Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard.H

I do not think our board is as smart or savvy as the board of other top European clubs. We are in a lot of debt. If Neymar gets injured, what value does he have to marketing or shirt sales?

xxxxxx

This is really incredible.

They are saying they can go till the last second, which means they are ok to lose their best player without time to go take a replacement.

They have shown they have lost any ambition now. Bunch of clowns.

Kinda happens when you can't get further than the quarter-finals after spending all that money.

Newcomer

PSG are actually smart. They are trying to make Barca's board to think they need to buy more than Paris need to sell. Which is false. Player doesn't want to play for PSG and they need to sell.

We on the other hand are well covered in attack. We've just signed one of the best forwards in the game a couple of months ago.

I don't understand how you can think PSG is smart here.

Season has started, CL draw is today and their best player in still on the market and they will most probably not have time to reinforce the team afterwards.

How is it being smart ? Think about it, Barça sells Messi (who has started to be injured last season in this fantasy world) few days before the end of the market (or the last day of the market) without replacement. Would you think Barça is being smart or irresponsible ?

Judoman

I do understand the concept of risk very well.

PSG took risk with players like Jesé and we are still paying him for doing reggaeton clips.

And for me, it is an huge risk for PSG to sell few days before the window your best player for what ?

Todibo ? Let's be serious, the guy has not even started his career and we have tons of CB.
Rakitic ? Yeah, he could be a solid addition but the guy is too old now and on a big salary and we are giving him a 4 years contract ? Big risk to have a 34/35 y.o. Rakitic on huge wages.
120 M you can hardly spend on TOP players because it is too late on the window.

This means PSG is already accepting to do a shit season. This is what that means.

Best player who brought you what? He earns 40 mil net, but he failed to play the most important games. So why do you need him? Do you need him to win the league? Did you make a step forward
in CL with him? Ffs why does everyone ignore the facts.

Maybe PSG can afford this luxury, but if he gets here for that much money and stays the same broken ass dude as he is now, we are done. Nobody is going to buy him after this and we ll be stuck with him and with 0 options for the future.
If he gets here, our financial construction is inflated to record levels. Selling Rakitic, Dembele and Cou will not fix this. Who will buy them for 100 mil/ player?

So, why should we take this risk? Can anyone show a factual evidence, that he is healed? Or that he will not repeat his dramas in a year, 2 years? There s just a hope mode present all around, while ignoring the facts.

BBZ8800

I also believe this is a marketing move first and foremost.

Even so, two things don't seem to add up for me.
1. If Neymar's injury hasn't been reviewed and he ends up playing very few games, won't his marketing potential be diminished? After almost two years of being sidelined, he won't be able to keep his followers if he keeps getting injured all the time. We must have reviewed his injuries, even if this is marketing move.
2. If this is a well though marketing move, the argument about us going bankrupt because of the investment cannot stand. We can't give credit to the financial and marketing team of Barca for planning and executing this kind of moves, and then disregard their abilities and claim that they will drive the club to oblivion (financially wise).

About 2, you are right. We will probably earn some money from Neymar and marketing.
About no1 where you ask whether his marketing potential will drop? Well only if he sustains a career ending injury right away.
If he will get "minor" injuries which will last for 2-3 Months, that is fine.

I mean, he was in Paris for the last 2 years:
1. won shit in a CL
2. hasn't played in CL KO matches at all
3. hasn't played for Brasil at Copa America, who won a title without him
4. before that, he played like a total shit for Barca in his last 18 Montns here, and we had 2 horrible CL exits (Atletico 2:0 and Juve 3:0).

So, basically he played like shit for the last 3 and half years. Hasn't won anything except Mickey Mouse French league.
And yet, majority of posters here still believe in him and say: he is arguably the 2nd best player in the world.

And now, guys who write here are usually guys MORE involved in football, who watch lots of matches every week.
Majority of fans here are not total newbs and rookies. Or 13 years old kids.

And now, since majority of people here are still naive and deluded about Neymar, his footballing skills and everything, imagine how long will a 13 year old boy from Usa, Brasil or China still have faith in Neymar, watch his Instagram account and play with him on FIFA/PES, even if he will be injured for 1-2-3 years.

People are slow and stupid.
He will be extremely marketable for at least 2-3 years even with 10s of injuries.

snowy

That's not the situation in this transfer is it. If anything your x might be coming back to you with a shit load of stds.

aha! so THAT's why they call it The Farmer's League (☆_・)・‥…━━━★ ;)

always wondered where that expression came from... :innocent:

LABarcaFan

OK. Finally, the deal was reached and is matter of hour to put the signatures from both sides. Even though, the concrete amount was not released yet, it is believed that Barca agreed to pay the asking price from PSG which was 153 mil pounds, plus Rakitic, plus Dembele ( on loan for 2 years ). That makes the total amount Barcelona agreed to pay = 313 mil pounds. Just to remind, PSG has pad the release clause of 193 mil pounds to get Neymar. WOW! 193 mil. v/s 313 mil.Something else came up today from AS. In two years with PSG, 730 days, Neymar has missed 435 days due to various injuries. In comparison, G.Bale has missed 410 days.I am sure, UEFA will penalize Barcelona now for violating the Financial Fair Play rules.Lets hope, he wont get injured before Christmas.

