Mesut Ozil

Superfly

Banned
Jesus, you'd think Arsenal were some Championship squad reading some of the posts on here. Any club besides Barcelona and Bayern would be a step down.

Arsenal was the best option for him. He's now to center piece to a promising, young team and plays with the likes of Cazorla, Wilshere, and Podolski under Wenger rather than Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young under Moyes. Looking forward to seeing him rip the premier league up.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hats off to Perez.
With this sale Real Madrid's transfer balance is only 7 million higher than ours this summer.

Henry_IB

Banned
I've had a slight man crush on Özil for some time, think he's brilliant. And although Arsenal is a step down for him, I am glad he went there because I got a lot of friends who are Arsenal fans and I watch a lot of their games.

raskolnikov

Özil was the player I liked most from a football fan point of view along with Higuain.
Imagine if Arsenal had gotten him as well, their squad would have been very strong.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Ozil and Walcott will form such an amazing partnership, Ozil will have a field day feeding through balls to the pacy English winger

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

First thing I thought when the move was announced was picture with podolski with thumbs up.....
Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My mistake. It's 16 million, not 7. Still not that that bad at all. It's players sold - players bought. 58 million vs. 42 mil.

15ojadi.jpg

4gj04n.jpg

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
If Bale is worth 100m then Ozil is worth 150. Perez what the hell is wrong with you? Selling your teams 2nd best player who has been an elite player for 3 years to replace him with a guy who's only had one good season. What utter madness.

big_man

Hats off to Perez.
With this sale Real Madrid's transfer balance is only 7 million higher than ours this summer.

Hats off? What? :lol:
If Rosell bought Neymar for 100 million and sold Iniesta for 50 million this place would go batshit crazy, rightly so too. He basically bought an inferior player for 100 million, and sold a superior player that was their second best player for half of that because of this unneeded inferior player who is a poor man's version of a player they already have, just complete madness all around. Yet "hats off"?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Hats off? What? :lol:
If Rosell bought Neymar for 100 million and sold Iniesta for 50 million this place would go batshit crazy, rightly so too. He basically bought an inferior player for 100 million, and sold a superior player that was their second best player for half of that because of this unneeded inferior player who is a poor man's version of a player they already have, just complete madness all around. Yet "hats off"?

QFT

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Ozil is better than Bale but in the end it doesn't matter as Bale will play on the wing, and Real already bought 2 very good central midfielders, no?
And it's kinda wrong to compare Ozil to Iniesta. Iniesta is a homeboy and of course that the reaction to his sale would be quite different than selling Ozil from Madrid.

Compared to Nunez, Laporta or Rosell.. Perez is a genius when it comes to money. Just look a little beyond and see which football club regularly makes most money regardless how much trophies they win.

Home of Barca Fans