Mesut Ozil

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I don't think that Bale is 50 million euros better than Ozil though.

Yep, it's the other way round, Ozil is atleast 50 million euros better than Gareth fucking Bale. To quote Spartacus, Levy has spread open Madrid's butt cheeks and rammed...well, I don't know if I'm allowed to finish that :lol:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't think that Bale is 50 million euros better than Ozil though.

Yes, but given the Bale deal was completely out of scale, it should not be a point of reference. That would result in all prices rising to infinity, which I hope won't happen. That 100 million for Bale is ridiculous is not in question, but it shouldn't influence other prices from now on.

Although in my eyes too, Özil is better than Bale. I see why some say the deal was clever, but I still hope RM will suffer from it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As Wolfe said. Market is far more complex than just players abilities (which are subjective to begin with).

Meitux

Prices right now don't reflect to how much the player is worth, but how many will the club give to another so they will be satisfied to agree. Think about it, PSG gave 32 milion for Marquinhos and they accepted immediately. Most teams actually increase the price even more than they want because clubs like PSG Monaco or City pay carelessly..

Last edited:

ebc_99

Ozil is a great player wouldn't say he is better than Fabregas though. Great signing for Arsenal I think he will stand head and shoulders above nearly all players in England this season, probably the most gifted player in the league now.

Zincubus

Banned
Ozil is a great player wouldn't say he is better than Fabregas though. Great signing for Arsenal I think he will stand head and shoulders above nearly all players in England this season, probably the most gifted player in the league now.

I'd agree to be fair . Cazorla is also damn skilful though .

If things click , Arsenal are gonna be scary .

suckabov

Lemon curry?
ay_117535921.jpg

Let it begin!

A

Athletic

I hate how the shirt doesn't have those points above the O that must be an error. Hope they fix it soon I want a long sleeve Ozil shirt :)

Alik

I really feel bad for him. 24 years old, one of the best midfielders in the world... what a step down for him.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
That's what he said about his statement he wouldn't leave Madrid on Wednesday:
I was certain at this point I would stay at Real Madrid. But after that, I did notice that I didn't have the trust of the coach or those responsible any longer. I'm a player who needs trust, and I feel that at Arsenal. That's why I'm moving there. [...] Arsene Wenger has confidence in me, that's how I can further develop. I want to be 100% fit for the world cup. As for Real Madrid, I know what I can do and my potential. I think I have the ability to prove myself at any club, I know that, since I have confidence in myself. But since I didn't feel the club's confidence, I just had to leave the club. Arsenal has full confidence in me.

Source and full interview, in German, if anyone's interested:

<iframe src="http://tv.dfb.de/playvid.php?view=6355&w=700&h=490" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="490" scrolling="no" width="700"></iframe>

Last edited:

Barcafire

I think it's a great move for a few reasons:

1) It shows that Arsenal can finally splash the cash.

2) Great move for Wenger as it tests if splashing the cash is their answer for a better squad. It'll keep their fans calm for a while. In the end, they'll see who's right or wrong. Fans or Wenger.

3) Finally, I think Ozil will have a bigger impact at Arsenal. He'll become a key player, rather than one of Perez's star puppets for profit and commercialization. He'll be a footballer again and not just a name to sell jerseys and lure in new fans. Like our Ibra move.

4) Finally, I've always admire this kid for his good attitude and good game sensibilities. It sucked to hate him because he was wearing the white.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
3) Finally, I think Ozil will have a bigger impact at Arsenal. He'll become a key player, rather than one of Perez's star puppets for profit and commercialization. He'll be a footballer again and not just a name to sell jerseys and lure in new fans. Like our Ibra move.
While I don't think he was "just a name to sell jerseys and lure in new fans" at RM, I agree he will have a bigger impact at Arsenal. He will have to take more responsibility, which is only good for his development. I'm sure he'll become even better.

Home of Barca Fans