Mesut Ozil

suckabov

Lemon curry?
For what it's worth, Wolfe's reaction is not as unreasonsable as most of this forum's when thiago decided to leave for similar reasons(playing time on a wc year).

I found those Thiago reactions to be unreasonable too. Although I didn't even say Wolfe was being unreasonable, nor criticising him. I am just surprised. It seems clear to me that the management wanted him out more than him wanting to leave, but even if it's the other way round, I found his words reasonable.
As for Thiago, it's true many people went mental about it, which I didn't understand either. I've found Thiago's reasons for leaving reasonable, and accordingly Özil's even more considering he was much more important for RM then Thiago for Barca. Plus, in both cases, I think the management is to blame at least partly.

serghei

For what it's worth, Wolfe's reaction is not as unreasonsable as most of this forum's when thiago decided to leave for similar reasons(playing time on a wc year).

It's not the same. Thiago didn't have 71 assists for Barcelona. He is still a prospect, whereas Mesut Özil is a world class player, who's proven pretty much everything there is to prove, both for Madrid and for Germany.

El Gato

Villarato!
Hey, if Iker continues his shenanigans and won't go back to being a captain that he should be, I have nothing against him leaving. Being a legend doesn't mean you're entitled to a seat in the club, especially if two different coaches make decisions to put someone else ahead of you indicating you're clearly doing something wrong. But that's a different story.

What the fuck? How did Perez force Ozil out? :lol: Bringing competition in Isco and Bale doesn't mean you have to automatically leave. It just means you have to clench your teeth together and WORK YOUR ASS OFF to be picked. Di Maria did just that in the last 3 league games. Ozil supposedly had nothing against that... and then he left for that specific reason :lol:

PS Ozil didn't prove everything. He just proved he can record an assist regularly and score from time to time. There were issues to his game too.

I've noticed this stupid concept that people grown into using that when you prove something, it automatically means you're going to do it. No. You need to keep doing it, because you can always fall of your horse. Just look at Iker.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This guy :lol: Not a week ago he spoke about staying in the club no matter the competition and now he leaves, because supposedly the coach didn't have trust in him with everyone in the club surprised he actually chose to leave :lol:

Sayonara Mr Ozil :lol:

Again, did he hand in a transfer request himself or did RM initiate/push for the transfer?

El Gato

Villarato!
Again, did he hand in a transfer request himself or did RM initiate/push for the transfer?

Because not handing in a transfer request means that when a club accepts a bid for you it means they're trying to push you out... *sigh*

So many people have now confirmed Ozil decided to leave and there is nothing to suggest Ancelotti wasn't going to give him the chances to play and feature in the team. He just wasn't ready to wait for that chance. Isco isn't going to play every game nor is he going to not have dips in form. If Ozil feels like he's the better player, why not prove he can bench Isco?

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't know whether or not he was right in believing the coach had no confidence in him. It does seem like a good reason to leave for a player of his calibre, though.

Also, if RM had counted on him, I don't see why they never signalled that publically.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Why some of you cules give a toss about Ozil and Casillas situation at Real?? Barca have enough issues to worry about. What's it to you how Real treat with their players?!

About Thiago, I didn't care at all when he left. I pretty much expected it for some time and I never found him a very loyal guy tbh. No player deserve to be at the club if their mind and heart is not there with the team. This goes for any player, even the players 10x bigger than Thiago.

Beast

The Observer
Some of you guys... really

You are a German International player , a main starter... so your club buys a "Better-(Bale) " player ..most expensive one who will probably take your spot which you already were fighting for with two other players (Di Maria - Isco ) the later became instant fan favorite , moreover it's a new formation that won't allow you to be as effective as the old formation
As well your most important matter .... it's the World cup year.. your country is currently gifted with players who can fill your spot and everybody wants to make the starting spot so will you risk staying and probably be shifted to a part player or move to a team that will cherish your talent and will allow you to be the main start and starter in all games ?
No one pushed him out as you make it... the situation was clear he will not be a guaranteed starter and the competition is getting more & more hard for him...
I like Ozil , but i know he has his limitations in terms of fitness he can still make that killer pass which will make him fan favorite in Arsenal and a revelation in the EPL but for me i'd pick Isco because not only he provide the same , he score more , he dictate the play and a lot more versatile and above all Spanish

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because not handing in a transfer request means that when a club accepts a bid for you it means they're trying to push you out... *sigh*

What are you saying, really?

Did RM actually accept the bid Arsenal placed on Özil? If so, the very fact that RM accepted the bid means they didn't care to keep him because otherwise they would have rejected the bid like we did with Cesc. In that case, Özil had no other options, did he? Could he have refused to leave even though RM had already accepted the bid? how can you be upset that he is leaving?

