Neymar Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Dude you are all over the place, you are taking things out off context and you are making shit up. Saying Neymar took step down and that transfer to PSG wasn t an ambition based one somehow triggered you. I m done, believe what you want.

It s not so much controversial, it makes sense. Considering coaches and motivational level of key players.

No. What triggers me is you trying to sell an ambitious move is only going to a "sleeping giant" even if that club isn't even a CL club (Milan or Inter at the time), even if that club couldn't even realize the transfer (no money to pay the release clause or the salary). Which means you were talking about impossible options from the beginning. Basically, with the only "good choices" in your mind, Neymar couldn't have realistically left. Neymar had only one financially realistic and ambitious move at the time when he wanted to leave : PSG. Now that his ambition has not been fulfilled (if it was only about money, why would he want to leave ?), his only choice seems to be Barça.

Sorry but you won't find a lot of people agreeing with you that going to the current MU, or Milan is more ambitious than the current PSG.

Ofc, i'm agreeing going to PSG from Barça was a step down as i consider Real and Barça to be the pinnacle of football club in players mind. I think i have been clear about that when talking about their superior draw.

Hopefully you and Givenchy are right about PSG chances to win the CL but i'm not as optmistic as you are though. Being a PSG fan has always been a suffering path and it is also why we love it.

Judoman

No. What triggers me is you trying to sell an ambitious move is only going to a "sleeping giant" even if that club isn't even a CL club (Milan or Inter at the time), even if that club couldn't even realize the transfer (no money to pay the release clause or the salary). Which means you were talking about impossible options from the beginning. Basically, with the only "good choices" in your mind, Neymar couldn't have realistically left. Neymar had only one financially realistic and ambitious move at the time when he wanted to leave : PSG. Now that his ambition has not been fulfilled (if it was only about money, why would he want to leave ?), his only choice seems to be Barça.

Sorry but you won't find a lot of people agreeing with you that going to the current MU, or Milan is more ambitious than the current PSG.

Ofc, i'm agreeing going to PSG from Barça was a step down as i consider Real and Barça to be the pinnacle of football club in players mind. I think i have been clear about that when talking about their superior draw.

Hopefully you and Givenchy are right about PSG chances to win the CL but i'm not as optmistic as you are though. Being a PSG fan has always been a suffering path and it is also why we love it.

Those were examples, that s all. Because you got triggered, you translated those into "only options". But yes, i don t think and ever will, that PSG move was a ambition based. I tried to explain why not. He extended his contract a year before and if
his ambition was to leave and be the main guy elsewhere, he could have waited his contract out and go into tougher league with more pressure. PSG s only ambition is to win the CL. MU or Milan or Inter or [insert example] first have to win the domestic league, before they get to the winning CL. It is harder, it is more ambitious. Winning CL and PL with City would also be more ambitious. Perhaps this word has a different meaning in France, i don t know. You don t seem to get it.

Newcomer

Those were examples, that s all. Because you got triggered, you translated those into "only options". But yes, i don t think and ever will, that PSG move was a ambition based. I tried to explain why not. He extended his contract a year before and if
his ambition was to leave and be the main guy elsewhere, he could have waited his contract out and go into tougher league with more pressure. PSG s only ambition is to win the CL. MU or Milan or Inter or [insert example] first have to win the domestic league, before they get to the winning CL. It is harder, it is more ambitious. Winning CL and PL with City would also be more ambitious. Perhaps this word has a different meaning in France, i don t know. You don t seem to get it.

Those were bad examples cuz they were actually NO options. Milan just got kicked form Europa League because they overspent while paying for players like Rodriguez, Kessié and co. And you dare insert their name in a Neymar thread ? Maybe you are too much into past days or the "historical clubs" but Milan can't buy shit nowadays and they can't compete for shit. They will eventually come back like Liverpool perhaps but Neymar will be retired at this point.
With your definition of ambition, why not ask why Mbappé didn't leave for Marseille instead of PSG ? Since Mbappé wanted to leave a legacy in France before leaving, why not just go to the only french club who has won the CL ? Simply because OM can't afford him financially and can't fulfill his ambition.
Now that it has been settled, i hope you can understand that your Milan clubs can't even be into the debate because they were NO options. About MU, they are filthy rich but they prefer spend 90 M on Maguire that on really top class players... MU is still a big club and very rich but mismanaged.

I think you are the one having a different conception of the word "ambition". You are ignoring the fact that when you look at the top 5 leagues, PSG, Juventus and Bayern are heavy favourites for the title. Simply because they are a lot richer that their domestic rivals and the FFP is preventing those rival clubs to invest (Roma had to sell both Salah and Alisson Becker to Liverpool for FFP reason). In fact, PSG has won less titles in recent years than Juventus and Bayern. And i'm sure you will label a player going to Juventus or Bayern as unambitious. Or does a player have to go to Dortmund or Moenchengladbach or Schalke 04 to be ambitious if he goes to Germany ? No. Because, top players want to be paid as top players and to shine in CL. Period.

The point in the debate is not going into fantasy transfers as you are doing. I'm talking real stuff, real possible transfers (unlike your Milan bs). Now, tell me which club could have realistically buy Neymar, pay his salary at this time and was in CL ? I think you only get Real Madrid, PSG, City, MU. That's it. Of all those clubs, only one triggered the release clause : PSG.
City could have but their strategy is to buy a lot of very good players in the 50 M+ range to be as stacked as possible.
Real Madrid was maybe not an option for Neymar as he was at Barça at the time.
If i were MU, i would have bought Neymar. They bought Pogba the year before. He would have fit in their marketing approach and would have raised drastically their level on the field. On top of that, he would have had a whole better reputation than now. Zlatan had conquered the anglo-saxon world with a very short stint at MU. I can't imagine how much joy they would have with a player of the quality of Neymar. However, i'm not entirely sure Neymar would have liked the Mancunian weather and city. Maybe it was a deal breaker.

Judoman

Again you are all over the place, so you win dude. Neymar is one hell of a ambitious mf. That s why he went to a weaker club and weaker league for absurd amount of money. Ambition. That s why he is so professional he has yet to finish a season. Ambition. That s why he choose a "harder" route to BDO. Ambition.

I think you are the one having a different conception of the word "ambition".

Nah, i don t think i do.

Newcomer

Again you are all over the place, so you win dude. Neymar is one hell of a ambitious mf. That s why he went to a weaker club and weaker league for absurd amount of money. Ambition. That s why he is so professional he has yet to finish a season. Ambition. That s why he choose a "harder" route to BDO. Ambition.

Nah, i don t think i do.

Thank you for aknowledging your loss.

It wasn't too hard when your ambitious clubs were Europa League contenders (with no money) anyway.

Givenchy

sure lets throw 170mil+ more at another galactico for Valverde to trash

Dembele 120mil
Coutinho 140mil
Griezmann 120mil

its like giving someone whos just learned how to drive a Formula 1 car and when he crashes it? buy him another one

Donatello

sure lets throw 170mil+ more at another galactico for Valverde to trash

Dembele 120mil
Coutinho 140mil
Griezmann 120mil

its like giving someone whos just learned how to drive a Formula 1 car and when he crashes it? buy him another one

Even bigger catch is that this car will cost the most and isn't even reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans