Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

I have always liked Rakitic but he is past his prime and our midfield is stacked so I don't mind him leaving. Dembele I have patiently defended him for years but but at this point I am fine with parting ways with him. Not Todibo though, a kid in my opinion has big potential to succeed.

Even if we didn't give up any players I wanted to keep, from a purely financial perspective I wouldn't want him to return because of Neymar's huge wages. Last but not least, you can never say "bar injuries" since there is a high probability of him getting injured/suffering from a relapse again and what do we need him for if he is injured? Completely useless.
Yeah, this is why i said "bar injuries". If not injured, you'll get great return. If he is injured, you get 0 return.

Then, you keep Rakitic, Todibo, Dembélé (well, it is a loan, so it is a bonus for Barça) and 120 M : you have almost no return for those injured or not. It is a win for Barça in my book.

BBZ8800

Is it possible that our medical team has not reviewed his case?
Vermaelen says hi, I know. But we are talking about a huge investment here, not a backup CB.

Neymar is apparently more than football for Barto.

I tried to think in the last few days about his weird obsession with Neymar.
Remember that Rosell and Barto bought him in 2013 and they cheated in 100s of possible ways just to get him, and paid insane amounts to his dad and random criminals.
Rosell ended in a jail.

Then Neymar has betrayed us, and he is a walking zombie with his injuries.
But Barto is willing to pay 600M (fee+wages) for him.

So, imo, there are only 2 reasons:
1. Barto is playing all in and trying to win a CL in these 2 years to win elections. Which probably won't happen (us winning a CL)
2. or, our marketing team probably made tons of analysis and figured out that Neymar is the 3rd most marketable player in the world behind Messi and CR7.
CR7 is 34 and Messi is 32, so, Neymar has a chance to grow even more on that list (regardless of his actual on field performances. He won only 1 CL in his career, as a part of MSN, and is the 3rd most marketable player. That says a lot how much onfield results matter today).

Then remember that the whole world is corrupted and that 90% of country's presidents and CEOs in big firms are criminals and that there is a corruption everywhere.
I have wrote during a World cup that for Nike=France had to win in a final from a financial point of view.
France has a 65M population.
Croatia has 4M population.
If 10% of fans from a winning country will buy a jersey of your home team, that means:
1. if France wins=6,5M people will pay 100 Euros for a French jersey=650M income for Nike
2. if Croatia wins=400 000 people will pay 100 Euros for a Croatian jersey=40M income for Nike

Now, since Nike, FIFA and referees are connected, do you think that they wanted to see France or Croatia as winners?
Because it was around 610M Euros difference in income.
Then, you just give a soft pen, some soft free kicks and voila...

Now, remember how Nike was paying a lot of money to fund our Coutinho's deal.
Then remember that Rosell worked for Nike or something like that iirc.
And Rosell was involved in Ronaldinho's transfer.

So, I don't think that this transfer is about Neymar's onfield abilities.
This is about marketing. Our lineup will be a walking commercial for Fifa, Pes, Nike and 10s of other rich sponsors.

Then, add to this how world has changed in the last 10-15 years with internet.
Today we have Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Smartphones, forums.
And every teen boy from Usa, Russia, Romania, Nigeria or China has all of these.

And in this world, who are football's biggest stars?
= those clowns who are most marketable and who have millions of Youtube views

Imo, this is a pure marketable movement (plus some minor footballing skills from Neymar).
We will get more fans on our matches again.
We will get better TV deals.
We will get better deals from Nike, Konami and everyone.

13 year old boys from Usa, Brasil and Sweden will play FIFA and PES with Barca, they will watch Neymar's youtube channels and Instagram and they will ask their dads to buy them new Neymar's jersey and pay TV rights for Barca's matches, since Barca has Messi and Neymar, plus Neymar has an awesome haircut and kids love that.

When you sum it all, Neymar doesn't have to play 50 matches per season.
For Barto and his marketing team, it will be enough if Neymar will play 15-20 matches here and there, show new Nike boots and haircuts, do a few tricks, get 3 Millions of new followers on Youtube and Instagram and we will earn a lot of money.

This is not about football.
We will be the biggest walking commercial or a circus in a world.
Mes que un club in a ironic way.
We will be a circus :clown:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, this is why i said "bar injuries". If not injured, you'll get great return. If he is injured, you get 0 return.

Then, you keep Rakitic, Todibo, Dembélé (well, it is a loan, so it is a bonus for Barça) and 120 M : you have almost no return for those injured or not. It is a win for Barça in my book.

I'd rather we keep those players and the 120m or whatever and sell Rakitic and Dembele next summer.

Donatello

I'd rather cover the part what Todibo costs (by increasing the cash) and remove him from the deal. I'm pretty sure he isn't valued more than 10-20M.

