Mehdi Benatia

serghei

@Neymessi, yea, one of this days Zubinepto will make a press conference and he'll say we secretly signed both Benatia and Marquinhos... And we'll all go :worthy:

Neymessi

The thing is that there is no one desperate for signing a good CB than we do.Manc looks like our only competitor and it has kompany.I have regularly been visiting bluemoon and I don't see too much desperation as comparison to barcaforum to sign a CB.They have a solid defense and wont be spending 40m with the ffp sanctions above their head on defense.We on the other hand are desperate and if our board really has 120m to spend and are not going to get past marquinhos,then I could say with surity that we have the most delusional board in the world to spend money + alves on a 20 yr old for our defensive problems instead of going for benatia.

gatsu

The thing is that there is no one desperate for signing a good CB than we do.Manc looks like our only competitor and it has kompany.I have regularly been visiting bluemoon and I don't see too much desperation as comparison to barcaforum to sign a CB.They have a solid defense and wont be spending 40m with the ffp sanctions above their head on defense.We on the other hand are desperate and if our board really has 120m to spend and are not going to get past marquinhos,then I could say with surity that we have the most delusional board in the world to spend money + alves on a 20 yr old for our defensive problems instead of going for benatia.

Regarding the defensive sector, City are in a more desperate situation than us, they only have Kompany and Nastasic as good DC and they need at least another one top DC.
As for us, it's not a matter of signing the best DCs in the market, but to search for a specific profil, a Barça compatible DC, it's not that simple, not mentioning that we can't spend much money on the defensive compartment, we need to keep big money for our most worrisome sector, the midfield.
Certainly this season proved largely that Barça have serious issues regarding the defensive animation, the primary cause is not the defense itself, but the regression of our midfield and pressing ability.

Missing Benatia is not very problematic, we can easily manage with a pair Marquinhos/Miranda(Mathieu), a young talent and an experienced DC who know well la liga.

Butaan4barca

"Last summer, my agent advised me not to sign for Roma, because their contract offer was low compared to other offers and they didn't play in Europe. I still signed and never had any regrets," Benatia told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Roma had an intriguing project that I liked. The club told me they were happy with me during the season and said we'd meet for contract talks at the end of the season.

"Roma told me I would get a nice contract if we were to qualify for Champions League football. But then they made me an unacceptable offer. I've heard claims that I was asking for €4 million per year, but they didn't even offer €3m.

"I never asked for wages similar to Miralem Pjanic. I asked Roma to fulfil their promise. But the club told me to just accept their offer without even negotiating. I told them I will never sign such a deal. I prefer to stay on my current wages then."

"I never said that I want to leave Roma. I just bought a house here. I like everything at Roma, the city, the fans and I have an amazing coach in Rudi Garcia.

"My mistake is that I have been too correct and too sincere toward the club. My team-mates know everything about my situation.

"All I have said is that clubs such as Real Madrid, Bayern and City can make ach player dream. I have no problem with staying at Roma, though. I could finish my career here. But I'm still disappointed with the club. I deserve more respect."

ebieymjunior

I think Roma should be willing to listen considering 3 thinks:
- Luis Enrique coached Roma
- We sold them Sanabria
- We bought back Bojan for 13M!

Those could be used to negotiate a price at least as low as 30M for Benatia.

I'd much rather spend 50m on him than 30m on Miranda. As I've said a couple of times before, we'll have to overpay anyway, so let's overpay for the best option.

L

Learo

We gave Inter Eto + 50m for them to strengthen their team with Sneijder, Motta, Milito and Lucio as well, so they could win the CL.

Does it mean they will sell us Kovacic though?

Home of Barca Fans