Mavericky Puig

KingLeo10

Incredible performance. I like that he doesn't just restrict himself to the Barcelona players but expands his passing options to all 21 players on the pitch.

Riqui Woke.

20. He's careful not to pass it to the opposition GK.

That's Mavericky for you, folks.

raedkuwait

Am sorry but this is bull shit, u play a guy 10 min after having him set out for 20 games or so and u expect him to play good!?

Kul_z

Am sorry but this is bull shit, u play a guy 10 min after having him set out for 20 games or so and u expect him to play good!?

Im not, but fucking hell passing the ball directly to opponent from 3-5m radius is something that cant be acceptable. A total joke

vegitot

Both Xavi and Oscar Hernerdez (Xavi's asssistant) are angry because of this bum low iq. I think Xavi hates this garbage more than i and Jamdav combine.

The end of Mavericky.

Bobo32

Bobo, what are your thoughts on tonights performance?

I was impressed once again. This time he had sat for 2 months since his last minute. He had only played 18+9 minutes since the 5th of January.
He got played on the right side, don't know if he prefers that or not but we are more used to see him on the left side.

He arrived and immediately linked nicely, we could see the angles and connections that are otherwise so rarely seen in Barcelona nowadays.

He missed 3 passes. One was a lofted attempt for the winger that he under hit, one was an attempted nutmeg close to the box, and one was a hard to explain pass straight to a Betis player (maybe he already signed for them and got confused for a moment?). This brought him at 83,3% pass success, a better number than de Jong who played the entire game for example.
He was also dispossessed once, but got the ball back immediately afterwards himself.

This is a compilation of his game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJfW0dA9GI
0:40 an example of the simplicity and elegance with which he links with players like Alves and Busquets to progress in the center of the pitch.
0:55 good technique and awareness
0:59 a very nice moment, one of few times in that game that a player did something that almost stopped time

Co0ter

Like I've mentioned in the past, I dont think Riqui is anything special but some of you shitting on him is hilarious. I hate to agree with Bobo, but he does offer himself in much better positions than our other midfielders- meaning he creates triangles for passing lanes like the Barca of old. This is something that Gavi and De Jong (despite him having to babysit Busquets all game) are terrible at. Busquets just wanders around all game, gets out of off position then they counter us. Nothing new related to him.

De Jong passed the ball into Betis players several times. Gavi for all the hustle he showed did absolutely nothing all game. I would critique them both way harsher than Riqui. He also has basically not played at all since the New Year.

He really wasnt that bad and for some reason is still the only midfielder on our team other than Pedri who knows how to triangularly pass and move.

Last edited:

Porque

He is still the best option we have when we want to increase the tempo and overloads in the final third. But has been criminally underused for lack (or perceived lack) of his overall game.

But those moments when you go to a back three, you can bring on Puig in a midfield 4 as the floater to create openings for the front 3. It's a nice luxury to have.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

So happy to see him play. He drew the foul off Carvahlo that led to Alba's wonder goal. He roamed a lot on the left near the opponent's box and combined with Fati really well on a couple occasions.

Gives the most buildup threat of any of our mids and just a joy to watch.

Home of Barca Fans