I'd rather pay 10-20M more, than going in the market and splashing double of that for an even more unproven talent.

Zica

Remember that Rosell and Barto bought him in 2013 and they cheated in 100s of possible ways just to get him, and paid insane amounts to his dad and random criminals.
Rosell ended in a jail.

1. Barto is playing all in and trying to win a CL in these 2 years to win elections. Which probably won't happen (us winning a CL)
2. or, our marketing team probably made tons of analysis and figured out that Neymar is the 3rd most marketable player in the world behind Messi and CR7.
CR7 is 34 and Messi is 32, so, Neymar has a chance to grow even more on that list.

Then remember that the whole world is corrupted and that 90% of country's presidents and CEOs in big firms are criminals and that there is a corruption everywhere.
I have wrote during a World cup that for Nike=France had to win in a final from a financial point of view.
If 10% of fans from a winning country will buy a jersey of your home team, that means:
1. if France wins=6,5M people will pay 100 Euros for a French jersey=650M income for Nike
2. if Croatia wins=400 000 people will pay 100 Euros for a Croatian jersey=40M income for Nike

Now, since Nike, FIFA and referees are connected, do you think that they wanted to see France or Croatia as winners?

This is about marketing. Our lineup will be a walking commercial for Fifa, Pes, Nike and 10s of other rich sponsors.

And every teen boy from Usa, Russia, Romania, Nigeria or China has all of these.

Imo, this is a pure marketable movement (plus some minor footballing skills from Neymar).
We will get more fans on games again.

13 year old boys from Usa, Brasil and Sweden will play FIFA and PES with Barca, they will watch Neymar's youtube channels and Instagram and they will ask their dads to buy them new Neymar's jersey and pay TV roghts for Barca's matches, since Barca has Messi and Neymar, plus Neymar has an awesome haircut and kids love that.

For Barto and his marketing team, it will be enough if Neymar will play 15-20 matches here and there, show new Nike boots and haircuts, do a few tricks, get 3 Millions of new followers on youtube and twitter and we will earn a lot of money.

Mes que un club in a ironic way :clown:

Rosell didn't go to jail because of the Neymar deal.

Stop lying.

xxxxxx

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Thomas Tuchel (PSG manager): "Neymar's situation has not changed since Toulouse." [via <a href="https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Jon_LeGossip</a>]</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1167105729494507522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, it's officially dead now.

Despite us saying it was closer, it was never actually close at all.

Newcomer

[tw]1167106009162235904[/tw]

Exactly what i was saying.

PSG is not putting any deadline and are ready to go up to the last second.

Deal will get done.

xxxxxx

Him staying at Paris is not bad for us. First big team PSG faces in the knockouts they are out from CL.

PSG are taking a big risk here. They know they're not getting anywhere close to 170m euros for him next year.... especially if he gets injured again.

serghei

PSG are actually smart. They are trying to make Barca's board to think they need to buy more than Paris need to sell. Which is false. Player doesn't want to play for PSG and they need to sell.

We on the other hand are well covered in attack. We've just signed one of the best forwards in the game a couple of months ago.

JohnN

Rosell ended in a jail.

CR7 is 34 and Messi is 32, so, Neymar has a chance to grow even more on that list.

We will get more fans on games again.

13 year old boys from Usa, Brasil and Sweden will play FIFA and PES with Barca, they will watch Neymar's youtube channels and Instagram and they will ask their dads to buy them new Neymar's jersey and pay TV roghts for Barca's matches, since Barca has Messi and Neymar, plus Neymar has an awesome haircut and kids love that.

For Barto and his marketing team, it will be enough if Neymar will play 15-20 matches here and there, show new Nike boots and haircuts, do a few tricks, get 3 Millions of new followers on youtube and twitter and we will earn a lot of money.

Mes que un club in a ironic way :clown:

I also believe this is a marketing move first and foremost.

Even so, two things don't seem to add up for me.
1. If Neymar's injury hasn't been reviewed and he ends up playing very few games, won't his marketing potential be diminished? After almost two years of being sidelined, he won't be able to keep his followers if he keeps getting injured all the time. We must have reviewed his injuries, even if this is marketing move.
2. If this is a well though marketing move, the argument about us going bankrupt because of the investment cannot stand. We can't give credit to the financial and marketing team of Barca for planning and executing this kind of moves, and then disregard their abilities and claim that they will drive the club to oblivion (financially wise).

Newcomer

[tw]1167106009162235904[/tw]

Exactly what i was saying.

PSG is not putting any deadline and are ready to go up to the last second.

Deal will get done.
This is really incredible.

They are saying they can go till the last second, which means they are ok to lose their best player without time to go take a replacement.

They have shown they have lost any ambition now. Bunch of clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans