New Kits Thread

Adrian

http://shop.fcbayern.de/media/images/shop/hintergrundgrafiken/HG-SHOP_1920x1080_CL_02.jpg

It actually looks like shit. If the stripe would end at the bottom of the jersey it would look quite good.

That sort of reminds me of this -

61322_02_lg.jpg

Except I like the Barca one.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That sort of reminds me of this -

61322_02_lg.jpg

Except I like the Barca one.

Well, the Barca one looks much worse.
Anyhoo, Bayern had this style of jerseys AT LEAST since the early 90s. "At least" because I won't bother to look it up whether they had already them in earlier decades.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yep... I'm a "real" fan of three clubs, and it's only the rare occasions where they might meet in European competition that there is ever any conflict - in which case I know what my choice is, as I'm sure most people who support multiple clubs in different leagues do. Otherwise, they are unrelated and each holds a piece of my heart. Calling someone out over this is just as ridiculous as someone saying a non-Catalan shouldn't be able to support Barca.

I always found the concept of being a "real fan" of more than a single club pretty odd and pretty American. No offense. Either you fully identify with and love something or someone, or you don't. Usually that feeling is pretty exclusive.
Ofc, there are some clubs I tend to enjoy watching, because they play attractively or have players I like for their skills. But that would never make me say "I'm a fan".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, the Barca one looks much worse.
Anyhoo, Bayern had this style of jerseys AT LEAST since the early 90s. "At least" because I won't bother to look it up whether they had already them in earlier decades.

Agreed ours looked worse, however the problem with Bayern's third kit is not so much with the jersey itself, rather it is that stupid red stripe that runs through the short and the socks, making it look really dumb.

XaviMessiGirl

I always found the concept of being a "real fan" of more than a single club pretty odd and pretty American. No offense. Either you fully identify with and love something or someone, or you don't. Usually that feeling is pretty exclusive.
Ofc, there are some clubs I tend to enjoy watching, because they play attractively or have players I like for their skills. But that would never make me say "I'm a fan".

Well, I think a lot of it is definitely a cultural thing. You being from Germany, a big footballing country, you probably became a Bayern supporter by growing up around it, right? And so you could never dream of really being a fan of another club. For those of us who are from countries where football isn't a popular sport (not necessarily only the US), we are probably going to view things differently. I like watching several different leagues and I have a team I support in each.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with people who disagree. My issue lies with those who don't take into account cultural differences and attack those who have a different feeling about football or club support. The only thing I personally find a little odd are those who claim to support two clubs who are supposed to be rivals - I've met people who claim to like both Barca and Madrid, for example - at that point I think a lot of the passion behind club support is lost. I'd never support two clubs from the same league either.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, I think a lot of it is definitely a cultural thing. You being from Germany, a big footballing country, you probably became a Bayern supporter by growing up around it, right?

My issue lies with those who don't take into account cultural differences and attack those who have a different feeling about football or club support.

Yes & as I said, it strikes me as somewhat American... ;)
They/you also have your high school and college teams, which are pretty huge in terms of support, depending on where you live. At the same time many also support teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB whatever. It's a different sports culture.

F

Flavia

Have Inter ever wore horizontal stripes?

Nike is doing the same to them next season:

B75FNDRCYAAPX6c.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good God. This pretty much confirms our new home kit design. Lazy Nike don't even care to do original, non-template design for us. :angry:

We will see our 2015 revenue further shrinking then, as the new home jersey will bomb.

F

Flavia

78961552-sport-football-pic-3rd-march-1998-uefa-cup-gettyimages.jpg

Both rumored kits are a joke. If it's official then one thing's for sure: Thohir staff sucks at designing a kit.

It's pretty much the same as Barça's next home jersey. Nike is probably out to end both club's traditional vertical stripes.

Home of Barca Fans