Memphis Depay

The style isn't the problem. It's the quality of managers, tactics, and choosing of rosters that are the headscratchers. Barca has always varied in their plays but the core style still remained. The style isn't the problem. IF anythign it's the adaptation to the modern game.

What core style exactly, to have possession? Every good team does that now and teams have done it in the past. Barca in first pep season and barca in his third season played completely different football. So people think a style Barcelona played for 3 seasons with pep is a "core style". Barcelona in 2006 played nothing like they play now or when pep was here. So what style exactly are we talking about. You can have progressive and dynamic football without having center backs on the halfway line and everybody cluttered up on one side of the pitch. The biggest mistake this club is making is thinking that they have to play the pep way and making terrible signings to try to accommodate that.

Rory

Thank them for what? Signing a good player on a free deal? Some of you here need to realize that we are broke and we can strengthen our squad only by signing players for free. Depay is a quality player we have nothing to lose if we sign him. What is the worst thing that can happen to us? We sell him next summer and earn some money???

If we fail to sign Depay we'll be left with Braithwaite for another season. In addition to that Dembele probably won't renew and who knows what can we expect from Fati. If you don't remember our attack last year was atrocious. We need to strengthen that part of our team and Depay is our only option right now.

Some people live in a dreamland where Haaland is a possibility or Collado is going to suddenly burst through and score 15 goals next year.

Catta

Don't believe that Depay would even consider going to QSG. He won't do that to Lyon, leave them on a free to sign for their domestic rivals, not everyone is an a**hole like Lewandowski.

malvolio

Don't believe that Depay would even consider going to QSG. He won't do that to Lyon, leave them on a free to sign for their domestic rivals, not everyone is an a**hole like Lewandowski.

aside from that, he would know there is no chance to start for them with neymar and mbappe there.

then again, PSG might pay more than us..

Last edited:

Bobo32

Some people live in a dreamland where Haaland is a possibility or Collado is going to suddenly burst through and score 15 goals next year.

If Collado gets to take the penalties and get the playing time that Depay is to get if he comes, I could very well see him scoring 15 next year.

Memphis Depay scored 15 or more non-penalty goals twice so far in his career, once in PSV and once in Lyon.

edit: fixed to more correct

Rory

Depay won't be on penalties duty. The 15 goals was just a random number I made up, not saying Depay regularly scored this amount. He's a much better forward than Collado though that's for sure.

Rory

I don't know why Collado is underestimated by Barca fans.

Reading into what I'm saying too much. Depay is a better footballer than Collado =/= Collado is bad or anything. Of course Depay is better, he's got years of playing under his belt in the ucl/internationals.

Porque

According to Mundo Deportivo (via A Bola), Les Parisiens looks to engage in discussions with Memphis Depay.

tumblr_m6bize2NKz1qjstdno4_250.gif

Bobo32

I much prefer Collado to play

But it would be a bit fun to see Depay arrive just to see if I get proven right or not, seems like I'm strangely almost the only one here who is very negative towards him.

Home of Barca Fans