Nelson Semedo

JamDav1982

Semedo in last three starts vs Roma twice and Leganes has been caught under headers they almost scored.

Pique and Umtiti were bigger shambles tonight though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Holy shit. Why was he marking MANOLAS?

Dzeko, Manolas, Fazio their three dominant set-piece threats should have been marked by Pique, Suarez and Gomes/Umtiti

Tekkers

the defensive genius apparently felt like semedo was the most capable out of barcas players to defend manolas. i knew this so-called defensive stalwart would be exposed, but i expected it against a city, liverpool or bayern, not roma of all teams. what a pitiful way to go out.

BBZ8800

lol bbz you have gone insane. you really expect semedo to outjump freaking manolas?

Holy shit. Why was he marking MANOLAS?

Dzeko, Manolas, Fazio their three dominant set-piece threats should have been marked by Pique, Suarez and Gomes/Umtiti

Ok, it is EV's fault then for assigning him.
But as I wrote already, could you please imagine our team on a training grounds and defending set pieces, haha?

Let's say that we play 11 vs 11 or something like that and in the first team we have starters from today and in the 2nd team we have squad players.
So, against whom do Pique/Umtiti/Suarez/Raki (and Semedo) have to train?

Mina can jump in the other team.
Pualinho also.
Vermaelen to some extent.

Other squad players are Digne, Gomes, Denis, Paco, Dembele, Coutinho...

No wonder that Semedo or Alba probably look good at defending corners at training grounds :lol:

Again, another "beauty" of having a short team with not too many physical players.

I am serious now, have we scored more than 2 goals this season after corners with our mighty "jumpers"?

Cule4life

The Culest
bbz our team maybe midgets but what does that have to do with Semedo's performance today? Thats an issue with the whole team.

serghei

So, this guy went from not playing a single game for 1 month, to playing 3 full games in 8 days. Is this for fucking real?

El Guaje

Our whole team is incapable of containing anyone who can jump and head the ball.
That's another "beauty" of Pep's legacy here (short, technical players).

Alba can't jump.
Semedo can't jump too high either.
Busi is tall but can't jump.
Messi can't jump.
Iniesta, no comment.
Pique, Umtiti, Raki and Suarez are only players who can defend against all other opponents.

Every corner against us is like a penalty shoot with our midgets team against any decent big team who have 5-6 players taller than 180cm.
Which is more or less ANY big team, except City and Barca.

About Suarez and Semedo in that action, well they probably practiced this on training grounds.
But since on playing grounds OUR team defends only against Barca's players, then on training grounds our defenders probably look good and strong while they defend set pieces.
Again, because they have to play against other midgets on training grounds.

Somebody probably instructed Semedo to mark Manolas.
Or... our defense against set pieces is totally random and we decide in a moment who will mark whom?

Quit making things up. All season we have been more than fine defending corners. But yeah ok, whatever floats your boat. We should have had more workhorses and should have played 5-4-1 and our bus may have only conceded 1 goal instead of 3. Never mind us getting overrun everywhere on the pitch and not being able to do anything with the ball as if we were fucking Getafe playing vs high pressing Liverpool.

khaled_a_d

Our whole team is incapable of containing anyone who can jump and head the ball.
That's another "beauty" of Pep's legacy here (short, technical players).

Alba can't jump.
Semedo can't jump too high either.
Busi is tall but can't jump.
Messi can't jump.
Iniesta, no comment.
Pique, Umtiti, Raki and Suarez are only players who can defend against all other opponents.

Every corner against us is like a penalty shoot with our midgets team against any decent big team who have 5-6 players taller than 180cm.
Which is more or less ANY big team, except City and Barca.

About Suarez and Semedo in that action, well they probably practiced this on training grounds.
But since on playing grounds OUR team defends only against Barca's players, then on training grounds our defenders probably look good and strong while they defend set pieces.
Again, because they have to play against other midgets on training grounds.

Somebody probably instructed Semedo to mark Manolas.
Or... our defense against set pieces is totally random and we decide in a moment who will mark whom?

