Mesut Ozil

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
sigh about the 'germans are a counter attacking team' stuff ... but it seems to be everywhere. Maybe our NT should stop getting the lead within the early minutes like they did multiple times in the WC, so that ppl finally notice their true nature - which is indeed possession based football btw ...

Regarding Özil in particular: I always preferred Cesc over him, but thats b/c Cesc has all the skills to be an instant performer in our CM and will also be more than respected from the whole squad. He is the sort of no-brainer addition that actually no other player would be, incl. Özil.

Özil however should still be a more than adequate alternative, not only b/c he is kinda cheap. He has the offensive skills and style to fit into Barcas game and is still young enough to get the other properties. It might take 1/2 to 1 year, but he should finally get there considering his potential, esp. when taught by someone like Pep. And unlike JDS and Thiago he has the experience of two full BL and CL/EL seasons with Bremen (and 2 more seasons with Schalke as a squad player), not to mention that of a full WC. That should positively affect his inconsistency, that could make me a bit worried, aside the fact that he would enter a different cultural environment in catalonia, but he seemingly had no prob to go from Schalke to Bremen at least (might sound hilarious for foreigners, but it is a difference).

Trequartista

The good
Advanced mid fielder like you mean the role Iniesta plays for us and he himself for Werder or the role of false-wing(as you say) like he did for his national team(to support Muller and Klose, strikers playing in wings) and club(before Diego left to Juventus)!?

The only factor playing against him from signing for barca(a minor one at that) is his age(and so the exposure to European level competition) and him being a German(where the counter attacking prevails and we are a team depending totally on a posession based football)
AMF is his position wit the german national team,Germany are not a counter attacking team, but they are argubaly the best team in the world wit their counter attacks,Iniesta plays in a more deeper role because of our 4-3-3 formation that requeires a better passer than Ozil,Iniesta's passing ability is quite underrated,he has a superb passing ability that helps him to play in any formation,If we sign Ozil then that will mean that we will either 1-Play him in a more deeper role if we stick with our formation but this will need time to increase his defensive duties,passing ability and positional awareness or 2-Play him as a false winger which is not needed at all because we have 2 players who can do that role(Messi-Iniesta) or 3-we will stick with 4-2-3-1 formation and that would be the best for him.

sigh about the 'germans are a counter attacking team' stuff ... but it seems to be everywhere. Maybe our NT should stop getting the lead within the early minutes like they did multiple times in the WC, so that ppl finally notice their true nature - which is indeed possession based football btw ...

Regarding Özil in particular: I always preferred Cesc over him, but thats b/c Cesc has all the skills to be an instant performer in our CM and will also be more than respected from the whole squad. He is the sort of no-brainer addition that actually no other player would be, incl. Özil.

Özil however should still be a more than adequate alternative, not only b/c he is kinda cheap. He has the offensive skills and style to fit into Barcas game and is still young enough to get the other properties. It might take 1/2 to 1 year, but he should finally get there considering his potential, esp. when taught by someone like Pep. And unlike JDS and Thiago he has the experience of two full BL and CL/EL seasons with Bremen (and 2 more seasons with Schalke as a squad player), not to mention that of a full WC. That should positively affect his inconsistency, that could make me a bit worried, aside the fact that he would enter a different cultural environment in catalonia, but he seemingly had no prob to go from Schalke to Bremen at least (might sound hilarious for foreigners, but it is a difference).

I dont think that your national team is based on possession at all but its harsh to call Germany as a counter attacking team.

Beast

The Observer
Not with Bremen getting all grandiose feeling and asking for 30 Million :lol: for a player who's contract end next summer..
I'd let him play this year and sign him for free in January so he can join Real next summer and Werder get a big fat cheque of zero

KluivertsBoots

I have no idea where Mourinho plans on using Ozil with VDV, CR7, Canales, Kaka, Di Maria, Pedro Leon, etc on the books. They are all interchangeable, but that seems like overbooking. Mourinho will favor a 4-2-3-1 for sure.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
his father claims a deal has been done with madrid and that his son always wanted to play for Real Madrid

His son has "always wanted to play for" about half of Europe's teams :lol: Anyway, it's a good signing at a good price for Madrid and in truth he's a better fit for their system than he would have been for ours, now it will be interesting to see if he lives up to the world cup hype.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
To be fair though, alot of people will have "always wanted to play for" a combination of teams such as Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United and a couple of others at the top.

Home of Barca Fans