Mesut Ozil

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Is it really 50 million? Not saying he's a bad player, but that seems a little bit steep... Or is it a figure to mask the 90+ million spent on Bale?

Beast

The Observer
Is it really 50 million? Not saying he's a bad player, but that seems a little bit steep... Or is it a figure to mask the 90+ million spent on Bale?
It's official on Arsenal website (see the last page ) 42.5 Million pound = 50 Million Euro

Ghost

I'm glad he left Real. I've always been a closet Ozil fan tbh. Arsenal seem like such a big step down, though. :/

Edit: No offence. I actually quite like Arsenal, but they aren't exactly a powerhouse club at the moment.

yeswecan

scared the shit out of me in almost every Clasico since he joined Madrid in 2010.
Gracias Florentino :worthy:

Last edited:

Darko

tbh Ozil is awesome and everybody likes him
but this move just doesnt make sense,the only thing Arsenal have in abundance is attacking midfielders,why would they want another one,instead of a striker,fullback,defensive midfielder,keeper...

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
striker,fullback,defensive midfielder,keeper...

We got a keeper, Walcott and Podolski can play striker, we don't need a fullback, and I guess Wenger thinks we have enough depth in DM after Flamini's arrival.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How ironic his last interview with Madrid was about not leaving because of competition.

Goodbye Ozil.

How can you blame Özil for leaving? If my memory serves me correctly, he had stated multiple times that he wanted to stay and he was happy in RM, as late as earlier today. His departure was definitely a case of him being shipped out by the unappreciative RM management (Perez). If Özil had his way he would have stayed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even though I am a Özil fan and I wish the best for him, but I am first and foremost a Barca fan, so I am very happy to see him leaving RM. Going to Arsenal is definitely a step down, however I see it as a better option than joining ManU and other teams.

Funny that some Bayern fans were high when they learned he had a medical done in Munich by the Bayern/DFB doctor, Dr. Wohlfahrt. Some of them thought they were hijacking the deal like they did to Thiago! :lol:

Özil, I wish you the best!

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
How can you blame Özil for leaving? If my memory serves me correctly, he had stated multiple times that he wanted to stay and he was happy in RM, as late as earlier today. His departure was definitely a case of him being shipped out by the unappreciative RM management (Perez). If Özil had his way he would have stayed.
I think so too - he didn't leave of his own accord, at least not completely. He shouldn't bother though. I'm with Xavi, RM has never been the ideal fit for Özil (although he was crucial for them).

Now I know we don't really need him at Barca, but I'd still be delighted to have him here one day... Him or Reus, or both. :wub:

Darko

We got a keeper, Walcott and Podolski can play striker, we don't need a fullback, and I guess Wenger thinks we have enough depth in DM after Flamini's arrival.

Depth in DM?
Flamini and who else...and please dont say Arteta because Im talking abot real DMs
You actually got Viviano,so I will let that one slide
I dont remember Podolski ever having a good game as a striker and if Walcott plays there who is going to play on the right wing(Chamberlain is injured for a long time right)?
Dont need a fullback?
Surely a RB would be useful for cover and fighting for a starting spot if Sagna underperforms like last season,or gets injured because Jenkinson is just not good enough.

pEllee

Arteta is a REAL DM. I don't care if he's played as an attacking midfield earlier. What matters is that he's doing good as a DM now. Besides, he's played there before. He knows what to do.

Right wing? Cazorla could probably do good there.

Right back? Sagna has been looking good lately, even as a CB. And believe it or not but Jenkinson is at least ok as a backup.

But you're right, Arsenal could use some more depth.

Last edited:
A

Athletic

Arsenal was arguably his best option....

United is still doubtfull how they will perform under Moysy and he doesn't suit their playstyle, not to mention has Rooney in his position.
City doesn't need him, neither does Chelsea or Bayern.
Dortmund can't pay his wages and I don't think Juve can either.

Home of Barca Fans