Mehdi Benatia

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Like reuniting with his former roommate is some sort of incentive to joining City.:lol: Benatia is a family man now, who 'll base his decision, both professional and family terms. Even Nasri's gf doesn't stay in rainy Manchester. If there is a serious interest from us, I'm confident he'll be ours. Manchester is not Paris.

rainy manchester :lol:

He's a grown up man, money talks above everything else, he'd definitely choose city over us if they were to offer a better salary unless he's one of those "I dream of playing for Barcelona" kinda players.

I would love to see how football works if it were a woman's game, the best clubs in the world would be in the most attractive cities and close to the best shopping malls in the world.

Chainsaw

Killahead
My 6th sense is saying that we wont get Benatia

Same here.

And all in all I feel Benatia, even if he arrives, will not reach the expectations the people have for him. Kinda like another Alexis Sanchez sort of deal. Paying a lot of money for him, many fab over him coming here and yet never reach the level people expect of a Barca player.

Cule4life

The Culest
Same here.

And all in all I feel Benatia, even if he arrives, will not reach the expectations the people have for him. Kinda like another Alexis Sanchez sort of deal. Paying a lot of money for him, many fab over him coming here and yet never reach the level people expect of a Barca player.

And who will fulfill the expectations? Sideshow? Yeah no player is a sure shot to be a success but Benatia is the most suitable and likely candidate to succeed. People shouldn't have unrealistic expectations. Give the player time to settle and don't expect every defender to be the second coming of Puyol

Well I'd assume that's obvious :pep:

I hope he really does fully consider Barca. It's not every day that you get to be an insanely key transfer for a very successful club that's going on the rebuild. At City he wouldn't gain a unique experience as a player, just being a high-profiled big name for the Sheikh's toy collection.

Plus, as Ursegor said, we can rival or match the wages City are supposedly offering him.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Same here.

That can happen with almost any player who comes in from "outside". Everyone is a gamble to some extent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hummels is not a gamble.

But Hummels has made it clear that he won't leave and BvB won't sell so going after him in a Thiago Silva-esque way this summe which our board usually do is not a very wise option.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Cesc was also not a gamble as he had "barca dna"

Nah, many people including me was against signing Cesc for various reasons. Not only he was a gamble, he was just an unnecessary signing. Only his "barca dna" was the reason behind signing him back.

Cule4life

The Culest
Nah, many people including me was against signing Cesc for various reasons. Not only he was a gamble, he was just an unnecessary signing. Only his "barca dna" was the reason behind signing him back.

You missed my sarcasm mate. Every player is a gamble mate even hummels with his slow pace and not being used to the insane high line of barca.

Benatia is the best feasible prospect and he will lead us to glory......

Chainsaw

Killahead
You missed my sarcasm mate. Every player is a gamble mate even hummels with his slow pace and not being used to the insane high line of barca.

Benatia is the best feasible prospect and he will lead us to glory......

This Hummels is slow again! Benatia is no Speedy Gonzales mate. But whatever flows your boat.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
rainy manchester :lol:

He's a grown up man, money talks above everything else, he'd definitely choose city over us if they were to offer a better salary unless he's one of those "I dream of playing for Barcelona" kinda players.

I would love to see how football works if it were a woman's game, the best clubs in the world would be in the most attractive cities and close to the best shopping malls in the world.

>uwotm9

We are not talking about Old Trafford.

zanela

You know what worries me? LVG moving for Hummels next summer after he's led ManU to a CL spot. And we are left looking helpless whilst serving the transfer ban.

ebc_99

Nobody would choose City over Barca, no matter how much money they are being offered. If we want him and offer an appropriate fee then we will get him.

Home of Barca Fans