Hmmm, how many players do we have from Pep era? Messi,Iniesta,Busquets & Pique, two fo those are giants and another two are midgets.
FB usually are shorter, Alba has been a top 5 LB at worst in past 6 season. He isn't here due to Pep legacy but because it was brilliant deal.

BBZ8800

Quit making things up. All season we have been more than fine defending corners. But yeah ok, whatever floats your boat. We should have had more workhorses and should have played 5-4-1 and our bus may have only conceded 1 goal instead of 3. Never mind us getting overrun everywhere on the pitch and not being able to do anything with the ball as if we were fucking Getafe playing vs high pressing Liverpool.

We were overrun because we weren't playing with workhorses at all.
Our midfield was:
CDM Busi
CM Raki
Granny Iniesta lost somewhere on a field.
And Roberto hogging a touchline.

What king of a midfield is that?
A classical 433, whom I dislike, has a way more balanced midfield than this, since we have 3 players close together in the middle.

This was a formation which neither was good in attack, nor in midfield, nor defensively.
EV suddenly invented Roberto-Semedo lineup in the last 8 days out of nowhere.

BBZ8800

Hmmm, how many players do we have from Pep era? Messi,Iniesta,Busquets & Pique, two fo those are giants and another two are midgets.
FB usually are shorter, Alba has been a top 5 LB at worst in past 6 season. He isn't here due to Pep legacy but because it was brilliant deal.

I didn't mean Pep's legacy in terms of players who stayed here since Pep's era, but in terms of Pep's philosophy of short, technical players (Jesus, Sane, Aguero, Silva and similar).

Quit making things up. All season we have been more than fine defending corners.

Maybe Spanish teams are shorter than big boys in Europe?
I didn't check stats but I am quite sure that Chelsea or Bayern surely have a taller team on average than Getafe or Leganes which means that:
1. European teams will create more chances (due to their quality) and more corners after that
2. they will have more corners and more taller players whom we have to mark

I am pissed right now and maybe I am just writing a total shit, but still, I always have a feeling that we are the weakest European team both in attacking and defending corners.
English teams are better than us in that era, Real is better, Bayern is better, Juve is better.

So, no wonder that we are "surprised" often in a Europe during corners.

El Guaje

We were overrun because we weren't playing with workhorses at all.
Our midfield was:
CDM Busi
CM Raki
Granny Iniesta lost somewhere on a field.
And Roberto hogging a touchline.

What king of a midfield is that?
A classical 433, whom I dislike, has a way more balanced midfield than this, since we have 3 players close together in the middle.

This was a formation which neither was good in attack, nor in midfield, nor defensively.
EV suddenly invented Roberto-Semedo lineup in the last 8 days out of nowhere.

We would have been overrun with Paulinho and Gomes out there aswell. There was nobody to control the ball. All of them shit themselves as soon as opponents run at them.
Then i also wonder why the fuck he subs Busquets? If you rush him back you might aswell just keep him when shit hit the fan. He is the only one capable of getting things under control and keep things flowing. Instead he subs in fucking Gomes. I would have done a better job.

The problem is not that our midget players cant defend a corner. The problem is our coach playing way too conservative and always picking scrubs to play because of some fucking defensive stability that doesnt even exist when we face good opponents. It has been like this since the season started but people were blinded by the results. Now it has come to bite us in the ass.

ASordidGod

Have been an advocate for this guy, and still feel he's defensively better than Roberto, but on the ball he's very clumsy. I don't trust him to take possesion under pressure, which is a must for a Barca full back.

khaled_a_d

I didn't mean Pep's legacy in terms of players who stayed here since Pep's era, but in terms of Pep's philosophy of short, technical players (Jesus, Sane, Aguero, Silva and similar).

Look man, I am not against many of your posts against Pep (or against living in the past)
But Pep legacy in the club has more or less dies during Lucho era, what was remaining was the PR marketing stunts of Barca DNA, the club has moved forward although in some positions we retained the requirements that was there uring Barca pep (CB can play highline and pass, GK can pass) but truth is we had those qualities inside the club since the man in your avatar took over.
Our midfield today had one short player , same as attack, same as defense. That is really not a shortcoming in terms of physicality specially when you consider that two of those are the GOAT and one of the best LB in the world and a club legend

Home of Barca Fans