I hate to bring up Thiago, but the Thiago situation was quite different. Thiago actively sought to leave, with him personally calling Guardiola, and with his reps allegedly talking to Bayern and perhaps ManU prior to his departure. He made his intentions quite clear, if Tito was not going to guarantee him the playing time he wanted, he wanted out. Did Özil express any of that? Were Özil's reps in talks with Arsenal in the past couple of weeks to facilitate the transfer?

If anything, I felt Özil's transfer is like Villa's move to Atletico. You woke up in the morning and were told, "Sorry, you are being transferred".

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Did RM actually accept the bid Arsenal placed on Özil? If so, the very fact that RM accepted the bid means they didn't care to keep him because otherwise they would have rejected the bid like we did with Cesc.
My thoughts exactly. Has nothing to do with 'being forced out', it's just that the club did not intend to keep him.

Beast

The Observer
What are you saying, really?

Did RM actually accept the bid Arsenal placed on Özil? If so, the very fact that RM accepted the bid means they didn't care to keep him because otherwise they would have rejected the bid like we did with Cesc. In that case, Özil had no other options, did he? Could he have refused to leave even though RM had already accepted the bid? how can you be upset that he is leaving?

I hate to bring up Thiago, but the Thiago situation was quite different. Thiago actively sought to leave, with him personally calling Guardiola, and with his reps allegedly talking to Bayern and perhaps ManU prior to his departure. He made his intentions quite clear, if Tito was not going to guarantee him the playing time he wanted, he wanted out. Did Özil express any of that? Were Özil's reps in talks with Arsenal in the past couple of weeks to facilitate the transfer?

If anything, I felt Özil's transfer is like Villa's move to Atletico. You woke up in the morning and were told, "Sorry, you are being transferred".

It goes a little deeper than that... around a month or so ago there was a leak of Mourinho Sporting report on the team affairs.. (you know like the handover report if you are a manager and leaving where u recommend firing this /promote that etc )
In this report Mourinho stated that both Benzema & Ozil preform better without competition.. once they are under competition they suffer greatly
Usually i'd take it with a pinch of salt but than i actually remembered Benzema best form was when Higuain was injured and his drop in form was when Higuain was fit and playing week in week out... I also remember who Ozil was extremely crap earlier last season when Modric arrived.. it was pretty evident his form was really awful
As for Mourinho he said this about Ozil and i quote :
Ozil suffer from the same issues as Benzema ,the German playmaker is considered to be a player who requires the utmost faith from everyone at the club as a starter to perform to the best of his abilities.
Considering Isco arrival & form (the dip in Ozil form earlier this season ) as well as Bale arrival plus what i wrote above as possible personal reasons for leaving... could contribute to Ozil departure... you cannot force a player to leave as you know .. but Ozil must also think about his own career

Butaan4barca

It goes a little deeper than that... around a month or so ago there was a leak of Mourinho Sporting report on the team affairs.. (you know like the handover report if you are a manager and leaving where u recommend firing this /promote that etc )
In this report Mourinho stated that both Benzema & Ozil preform better without competition.. once they are under competition they suffer greatly
Usually i'd take it with a pinch of salt but than i actually remembered Benzema best form was when Higuain was injured and his drop in form was when Higuain was fit and playing week in week out... I also remember who Ozil was extremely crap earlier last season when Modric arrived.. it was pretty evident his form was really awful
As for Mourinho he said this about Ozil and i quote :
Ozil suffer from the same issues as Benzema ,the German playmaker is considered to be a player who requires the utmost faith from everyone at the club as a starter to perform to the best of his abilities.
Considering Isco arrival & form (the dip in Ozil form earlier this season ) as well as Bale arrival plus what i wrote above as possible personal reasons for leaving... could contribute to Ozil departure... you cannot force a player to leave as you know .. but Ozil must also think about his own career

Lol, i can't believe madrid fell for that. Mourinho if wrote any such thing, there had to be a mindgame. And thats about it. Worst tranfer is the history of madrid, best transfere in history of arsenal. And best transfer in the history of this forum form "other players sections".

Now on mourinho thoughts. And i quote, who ? him and him. He said something like. Ozil ? he is unique there is no one like him. He is the best 10 in the world. . He is a mixture of zidane and figo, THere is no other ozil, not even a bad version of him. ....something like that.

Out of all that group of players real madrid have. I have always liked him. I have flooded this forumn and others with the my words of praise for him, ever since we missed the opportunity to sign him. I think he would be the best play maker in epl this season along with hazard.

Beast

The Observer
Worst transfer in the history of Madrid ? selling a player you bought for 15 Mil for 50 Mil ....``
As for Jose's words.. it's not a water melon when you don't know if it's right or wrong..a look at Ozil form in competition or Benzema with Higuain fit support his words
Jose wasn't all alone in the club you know.. there is plenty of people who were before him and after him on the bench like Chendo ..
Enjoy the sun....

Home of Barca Fans