Mehdi Benatia

Tomchin

I asked this question some pages ago, but no answer yet: Does Benatia usually play LCB or RCB for Roma/Udinese?

Djab

I asked this question some pages ago, but no answer yet: Does Benatia usually play LCB or RCB for Roma/Udinese?

RCB or LCB not a big deal. A WC defender should be capable of playing in both positions.

I watched couple of Roma games and he was playing in right.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
RCB or LCB not a big deal. A WC defender should be capable of playing in both positions.

I watched couple of Roma games and he was playing in right.

Exactly. A defender might even end up playing both RCB and LCB in the same game.

Pepe Silvia

Took some time catching up on Benatia film and god damn he is perfect. Big, strong, technical, killer 1-2s, excellent in the air, aggressive, physical. I'd prefer this guy to Marquinhos every day of the week.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Got the impression him & his agent have been backtracking the past couple of days after the interview that stirred things up...Felt like Roma reminded them that they are in no position to force a transfer

Tomchin

Reading some weird new reports right now about Benatia being angry at Roma for making "a ridiculous proposal"

http://www.gazzettagiallorossa.it/2...oma-proposta-ridicola-non-mantieni-la-parola/

From what I understand it's a money issue? I dunno if that means he'll leave or if we'll sign him with City/Chelski whipping out their fat wallets. It's just the newest thing I've seen.
I read he's on a very low salary atm (1,2m), and he wants to double it, to make him on par with the best paid defenders in serie a. Barca won't have any trouble to meet those salary-demands of course, but the question is whether they're willing to pay the transfer-fee.

serghei

I got a feeling the board wants to buy 10 players with 120-150m, when, in fact, they should consider buying just 4 players in the 30-40m range. :banghead:

It's incredible that we have 120m to spend and one position that needs urgent improvement and we are not willing to pay the money. WTF is this?, I'm starting to believe that the transfer budget this summer is a lot lower than 120m.

Mathieu and Miranda, you call those transfers (both 30-31 or almost) building a new team? :lol:

I got a feeling the board wants to buy 10 players with 120-150m, when, in fact, they should consider buying just 4 players in the 30-40m range. :banghead:

It's incredible that we have 120m to spend and one position that needs urgent improvement and we are not willing to pay the money.

This. How the fuck are we not willing to pay the money for Benatia? :facepalm:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Actually, we don't know what Zubi & Co are willing to pay for him. I do think he'll be subject to a bidding war and end up at one of the money clubs, but at this point it's all speculation and MD & Sport bullshitting, we'll have to wait.

Neymessi

This. How the fuck are we not willing to pay the money for Benatia? :facepalm:

There are 2 options

1)Our board is not looking past marquinhos

2)Everything is being handled very well by our board but everything is being tight-lipped.MATS was not announced till very late and perhaps that may be the case here.The deal is perhaps done and we are being kept in the dark.

Either way we will have to wait after the world cup to know the truth.

Last edited:
Actually, we don't know what Zubi & Co are willing to pay for him. I do think he'll be subject to a bidding war and end up at one of the money clubs, but at this point it's all speculation and MD & Sport bullshitting, we'll have to wait.

A bidding war with City shouldn't be a problem because of FFP and our supposed 120m budget. I just hope Chelsea are more interested in Mangala or whoever...

Home of Barca Fans