Mesut Ozil

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I have no idea where Mourinho plans on using Ozil with VDV, CR7, Canales, Kaka, Di Maria, Pedro Leon, etc on the books. They are all interchangeable, but that seems like overbooking. Mourinho will favor a 4-2-3-1 for sure.

Well, the positive side is that he'll be able to mix it up, have wide variety of options, generate healthy competition and if injuries come he'll have decent backups, especially playing in three competitions... Curiously, we lack all of those advantages...
The negative, some players might voice discontent, but if they're winning I don't think they will...

nebeer

Love is All
Real signed Ozil :angry: and I'm very mad right now. Zubizaretta said Mascherano is not part of our plans. So I guess Rosell is gonna reinvent himself as a creative midfielder and Zubi is gonna try his luck as a DM....:whatever:

M

magoovienna

I'm Austrian, so I'm watching a lot of Bundesliga. Believe me, that guy Özil plays one good match and sucks the next three ones. He's DEFINITELY NOT that good everybody's thinkin'. It's the same with Khedira...
Both are typical Madrid signings: play three good matches at the WC and they buy you! it's the same all the time! I'm more than glad Barca didn't buy him, because all my friends would have made fun of me for the next four years. (which would've been totally justified!!)

yeswecan

thiago and jonathan are only 2 and 1 years younger than him . they have played in barca style for years while mesut ozil is a good player only in counter attack based teams . he sucked in the match against spain under the pressure by alonso and busquets while they prevented him to create counter attacks

jamrock

then sign would have made to sense for us, why sign a 21 year old midfielder, when we have two 19 year old midfielder, who the club thinks has decent potential. it would have made no sense thats 3 years between them

Makes even less sense for real who just bought a 19 year old that plays in the same position for 10m euros.

then sign would have made to sense for us, why sign a 21 year old midfielder, when we have two 19 year old midfielder, who the club thinks has decent potential. it would have made no sense thats 3 years between them

Makes even less sense for real who just bought a 19 year old that plays in the same position for 10m euros.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I think Ozil is a little overrated but he still is a quality player, very annoyed that this happened.

tonio7

I'm Austrian, so I'm watching a lot of Bundesliga. Believe me, that guy Özil plays one good match and sucks the next three ones. He's DEFINITELY NOT that good everybody's thinkin'. It's the same with Khedira...
Both are typical Madrid signings: play three good matches at the WC and they buy you! it's the same all the time! I'm more than glad Barca didn't buy him, because all my friends would have made fun of me for the next four years. (which would've been totally justified!!)

Amen!
they're hyping him up so much just cause he's gone to Real now...
I agree, watched him a few games as well, doesn't impress me... and frankly I don't see all this extraordinary player. Where was he v Spain in the WC? for example...

I compare his signing to that of Diego's for Juve... alota these Bundesliga players once they're off to other leagues are flops...
even Ballack, who has always been overrated, sucked eggs at Chelsea.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Ballack didn't suck at Chelsea though, he was not as good as he was before but understandably he got older and he was always solid. The hype about Ozil has to do with the fact that he's so young, if he was already at his prime then obviously he'd be nothing special but considering his age he's pretty impressive. I hope he fails though.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Amen!
they're hyping him up so much just cause he's gone to Real now...
I agree, watched him a few games as well, doesn't impress me... and frankly I don't see all this extraordinary player. Where was he v Spain in the WC? for example...

I compare his signing to that of Diego's for Juve... alota these Bundesliga players once they're off to other leagues are flops...
even Ballack, who has always been overrated, sucked eggs at Chelsea.
U mean like Ballack, Matthaus,Schuster,Breitner , Hassler ,Moller,Rumminege , Stelike,Illgner and all those great players who were great with their new clubs ?

please if you don't know the history of the Bundesliga exports don't post nonsense

Home of Barca Fans