Mehdi Benatia

Gaudi

Yeah, Barca could have totally gotten him for even less than what Bayern paid Roma, especially since Bayern would have been in the market as well.
Makes TOTAL FUCKING SENSE.

The point of my post was not to speculate on biding war between Bayern and Barca but to explain why his price went down so much.

Gaudi

My guess is that Benatia was never a priority for us, like Marquinhos or Thiago Silva were.

Could be, and since he is gone to Bayern and I don't like Bayern I will now offically say he is a bad defender and he will be a flop:beer2:

Androutsos

I think it is because as good as he is, he too often just boots the ball away and we all know that the Barca crowd wouldn't be too fond of that shit.

If you have to ask such a question, you may ask yourself, if you truly understand Barca's way of playing football.
Passing abilities are very important to a player who's playing in a Pep induced system and tactics.
Look up Boateng, Dante and Badstuber. You will see an enormous difference to your Batra and also Benatia.

And obviously more goals are better than less goals. Should be a no-brainer. A CB either has that additional thread potential, or he doesn't.
Right, because Barca's way of playing is heavily dependent on scoring from set pieces and since when did the "average pass length" correlate with good passing ability?

I'm not attacking Benatia btw, my point was about how statistics can't tell you the whole picture; otherwise Bartra is as good as Benatia – which is what the stats are saying, but which is obviously ridiculous.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm not attacking Benatia btw, my point was about how statistics can't tell you the whole picture; otherwise Bartra is as good as Benatia – which is what the stats are saying, but which is obviously ridiculous.

Bartra will be as good as Benatia when he's 27.- :zubi:

In all seriousness, Bartra is probably better than Benatia was at 23.

Kohe321

Bartra will be as good as Benatia when he's 27.- :zubi:

In all seriousness, Bartra is probably better than Benatia was at 23.

Consider how much Bartra grew in just one season with a medium amount of playingtime... He has immense talent. Give him a few more with at least as much (preferably more), and he will be incredible at age 27.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

He's as good as Benatia according to the stats YOU selected.

Home of Barca Fans