Mesut Ozil

big_man

Nah would be a great deal ... we had Ozil for couple of seasons .. he is great but he has fitness issues ... he can't give you 90 minutes .. he hides for long periods and come up with the lethal pass

but with Isco proving to be miles ahead of Ozil in everything ... there is no place for Ozil at all , it's a great deal

All your posts always scream of knee jerk to me. Ozil over the past 4 years has been easily your second or third(at worst) best player and formed a fantastic and telepathic relationship with your best player on the pitch.

Fine a player as Isco might be, there is nothing to suggest he's clearly a better player than Ozil (yet), who has arguably been the most creative player in La liga over the past 3 seasons one of the reasons you started winning games against Barca.

We have yet to see how your shiny new toy will fare against Barca and in other tough matches, who cost 3 times the amount Ozil was bought for, This is the reason why your club has been a joke over the past 10 years, no continuity, spending literally a billion euros over the past 10 years or so, more than twice the next biggest spender in Europe with little to show for it, carry on though.

Last edited:

coura

Banned
Nah would be a great deal ... we had Ozil for couple of seasons .. he is great but he has fitness issues ... he can't give you 90 minutes .. he hides for long periods and come up with the lethal pass

but with Isco proving to be miles ahead of Ozil in everything ... there is no place for Ozil at all , it's a great deal

Isco has proved nothing. Ozil is the player in europe with assists in the last 3 years.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Cadena Ser: Madrid and Arsenal have reached a deal for Ozil, 45+5m euros pending agreement with the player who is desperate to leave
If he leaves it's a good deal for you guys, as you'll be getting twice what you paid for him

Beast

The Observer
All your posts always scream of knee jerk to me. Ozil over the past 4 years has been easily your second or third(at worst) best player and formed a fantastic and telepathic relationship with your best player on the pitch.

Fine a player as Isco might be, there is nothing to suggest he's clearly a better player than Ozil (yet), who has arguably been the most creative player in La liga over the past 3 seasons one of the reasons you started winning games against Barca.

We have yet to see how your shiny new toy will fare against Barca and in other tough matches, who cost 3 times the amount Ozil was bough for, This is the reason why your club has been a joke over the past 10 years, no continuity, spending literally a billion euros since the turn of 2000, more than twice the next biggest spender in Europe with little to show for it, carry on though.

Ozil had a long dip in form last year ... we know how good he is and what his strength and weakness because we see him week in week out ..
Isco is a better player than Ozil , more versatile and better goal scorer
Ozil tops our assist chart as you can see me & others said he provide the lethal killer pass but we need more which he can't provide
anyone who look beyond stats will point out that Ozil has plenty of games where he totally goes missing even when he provide the assist at the end which covers up the other 90 minutes
We'd rather take someone who can provide a full game and do the same job and more which is what Isco is doing , the fact is we had to chose between Di Maria and Ozil and we chose Di Maria to stay
forget about telepathy with Ronaldo because the best one to do that was Kaka not Ozil , Ozil is a very good player but we have better use of Isco who is better in every department , younger and above all Ozil himself need to start and judging from the last few games he can't cut it in the starting 11 he needs to play regulary for the WC year..and we cannot offer him that nor he can offer us what Isco offer us
Oh and Isco is not our new toy , he is one of the best talents in Europe last year
Since you want to bring the last 10 years also we jumped from a club who's revenues are 130 Million to 530 Million year ...if i make 5000 $ i can easily afford my favorite Clarks shoes , if you make 100 $ you will look for a 10 $ shoes... the difference between Real Madrid spending and Chelsea or Paris St. Germain that in our case it is the club owned by it's members who do that... it's our club and our money not some sugar daddy ..

and i love the flawed stats ...i love when you throw in a figure .. 1 billion Euro... anyone reads in shit like goal . com and consider it the bible
Educational crash course
Our net spending is 603 Million Euro in the last decade.. while Barcelona .. your team has their net spending 429 Million when you consider the amount of home grown you have (your lucky period just like in the 80's when it was our lucky period - by luck i mean to have a great generation of youth players coming at the same time from the youth academy ) you actually spend a lot more for a team almost complete from the youth setup ... don't you think ?

It's called smart business ..
Imagine we just have the first bunch of proper home grown , we've been buying the best from outside yet our net spending is 609 Million while you spent 429 Million and you have all those home grown ?
And you know what ? we top the football words in assets & revenue
Who is a joke here ?

Last edited:

Richard.H

We have yet to see how your shiny new toy will fare against Barca and in other tough matches, who cost 3 times the amount Ozil was bought for, This is the reason why your club has been a joke over the past 10 years, no continuity, spending literally a billion euros over the past 10 years or so, more than twice the next biggest spender in Europe with little to show for it, carry on though.

I think this post sums up exactly how I feel.

It's quite disrespectful towards Oezil to just write him off now that he wants to leave. He was undoubtedly the heart of your midfield and provided killer assists to Ronaldo and Benzema.

I would be glad if Oezil leaves and goes to a team where fans will respect and love his talents much more than the Madridistas.

big_man

Just read there's an offer for 45m Euros, in that case then fair enough, that's an offer too good to turn down. But it shouldn't have gotten to that in the first place, the guy deserves his stay at Madrid, being their 2nd best player and all, ah well, I'm relieved because he was a terror against Barca in recent matches, arguably their best player.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
to be frank, i'm shocked at the prospect of ozil leaving. his fitness issues aside, he has been nothing but brilliant for madrid in the past few years. he's so young, too. arsenal will do well to sign him.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Ozil is worth 45 million (or even 50) all day every day, will be extremely happy if we get him. Would shut up Wenger's critics and would actually be a good signing.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ozil is worth 45 million (or even 50) all day every day, will be extremely happy if we get him. Would shut up Wenger's critics and would actually be a good signing.

You already have a lot of these kind of players though. Either way great transfer, I'm happy for you. Arsenal is my proffered English team I want them to have a lot of success.

big_man

So you are entire reply was before you knew the price ? jesus... it's 45 + 5 variable = 50 Million

Doesn't change the fact that your entire hierarchy is full of transfer muppets that buy players for the sake of it. Wether or not you got 45millions, you created a situation where your second best player was being relegated to the bench for a shiny new toy and an overrated flat track bully that cost you 100 million.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You already have a lot of these kind of players though.

Cazorla will need to play predominately on the left wing for the next ten weeks, due to Podolski's and Ox's injuries, so a CAM to rotate with Wilshere would be wonderful.

Home of Barca Fans