Mesut Ozil

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The difference is stark when compared to the 2m we got for Villa who is far superior to Albiol and Callejon even if he's older. We got 3m euros for Caceres, after being unable to sell him for two years. He was a Uruguay international and 23 years old. Your argument doesnt stack up against the Barca history of transfers. Hleb was a starter at his previous club, a star, but we released him on a free transfer. Thats what we do with bench players, like Albiol and Callejon were. We simply are unable to get proper money for out of favor players, unlike Madrid.

Whats interesting is that even if players flop at Madrid, the club is still able to shift them for a profit or close to profit. They paid like 4m for Callejon and flogged him for 10m. Robinho was shifted for 42m to City after flopping at Madrid. We loan out all our flops until the end of their contract. The difference is big.

I agree, it's actually sad. Madrid also have a tendency to sell just before they really go downhill, like Robinho.

Beast

The Observer
The second one:

Two very interesting takes on Özil's departure, in defense of RM's decision to sell him...

Both true to the bone as well as Wolfe article although i'm not a fan of exposing players nightlife (Hi Sneijder :( ) , but no one wants to understand it over here...
Eventually it's the best for all involved and great piece of business for us ...

As for the rest of the comparisons people are doing between what Barca sell and what Real sell , let me clarify we have learned the hard way .. just because we made some stunning SELLING business lately doesn't mean it was always like that
Like you we buy expensive , sell or get rid cheap .. of course we have some good moves like Owen , Woodgate , Robinho , This season entire transfer out Except .. Kaka but you also remember we sold Sneijder, Huntelaar, VDV & Robben for peanuts ...
I'd consider Kaka is god's payback for Redondo :) but the point is for the sake of fairness don't expect every player we sell to be for a profit sometimes we take big blows but recently we've been very smart in buying & selling .. and that"smart" thing does include both CR & Bale fee ;)

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Both true to the bone as well as Wolfe article although i'm not a fan of exposing players nightlife (Hi Sneijder :( ) , but no one wants to understand it over here...
Eventually it's the best for all involved and great piece of business for us ...

As for the rest of the comparisons people are doing between what Barca sell and what Real sell , let me clarify we have learned the hard way .. just because we made some stunning SELLING business lately doesn't mean it was always like that
Like you we buy expensive , sell or get rid cheap .. of course we have some good moves like Owen , Woodgate , Robinho , This season entire transfer out Except .. Kaka but you also remember we sold Sneijder, Huntelaar, VDV & Robben for peanuts ...
I'd consider Kaka is god's payback for Redondo :) but the point is for the sake of fairness don't expect every player we sell to be for a profit sometimes we take big blows but recently we've been very smart in buying & selling .. and that"smart" thing does include both CR & Bale fee ;)

Let's just agree that we both suck when selling, and many times buying, players. The latest 10-15 years or so I'm sure we are close #1 and #2, and far from #3 as the clubs doing the worst transfers :lol:

P

PhilS

Getting rid of Ozil is just an incredible thing to do, of course so many key players are upset. After Isco got bought, maybe Ozil leaving became inevitable, since they do play the same position. RM certainly can't be called complacent with last year's results. Bringing in Bale and Iso, and the effects of these moves on their other great players, this is really rolling the dice.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Getting rid of Ozil is just an incredible thing to do, of course so many key players are upset. After Isco got bought, maybe Ozil leaving became inevitable, since they do play the same position. RM certainly can't be called complacent with last year's results. Bringing in Bale and Iso, and the effects of these moves on their other great players, this is really rolling the dice.

It must be hard balancing a strong bench, competition, rotation etc. Some players want to be undisputed starters or else they don't play at their best, some thrive and improve under competition etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Same. As for those articles you posted, quite interesting. But whatever they were intending with his transfer - it's Real Madrid, I hope it will not pay off. As such, I'm happy about the transfer. He's been one of my favourite players since 2009 and I've never really liked him at Real, first because it's Real, second because I don't think he lived up to his potential there. Switching to Arsenal and taking over more responsibility will surely help him and might turn him into an all-time great. Quite excited to see how it will go on for him :)

My sentiment exactly. :beer2:

Zincubus

Banned

I can't believe they parted with Ozil . Imagine Ozil AND Isco in the same team !!

Probably the best for Barca though and he's gone to my second fave team ( by a long way ) Arsenal which is nice as I hate it when my fave players move to teams I don't like .

Anyone see those stats of Ozil yesterday ??

I expected the goal scored / pass completion / assists BUT who'd have thought that he made 95 goal chances last season for Madrid .

You can't tell me that they aren't going to miss all the chances he creates for them .

Beast

The Observer
I can't believe they parted with Ozil . Imagine Ozil AND Isco in the same team !!

Probably the best for Barca though and he's gone to my second fave team ( by a long way ) Arsenal which is nice as I hate it when my fave players move to teams I don't like .

Anyone see those stats of Ozil yesterday ??

I expected the goal scored / pass completion / assists BUT who'd have thought that he made 95 goal chances last season for Madrid .

You can't tell me that they aren't going to miss all the chances he creates for them .

Scoring chances.... you do realize a corner is a scoring chance right ? a pass for an offside player is one ?
:D

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Oh they will. They just don't realize to what extent yet. And he is definitely better than Gotze at this time. I think that will change in the future but right now it's not even close. Ozil has terrorized us for years now :lol:. It's always him with the assist.....well no more! I'm just hoping Isco doesn't turn into a godly assist machine like Mesut. Madrid are goin to be powerful this season...but in curious to what their final passes will look like now. Ozil was the architect of so many of their moves it's crazy. So happy he is gone now. My favorite Madrid player for a while.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's currently the best German player. I like Reus and Götze as well, but Özil is above them. Götze is extremely young, has loads of potential and might become one of the best in the world in the future, it'll be exciting to see how he develops. But then again, Özil is young still, too. The future doesn't look too bad for Germany in general...

Özil is the better player at the moment, slightly older and more experienced. In my opinion Götze has a much higher ceiling/potential though, he is a more complete player (dribbling, passing, scoring) and a future Ballon D'Or material while Özil is not.

Yeah, with the likes of Özil, Götze, Draxler and Gnabry, Germany's future is indeed very bright (but not as long as Löw is the NT coach ;)).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Ozil has a better final pass and vision. He is also as good a dribbler as Götze. The only advantages he has are superior stamina and more "involvement" if that makes sense, ozil can drift out of matches.

Ozil and Cesc are the best final passers and assisters in the world.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ozil has a better final pass and vision. He is also as good a dribbler as Götze. The only advantages he has are superior stamina and more "involvement" if that makes sense, ozil can drift out of matches.

I have to disagree there. Dribbling is not his thing.

pEllee

Ozil and Cesc are the best final passers and assisters in the world.

Özil is a decent dribbler but as good as Götze? Not really. Götze averaged 3 successful dribbles per game last season, Özil only 1. The season before that, Götze averaged 3,5 successful dribbles per game, Özil just 1,1. Özil's touch, and control is just as good though. If not better.

And yes, Özil and Cesc are probably the best when it comes to delivering the final pass. I'd add Messi and maybe even Totti to that list though. :)

Home of Barca Fans