Mesut Ozil

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Can I call you a bastard too? The man won us 14 titles in 4 years ffs, have some respect
I had the respect... probably more than anybody too. I had that pic saying "gracias Pep' on my signature ever since he moved on. It was so until he broke his promise to not sign any players from our club. I would still have been okay if he did the ones whom we were looking to sell. But he tapped, behind our backs, the very youngster whom we were moulding to be the successor of the greatest mid fielder in football. And he ended up signing him too!!

He wouldn't sign a player his brother represents when he was with us, but he did it the first chance he got now that he is not here!!

So I don't understand why you are so hurt when I call the spade a spade!!

Faceless

No more faces at night
So he could buy Cesc and take Thiago away from us... the batsard :angry:

Erm if he buys Özil won't Thiago's position back then would be jeopardized? You're angry about Thiago I get it.. But don't spread the hate all over even if it is not relevant. Calm down brah.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Erm if he buys Özil won't Thiago's position back then would be jeopardized? You're angry about Thiago I get it.. But don't spread the hate all over even if it is not relevant. Calm down brah.
No it won't obviously... coz Ozil could play in the wings and in our formation he would have done that exclusively thereby giving confidence to Thiago that there's no competition whatsoever to him in the mid field!!

Just check his thread and you'd find how many of us thought the same during the WC... Ozil would have been a better purchase for us on numerous aspects! Even with the damn prize!!

Faceless

No more faces at night
No it won't obviously... coz Ozil could play in the wings and in our formation he would have done that exclusively thereby giving confidence to Thiago that there's no competition whatsoever to him in the mid field!!

Just check his thread and you'd find how many of us thought the same during the WC... Ozil would have been a better purchase for us on numerous aspects! Even with the damn prize!!

I also wanted him to join. We all were bewildered when he chose Fabregas afterwards. But you know pep makes mistakes too. To justify his actions he may have thought Özil might not fit into Barca; you can't fit a player simply into the team after all.
About Thiago leaving, let's put that behind. Can't change history man.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I also wanted him to join. We all were bewildered when he chose Fabregas afterwards. But you know pep makes mistakes too. To justify his actions he may have thought Özil might not fit into Barca; you can't fit a player simply into the team after all.
About Thiago leaving, let's put that behind. Can't change history man.
I could at least keep on hating Pep for how he fcuked us taking Thiago away from us, considering I gave him due respect for winning us the trophies and stuff :shrug: :p

F

Flavia

It was so until he broke his promise to not sign any players from our club.
Pep never promised that, though. He said he would never try to unsettle a Barça player, but that he would sign one if he was available or wanting to leave. Mazinho today confirmed Thiago was holding talks with man utd, before bayern.
If you want to hate, hate, but find a legitimate reason.

twitterbg

With Isco's signing and Real's new concept of having more Spain players I think there might be a possibility here.

Think of it yourself where would Isco play, right midfielder? Highly unlikely.. He plays LM for Malaga and could be a #10.. Somehow if he gets into the starting eleven. We could strike and sign Ozil!!
Actually Isco can play as a right winger as well as a left winger. And at RM he can't play as a left winger you know why. So the positions he'll get to play are as #10 or right winger. And saying that Oezil plays as the former, and he's a regular starter for them.

But that was off the top of my head. If I continue to think, given the departure of Mourinho and arrival ot Ancelotti, who at PSG used a 442 without wingers, we could be seeing Isco and Oezil both as number 10s (Isco on the left and Oezil on the right) and CR plus player X up front. That's all my suggestions, of course. We'll see what system will Carlo use.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep never promised that, though. He said he would never try to unsettle a Barça player, but that he would sign one if he was available or wanting to leave. Mazinho today confirmed Thiago was holding talks with man utd, before bayern.
If you want to hate, hate, but find a legitimate reason.
Right... Like he would admit in public that Pep had been tapping his son all along, that Pep would allow him to burn his bridges back to Camp Nou!
Okay, you want to believe his statement.. How about Moyes' one where he said they were never in talks with Thiago in the first place!?

If he was really interested in joining Utd and that it was only in the last minute that Pep had changed his decision... His talks with Utd wouldn't have taken so long at all. They have no good mid fielder(except Kagawa of course) and they would have met whatever his demands were!!

It was just a smokescreen so Pep won't be blamed for stealing him away from us... And would be welcomed back in future if need be!!

F

Flavia

Right... Like he would admit in public that Pep had been tapping his son all along, that Pep would allow him to burn his bridges back to Camp Nou!
Okay, you want to believe his statement.. How about Moyes' one where he said they were never in talks with Thiago in the first place!?

If he was really interested in joining Utd and that it was only in the last minute that Pep had changed his decision... His talks with Utd wouldn't have taken so long at all. They have no good mid fielder(except Kagawa of course) and they would have met whatever his demands were!!

It was just a smokescreen so Pep won't be blamed for stealing him away from us... And would be welcomed back in future if need be!!

You seem set in wanting to believe conspiracy theories. Thiago was going to leave, with or without pep, he didn't need tapping up. Moyes probably didn't want to look bad, as utd were made fools by thiago in the end.

Home of Barca Fans