Mehdi Benatia

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would you guys be concerned knowing that he would have to jet off to the african cup of nations midway through the season?

1 month tourney in January/Feb. Important part of the season coming up then, but we or any club for that matter should be able to cope with it.

BenRobbins

1 month tourney in January/Feb. Important part of the season coming up then, but we or any club for that matter should be able to cope with it.

Yeah i suppose you will have adequate back up, i can just imagine it being frustrating if there was a classico or big game in the cl during that time and it happening every two years.

DonAK

Yeah i suppose you will have adequate back up, i can just imagine it being frustrating if there was a classico or big game in the cl during that time and it happening every two years.
Yes, that's true and especially if there are other injuries, but Pique, Bartra, Benatia, Mathieu + Masch as emergency option should be good enough IMO.

Anyway, he's not coming to Barcelona considering we're not even linked to him. Bayern are apparently pursuing him and he has been linked to Chelsea as well. I read that AS Roma are willing to let him go once they've found a replacement and a team has met their valuation of him, I guess 40-45m euros.

I hope he stays at Roma though. They're building a good team who can go all the way in Serie A and would be interesting to follow in Champions League.

DonAK

Hmmm.... With good scouting,

There is plenty of fishes in the sea.

Well.... Unless Zubi is fishing in the Dead Sea :pep:

Home of Barca Fans