Mehdi Benatia

XaviMessiGirl

i mean you could argue it levels the playing field and everyone doesn't just head for madrid/barca/bayern/juve because of reputation but i'd rather have a monopoly of historic clubs than highest bidder wins.

Yeah, clubs that can spend due to earning it through history and reputation are not half as bad as nothing clubs that are only relevant because of their sugar daddy owners. I'm not even being arrogant here, it's the truth.

zanela

Yeah, looks like we're losing out again. Benatia will most probably leave for Man City and reunite with his old Marseille academy roommate Nasri :( .

f438e888f7353f6835fad39f13de1a28.png

Like reuniting with his former roommate is some sort of incentive to joining City.:lol: Benatia is a family man now, who 'll base his decision, both professional and family terms. Even Nasri's gf doesn't stay in rainy Manchester. If there is a serious interest from us, I'm confident he'll be ours. Manchester is not Paris.

L

linetty

Yeah, looks like we're losing out again. Benatia will most probably leave for Man City and reunite with his old Marseille academy roommate Nasri :( .

f438e888f7353f6835fad39f13de1a28.png
More like he'll come here with his BFF Pjanic because he will tell him some badass stories about Lucho.

Der Kaiser

Like reuniting with his former roommate is some sort of incentive to joining City.:lol: Benatia is a family man now, who 'll base his decision, both professional and family terms. Even Nasri's gf doesn't stay in rainy Manchester. If there is a serious interest from us, I'm confident he'll be ours. Manchester is not Paris.

Choosing 120k a week over 40k a week is a family-man-like decision. And it´s not like he´d have to live in Manchester forever. Move there for 5 years, get rich, come back.

Ursegor

World Champion
When he has the choice between City or Barca it's not as if he would earn € 40k at Barca. € 120k is about average wages for Barca, he'd earn about as much at Barca as well.

sport-wages.jpg

L

Learo

Yeah, clubs that can spend due to earning it through history and reputation are not half as bad as nothing clubs that are only relevant because of their sugar daddy owners. I'm not even being arrogant here, it's the truth.

Especially when all that money of those sugar daddys is stolen from the people of their home country. It belongs to the people of Russia and the Gulf states.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
When he has the choice between City or Barca it's not as if he would earn € 40k at Barca. € 120k is about average wages for Barca, he'd earn about as much at Barca as well.

Well I'd assume that's obvious :pep:

I hope he really does fully consider Barca. It's not every day that you get to be an insanely key transfer for a very successful club that's going on the rebuild. At City he wouldn't gain a unique experience as a player, just being a high-profiled big name for the Sheikh's toy collection.

Cule4life

The Culest
Well I'd assume that's obvious :pep:

I hope he really does fully consider Barca. It's not every day that you get to be an insanely key transfer for a very successful club that's going on the rebuild. At City he wouldn't gain a unique experience as a player, just being a high-profiled big name for the Sheikh's toy collection.

Hope Benatia is the exception. Look at Falcao-goes to a shit league and Atletico win the title

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
How often do you hear of a team taking the second best transfer fee or a player accepting the second best salary?

David Villa to Atletico? :zubi:

JK, it doesn't happen often, unless there are special circumstances (i.e. Cesc only wants Barca, Villa wants to stay in Spain, etc.)

Home of Barca Fans