puig.

mc_lovin

All the coaches you listed except Xavi weren't suited for the job. Valverde benched Iniesta too often when I never noticed any decline in his play level, really sad when a coach handicaps his own team out of fear or lack of faith in a master and legend of the club. I haven't gone back in previous threads but I hope people here recognized what a travesty that was at the time. With Xavi I've already detailed what could easily be deep hierarchical Catholic motivations against Puig.

Gotta give you credit there, your Xavi vs Puig argument is absolutely incredible. Well done.

Andresito

Staff member

Iniesta despite being able to provide world class performances during his last season, did it every 8-10 games. Just like Messi now, he lost consistency.

Incredibly weak arguments to be honest. So Riqui's been so unfortunate to have not one, not two but FIVE incompetent coaches? Coaches who for one reason or another seem to have something personal against him. Whole lotta mental gymnastics from your side, while neglecting logic.

And not like he's up against the same old players. He has competed against Iniesta, Rakitic, Vidal, Arthur, Pjanic, Ilaix who are now all gone. Now he's up against teenagers likes of Pedri, Nico and Gavi. Looong list of players he couldn't get past.
Not like he was competing with Xavi's and Iniesta's at U21 either. Most of those who stole his spot play for mid table sides. Most probably where Riqui's level lies as well. La Masian Roque Mesa.

Iniesta Ultra

Iniesta despite being able to provide world class performances during his last season, did it every 8-10 games. Just like Messi now, he lost consistency.

I can't take you seriously if you think that about Iniesta's last season. Messi just has PSG blues but still doing great.

Home of Barca Fans