Mikayil Faye

jamrock

I would have preferred a loan to girona, but we need the quick cash, if true and the buyback is reasonable, it's a good deal.

Andresito

Staff member
Buy back is good but let's hope it isn't something weird like too expensive (Nico) or that it kicks in after a certain time (Chadi).

Porque

The deal is shit. We managed to squeeze in a buyback clause as if that is some outlandish negotiation win.

Let's see what it ends up as. Faye has the profile to absolutely explode in remedial Porkchop hype league.

Because the way I see it, this past fortnight we lost Natali, Mokio, Faye, Chadi and Guiu while keeping Eric fuckin Garcia.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

When are people going to start laying the blame at the sporting department? Terrible to let him go, but, as always, the initial terms of the deal will be PR driven to appease fans and only later on will it slowly be revealed that we had our pants pulled down again.

Being 'broke' ain't no excuse either. Juventus are struggling financially and they still managed to mug an EPL club for Douglas Luiz. We are losing all our young targets and not always to clubs that throw more money at them ( Mokio ).

And no other team in the planet is getting a disrespectful bid of 15m for a Spanish international in his prime ( who just scored a great goal in the Euros ).

Standards have become so low that we even had people praising the sporting department when we sold Griezmann for 15m. :bartomeu:

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

The deal is shit. We managed to squeeze in a buyback clause as if that is some outlandish negotiation win.

Let's see what it ends up as. Faye has the profile to absolutely explode in remedial Porkchop hype league.

Because the way I see it, this past fortnight we lost Natali, Mokio, Faye, Chadi and Guiu while keeping Eric fuckin Garcia.
You didn't even know Natalie until 3 weeks ago 😂 😂.

Mokio first team at Ajax and more money or Barca B? Easy choice really.

Chadi deal should have be structured waaay better.

Guiu is just a little stupid mofo.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He is signing for their U-21 team, and he is a carbon copy of their current biggest prospect (Hato) as they are both 1.82M tall left footed, ball playing & athletic CB. Unless Hato is sold no way Mokio is counted as full time first team player.
With that said, Ajax always have a better path to first team football and we will always lose race to such type of talents, from the Ondoa, Davinson Sanchez to Makio, and same can be said about Salzburg, BVB etc.

jamrock

He is signing for their U-21 team, and he is a carbon copy of their current biggest prospect (Hato) as they are both 1.82M tall left footed, ball playing & athletic CB. Unless Hato is sold no way Mokio is counted as full time first team player.
With that said, Ajax always have a better path to first team football and we will always lose race to such type of talents, from the Ondoa, Davinson Sanchez to Makio, and same can be said about Salzburg, BVB etc.
Oh okay, thought it was the first team.

khaled_a_d

So, if we sell Eric it is all good then? :rolleyes:
How is that a bad deal? In January offers were 9M, now it is 15M + buyback that we wouldn't have if he went to France. Even outright sale it would have been good. If it was RM most of the forum will be singing praise for Perez shrewd business.
I mean what type of deal you would have considered a win?

Porque

You didn't even know Natalie until 3 weeks ago 😂 😂.

Chadi deal should have be structured waaay better.

Guiu is just a little stupid mofo.

I did. But the board didn't. That's the issue that he looks a better player than Cuenca, Olmedo yet was all the way back in Juvenil B. Not even the A.

Anyways this deal works only if the buyback is within 10m. Anything more and Faye is never coming back so we are playing wait and see.

Khaled covered Mokio.

Effectively we are using the B team prospects as quick money in June to get back to 1:1 in July.

Which is fine if
A) we bring in projects of equal or higher potential to replace them (eg Mokio)
B) the signings when reaching 1:1 are justifiable (No Olmo shits)

It's early in the Summer, but so far the warning signals are there.

Porque

So, if we sell Eric it is all good then? :rolleyes:
How is that a bad deal? In January offers were 9M, now it is 15M + buyback that we wouldn't have if he went to France. Even outright sale it would have been good. If it was RM most of the forum will be singing praise for Perez shrewd business.
I mean what type of deal you would have considered a win?

Covered this in the other post. In essence the deal is fine if we get a buyout clause within a range that we can actually activate.

My problem is we are at this stage keeping Eric as a squad option ahead of better prospects.

But fine OK I can live with that if with the 1:1 we get the right personnel. So far the rumours have been on point and it's pointing to Olmo. That makes making all these moves to get to 1:1 to sign a nothing player that the squad already closely covers a bit pointless and medium term not beneficial.

jamrock

I did. But the board didn't. That's the issue that he looks a better player than Cuenca, Olmedo yet was all the way back in Juvenil B. Not even the A.

Anyways this deal works only if the buyback is within 10m. Anything more and Faye is never coming back so we are playing wait and see.

Khaled covered Mokio.

Effectively we are using the B team prospects as quick money in June to get back to 1:1 in July.

Which is fine if
A) we bring in projects of equal or higher potential to replace them (eg Mokio)
B) the signings when reaching 1:1 are justifiable (No Olmo shits)

It's early in the Summer, but so far the warning signals are there.
Oh okay, can't remember his name being mentioned once until the euros and Bayer signing him.

I agree the buyback as to be reasonable, because Faye as all the attributes required to be a top CB, but if selling some B team player is what it require to help us get back to 1:1 it's a worthy sacrifice.

Garcia will likely end up back at girona on loan or a reasonable sale.

The CBs we have in the team now is more than enough to get us through next season, I just wish/hoped Faye would have been given a chance in preseason.

Home of Barca Fans