Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He already surpassed him though...

giphy.gif

xXKonan

Semedo in the old Abidal role

Alba in the Alves role.

It makes sense tbh like Jamdav said. If Suarez is going to be a LF while Messi is in the False 9 position, Alba will be used a lot more as a winger to help make up some of the deficiencies Suarez may have in the old Henry/Villa role.

Semedo would have Dembele on his flank so he wouldn't need to go forward all the time.

jairzinho

Fullbacks score goals very rarely. Even if they can shoot or finish well. Simply not their job.

:coffee: Obviously i don't expect him to be a prolific goal scorer from that position. But that's not to say he can't and won't score the odd goal or two.

Adriano and more so Dani Alves scored some amazing goals.

Zinedinho

If Valverde carries on with these tactics Semedo will most likely not be bombing on in final third too often.

The width on the right will be taken more by a wide player and Semedo will be more reserved in getting forward than Alba on other side who is more or less a wing back.

Similar to the way it used to be with Alves being like a winger and Abidal more reserved think is way it will go for a while yet.

Agreed. All the better for Rakitic as well. Or whoever earns that spot.

FinBarcelonafan

I wouldn't expect many goals from Semedo, he seems to me more of a playmaker than goal scorer. He is always looking for that pass, not to finish himself. Might be confidence for now as well, but that's how it looks like.

henias

I think its better that Alba become the more attacking wing back bcos it simply favors Messi's left foot. Messi has scored more from the overlapping runs on the left (Neymar, Alba). However, in terms of linking up, 1-2s, he's better with Alves.

However, if Dembele were to play RW, Alba will have to take up the attacking role that Neymar left. Suarez could help out Alba but he doesnt have the speed so Alba will throw himself forward more. Defensively the left side will be compromised. Thats what Im worried abt.

Last edited:

kattanib

I think its better that Alba become the more attacking wing back bcos it simply favors Messi's left foot. Messi has scored more from the overlapping runs on the left (Neymar, Alba). However, in terms of linking up, 1-2s, he's better with Alves.

However, if Dembele were to play RW, Alba will have to take up the attacking role that Neymar left. Suarez could help out Alba but he doesnt have the speed so Alba will throw himself forward more. Defensively the left side will be compromised. Thats what Im worried abt.

I don't think there is another option tbh given that we now dont have a LW (RW instead)

Jombi

Suarez as a permanent left wing is ridiculous. Mbappe would have been absolutely perfect as he can play left wing and striker but we showed no interest.

We have to buy someone like Ismaila Sarr or Christian Pulisic to really make the left wing relevant if we are to play with Messi as a false 9 and get rid of Suarez. Alternatively, moving Dembele to the left and signing Malcom from Bordeaux.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Mbappe was never happening.

Barca were never spending 180m on a player to get rid of Suarez.

You keep repeating it though so can say in future shoulf have signed him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Only reason we're not down by 2-3 goals after that first half. For those questioning his defending, there ya go.

Home of Barca Fans