Newcomer

Best player who brought you what? He earns 40 mil net, but he failed to play the most important games. So why do you need him? Do you need him to win the league? Did you make a step forward
in CL with him? Ffs why does everyone ignore the facts.

Maybe PSG can afford this luxury, but if he gets here for that much money and stays the same broken ass dude as he is now, we are done. Nobody is going to buy him after this and we ll be stuck with him and with 0 options for the future.
If he gets here, our financial construction is inflated to record levels. Selling Rakitic, Dembele and Cou will not fix this. Who will buy them for 100 mil/ player?

So, why should we take this risk? Can anyone show a factual evidence, that he is healed? Or that he will not repeat his dramas in a year, 2 years? There s just a hope mode present all around, while ignoring the facts.
As a matter of fact, before Neymar arrival, PSG had indeed lost the league. Two years with Neymar and the league was won by the 6 months he had played for PSG. This year, PSG has already lost at Rennes.
Also, that argument is void because i could say that Mbappé didn't bring anything to PSG, so why not sell him too ?
Since the last CL win of Barça, your club has bought countless players who have not brought anything to your clubs by your logic. Why not sell all of them too ? Do you need them to win what you were already winning before them ?

Neymar has done his medical tests for his last injuries in Barcelona with professionals affiliated to Barça. I very much doubt they don't know his condition. Also the medicals are done for that and they can always refuse to complete the deal if they think the risk is too big.

JohnN

About 2, you are right. We will probably earn some money from Neymar and marketing.
About no1 where you ask whether his marketing potential will drop? Well only if he sustains a career ending injury right away.
If he will get "minor" injuries which will last for 2-3 Months, that is fine.

I mean, he was in Paris for the last 2 years:
1. won shit in a CL
2. hasn't played in CL KO matches at all
3. hasn't played for Brasil at Copa America, who won a title without him
4. before that, he played like a total shit for Barca in his last 18 Montns here, and we had 2 horrible CL exits (Atletico 2:0 and Juve 3:0).

So, basically he played like shit for the last 3 and half years. Hasn't won anything except Mickey Mouse French league.
And yet, majority of posters here still believe in him and say: he is arguably the 2nd best player in the world.

And now, guys who write here are usually guys MORE involved in football, who watch lots of matches every week.
Majority of fans here are not total newbs and rookies. Or 13 years old kids.

And now, since majority of people here are still naive and deluded about Neymar, his footballing skills and everything, imagine how long will a 13 year old boy from Usa, Brasil or China still have faith in Neymar, watch his Instagram account and play with him on FIFA/PES, even if he will be injured for 1-2-3 years.

People are slow and stupid.
He will be extremely marketable for at least 2-3 years even with 10s of injuries.

I'll be the last to blame people for hoping their favourite player performs. I was waiting for Ronaldinho to regain his form since he left us until he ended his career :lol:.

serghei

I don't understand how you can think PSG is smart here.

Season has started, CL draw is today and their best player in still on the market and they will most probably not have time to reinforce the team afterwards.

How is it being smart ? Think about it, Barça sells Messi (who has started to be injured last season in this fantasy world) few days before the end of the market (or the last day of the market) without replacement. Would you think Barça is being smart or irresponsible ?

By getting the most out of Barca that they can with the hand they've been dealt.

LABarcaFan

As a matter of fact, before Neymar arrival, PSG had indeed lost the league. Two years with Neymar and the league was won by the 6 months he had played for PSG. This year, PSG has already lost at Rennes.
Also, that argument is void because i could say that Mbappé didn't bring anything to PSG, so why not sell him too ?
Since the last CL win of Barça, your club has bought countless players who have not brought anything to your clubs by your logic. Why not sell all of them too ? Do you need them to win what you were already winning before them ?

Neymar has done his medical tests for his last injuries in Barcelona with professionals affiliated to Barça. I very much doubt they don't know his condition. Also the medicals are done for that and they can always refuse to complete the deal if they think the risk is too big.

One important thing to remind you here. The director of the Brazilian national team's medical staff performed detailed check ups on Neymar, just before Copa America and came to the conclusion that his injury is chronic and will happen again in the future. What Barca medical staff did, before signing the deal, I don't know, but I am 100 % sure, Neymar will suffer another injury, right after his arrival in Barcelona and will sit out for 1-2 months. To pay that much money for someone, who you won't be able to use the entire season is pure stupidity to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans