Mehdi Benatia

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Lil Marcos is quite overpriced as well. Alves + 20m lel........... 35m if you count Alves' market value at 15m while Mehdi THE BEAST Benatia will come at 5m more.

But heyyyyy... Lil Marcos is better at passing, aint that right? That seals it.

only drug addicts and his children think 31 year old Alves with one year left on his deal is worth 15m. he's worth more like 8m, if that.

The Mehdi (seriously that nickname writes itself how did you come up with THE BEAST?) is 27 years old and at a club that has ZERO need or incentive to sell. 40m is a minimum amount, jack. Marcos is 20 years old (injuries permitting he'll give Barça at least a decade of service) and at a club that need to sell if they want to keep spending this summer. also he can play two positions, which The Mehdi can't.

sit down.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
only drug addicts and his children think 31 year old Alves with one year left on his deal is worth 15m. he's worth more like 8m, if that.

The Mehdi (seriously that nickname writes itself how did you come up with THE BEAST?) is 27 years old and at a club that has ZERO need or incentive to sell. 40m is a minimum amount, jack. Marcos is 20 years old (injuries permitting he'll give Barça at least a decade of service) and at a club that need to sell if they want to keep spending this summer. also he can play two positions, which The Mehdi can't.

sit down.

Marcos got nothing on the Mehdi. Nothing. We need a leader, Marcos is still a kid who'll need years.

Alves with one year left + PSGs love for brazilian defenders makes a great combo which throws out the $$$

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
For the last time, the last thing we need in defense is kids. We have kids in La Masia!!! Edgar Ie, Franck Bagnack, Rodrigo Tarin, Xavi Quintilla, Pelayo Suarez, Carlos Blanco, etc., etc. What we need now, more than ever, is a world class centerback who can come in and make that defense his own. And only one man on the transfer market can do that, Mehdi Benatia. All hail.

Not to mention that we have Bartra to be the young blood in the defense. So can we just get over this Brazilian/PSG player fetish and buy the Moroccan?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Alves' wages are something like €7m p/a. so objectively he's worth that amount. if PSG wanna value him more, then fine, but he's not worth more. god this is Eto'o all over again isn't it? you people.

The Mehdi is great but we have no idea how adaptable he is. at all. Marcos already speakin' French after a year. also, he's 20! a decade of service will offset pretty much ANY fee also if you watch him play and don't think of Puyol you need your eyes checked. kid is ideal to go next to Piqué.

and Benatia doesn't speak Spanish and has never played in the Champions League, what experience is he gonna impart exactly? how to finish upper-mid-table in the worst Serie A in 30 years? look I love the dude, and I want more Muslims at Barça too, but let's please not turn this guy into 2010 Puyol.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You know what, half of me is hoping that Sheikh Al Thani tells us to gtfo with our Marquinhos bids. That way we can get back to other players, rather than wasting the summer away.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope we actually get Marquinhos since Benatia seem to be out of the window, but again.... Nasser and PSG.... Don't know. We might have to look elsewhere anyway.

tikitaka

French is probably more similar to Catalan than Spanish and he is a leader in the pitch. Only one season in Rome and already is a Puyol in the pitch. he is a great defender and exactly what we need at this moment. speaking language is essential but not everything, anyone can learn. its really not a big deal

Tomchin

and Benatia doesn't speak Spanish and has never played in the Champions League, what experience is he gonna impart exactly? how to finish upper-mid-table in the worst Serie A in 30 years? look I love the dude, and I want more Muslims at Barça too, but let's please not turn this guy into 2010 Puyol.
Spanish is so similar to French (his mother-tongue), don't think he would have any troubles with it at all. Abidal also learned it very fast.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
one good season at Roma and homeboy has an army of fanboys. you'd think he was Baresi.

and I like dude, I think he's great, but shit... you people. :lol:

Crixus

He was amazing with Udinese and had a phenomenal season with Roma
10329053_888972317795010_1590140047557349628_n.jpg

Over hyped Benatia > Marcos .

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He was amazing with Udinese and had a phenomenal season with Roma
10329053_888972317795010_1590140047557349628_n.jpg

Over hyped Benatia > Marcos .

so amazing that he went to Roma for 13m.

:lol:

also: this is the worst Serie A for 30 years. so those stats don't impress me too much.

now watching him defend? you see the skills. he's great.

but y'all seriously need to chill. he's not played a minute of champions league football so we have no idea how he handles the highest level.

Crixus

so amazing that he went to Roma for 13m.

:lol:

also: this is the worst Serie A for 30 years. so those stats don't impress me too much.

now watching him defend? you see the skills. he's great.

but y'all seriously need to chill. he's not played a minute of champions league football so we have no idea how he handles the highest level.
Udinese got him as free transfer and sold him for 13 over a year , wasn't that impressive ?
BTW marcos also played in the shitty SA .

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Udinese got him as free transfer and sold him for 13 over a year , wasn't that impressive ?
BTW marcos also played in the shitty SA .

indeed. he also managed to shine as a defender playing in a team managed by Zeman.

if you don't know how impressive that is, then, well, too bad.

he then went to PSG and did something Benatia has yet to do: play in the Champions League! and not just that, but play WELL in the Champions League!

Home of Barca Fans