Mehdi Benatia

Hamzah

High Definition Member
why is benatia being treated like he will instantly make us champions league winners? if you know football you know our problem defensively was positioning and pressing, and the fact we needed a guy who is better in the air. we went ahead and bought two centre backs that are barca profile, quick and good in the air. its down to lucho to take care of everything else.

our other problem was buses which should be solved with rakitic and suarez. so there you go.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I read he cost more if you include whan City paid to all parties. He was not owned only by Porto. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I only followed it on french news, but here, it was posted that his transfer fee is above the one of DL, making him the highest fee for a CB.

Blame french medias if it's wrong. yet usually they know what they are talking about when it's about french players.

Alright. Just looked it up on transfermarkt.de. Didn't follow the whole news saga ;)

Cule4life

The Culest
Laporta had a lot of shady dealing going on and our financial situation was so dire as we had a debt of 500 -600 million euros during all those years of few wrong doings, that would have dissolved Barca as an entity which would have led to some random oil sheikh to buy the shares and take over the club from the socios(worst case scenario). So please don't talk about trophies considering the sh*t that Laporta put us through due to "few wrongdoings".

I would prefer a sheikh over this board. Laporta isnt a flawless God but atleast he cared about Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard

Dont agree with this at all.

Bayern this late in the summer are in a position to drive a hard bargain with Roma, Barcelona wanted their business done before the season started.

Barcelona drive a hard bargain all the time and the majority of players come to Barca for cheaper than could go to other clubs.

I meant they seized upon this opportunity like no one else did and finalized the deal in such a short period of time, with this kind of low fee.

If we sign manage to sign Reus or Cuadrado this week, I will be very happy to eat my own words.

Bottom line, cheer up Cules!!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I meant they seized upon this opportunity like no one else did and finalized the deal in such a short period of time, with this kind of low fee.

If we sign manage to sign Reus or Cuadrado this week, I will be very happy to eat my own words.

come on dude, reus? literally the last player we need.

SeloBarca

Halliovic, Ter Stegen, Suarez, Vermaelen this summer all came to Barca cheaper than could have gone elsewhere.

Others like Cesc, Neymar, Sanchez all upset their clubs when lefty as could have got more from other teams.

Thats what world Barca drive a hard bargain in.

Suarez coulda gone cheaper after his biting incident.
Vermaelen overpaid for
Ter Stegen pretty much all clubs could pay same amount for
Halilovic? hes not even in first team.
Neymar cheap? yea..
Cesc was not the best made transfer.

why is benatia being treated like he will instantly make us champions league winners? if you know football you know our problem defensively was positioning and pressing, and the fact we needed a guy who is better in the air. we went ahead and bought two centre backs that are barca profile, quick and good in the air. its down to lucho to take care of everything else.

our other problem was buses which should be solved with rakitic and suarez. so there you go.

Only that Benatia is better in both those regards + other qualities that neither Mathieu or Vermaelen posses, and hes younger

Last edited:

JamDav1982

None of the other top clubs were still in the market for a CB though.

If they all had been and it got this late in the summer I am sure there would have been the bidding war Roma wanted and he would have gone for a much higher price.

Roma are the ones who fucked this up. Barcelona couldnt afford to wait till end of summer in hope they go him even if wanted him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Buy him and loan him back to Dortmund. This way Barca has him next year depsite the transfer ban ;)

I don't think it will happen tho.

we don't need him. our front three is literally perfect in terms of quality, variety and depth.

JamDav1982

Vermaelen overpaid for
Neymar cheap? yea..

Totally missed the point or changed the argument.

All those players named could have gone to other clubs for more money.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Vermaelen overpaid for
Neymar cheap? yea..
TV cost 10m you can't get scrubs for less than 5m in the market these day so stop your BS and admit the board did some good for a change

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Vermaelen overpaid for
Neymar cheap? yea..

Suarez was bought for 15-20M less than his buyout.
Vermaelen was bought for 10M.
Halilovic was chased by a multitude of clubs.
RM would have paid more for Neymar.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Buy him and loan him back to Dortmund. This way Barca has him next year depsite the transfer ban ;)

I don't think it will happen tho.

And where should he play in the team next year? Reus coming means one of Messi and Neymar is gone, and that is hard to imagine.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Why was Benatia no on the 'short list' of PSG, Man City, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd? Even Bayern earlier in the summer?

Either those teams did not rate him earlier in the summer or thought he was too expensive at the time.

??
Every single team you just mentioned was linked to Benatia at some point during pre-season, even Bayern.

edit: Oh, wait. PSG weren't.

Home of Barca Fans