Mehdi Benatia

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Well, he is definitely going to leave. I will be so fucking pissed if he leaves for Man City.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
i'd love it if we pull this off, but by saturday? no way.

Would not be in keeping with how Zubi has historically closed transfers but considering we're up against the clock, I wonder if due diligence has not already been carried out

L

linetty

One decent season and he off to Barca? Lost all respect
Players have ambitions, you know? He is not a youngster and I'm sure he would love to win some trophies and Roma may not ensure him to do that.

And not just one decent season... 1 decent season at Udinese and this season he has been arguably the best defender in the world.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
i haven't watched the vid of benatia's interview but people on bayern's forum are saying it's a good sign that he mentioned bayern first :pep:

I saw it, he spoke in French actually...And he mentioned Barcelona first, then Bayern & City last (Almost an afterthought, incidentally :p)...Definitely didn't sound like he was angling for a Roma pay raise but legitimately looking to leave and the inference was that there would be news soon (with a smirk)

Galning

Judging from that video I think it's between Barça & Bayern. As you said it seemed like he mentioned City "just because".

Tomchin

But what about the rumours about us linking to Marquinhos? Could we buy Marquinhos and Benatia? That seems to be too good to be true. Are Bayern still interested in Laporte btw?

Home of Barca Fans