Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

estranged

A nerve? No, I just reacted to a pointless post. As I wrote before he is well aware of him not being able to pull that stuff in Europe. And he does not NEED to do that at all to beat his opponent. He did pretty fine against USA and Scotland I would say. You hardly fine more physical teams around.

And again, even though you think that the trick was a stupidity, you can't deny the technical class of it.

It wasn't a pointless post it was my opinion :p some might say some fanboy posting youtube videos all over the place in order to convince everyone neymar is class is a pathetic post.
I still stand by my original post, not many people were talking about him a month ago prior to the scotland game, but he scores a mediocre goal and a penalty against Scotland and suddenly he's the next best thing. Even Messi wasn't getting this much attention after the Chelsea game in 2006.
I dont watch the Brasilian serie A but I have seen a few videos and all I can see now is another Robinho in the making, great skill quick feet but it takes a lot more than technique to cut it in professional football and neymar is yet to prove anything. I'm still not convinced.
Also I wasn't saying Physical opponents won't let him display his technique, my point was that in europe they won't give him as much space and time on the ball as they do in Brazil and I'm yet to see him do anything against a formidable opponent. You mentioned friendly matches against USA and Scotland and I think we can all agree here that those aren't really stern tests.

But yea Neymar aside please learn to respect people's opinions like a human being and don't call something you don't agree with Bullshit.:beer2:

iookram

It wasn't a pointless post it was my opinion :p some might say some fanboy posting youtube videos all over the place in order to convince everyone neymar is class is a pathetic post.
I still stand by my original post, not many people were talking about him a month ago prior to the scotland game, but he scores a mediocre goal and a penalty against Scotland and suddenly he's the next best thing. Even Messi wasn't getting this much attention after the Chelsea game in 2006.
I dont watch the Brasilian serie A but I have seen a few videos and all I can see now is another Robinho in the making, great skill quick feet but it takes a lot more than technique to cut it in professional football and neymar is yet to prove anything. I'm still not convinced.
Also I wasn't saying Physical opponents won't let him display his technique, my point was that in europe they won't give him as much space and time on the ball as they do in Brazil and I'm yet to see him do anything against a formidable opponent. You mentioned friendly matches against USA and Scotland and I think we can all agree here that those aren't really stern tests.

But yea Neymar aside please learn to respect people's opinions like a human being and don't call something you don't agree with Bullshit.:beer2:

Sorry I don't mean to get involved in anything here but I didn't post that video because I'm a Neymar fanboy. I'm neutral regarding Neymar. I just thought that what Neymar did was amusing(though not to the defender).

Co0ter

I don't think any team realistically is going to pay the 36-45 million Santos supposedly wants. Santos knows they have a gem, they are obviously going to talk up the price to get an inflated bid.

As soon as Neymar publically says that he wants to leave, and he eventually will, it's going to shave 10 million off whatever the current asking price is alone.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
You may see Chelsea paying silly money for him in the summer if Roman starts splashing the cash again. Awesome goal he scored, brilliant quick feet. Ridiculous ref though, where do they find these people?

F

Flavia

He just celebrated his awesome goal with a mask that was laying at the pitch. What's so wrong with that? I think it was a stupid decision from the ref for giving him a yellow card. It's natural that Neymar got upset.

What's wrong with his tricks? He got away from the defender by using that trick, isn't that the point of dribbling? We all loved Ronaldinho and his dribbling even though sometimes it was just for showing off.

A lot of our players aren't as humble as it looks on the first glimpse. Some of you think that every player who shows confidence by doing tricks is exactly like C. Ronaldo.

And we need a sub in attack. Bojan and Jeffren aren't even close to MVP and every injury in the attack is effecting us in a big way. Also, Villa isn't that young anyway, in a few years we'll need a replacement for him. If Neymar can adapt to Barca system and mentality he is the best possible singing for us. Nobody knows what will happen with Deulofeu, even if he becomes a world class player he is still too young to be in the A team for a few years.

That's because haters gonna hate. Neymar may have got some of this hate on him, but sometimes there's no point arguing here.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

You are one of those who hold Europe with such high regard and want to sound all intelligent and what not by saying Neymar should prove himself and by saying those tricks don't impress you. Bringing Robinho into this discussion to give your opinion some worth completely forgetting that by the same logic as yours, there were players who people went nuts over in Brazil and when they moved to Europe they excelled. Not to mention that your example of Robinho is actually poor because Robinho won La Liga twice and has been doing well for Brazil, only one terrible career move tainted his reputation but he is on the verge of winning Serie A.

Asking people to respect your post while referring to someone else as a fanboy is not quite smart, is it? So what if the other poster was a fanboy anyways? Neymar can only beat what is in front of him, which he has. To deny him his ability, to down play his opponent and predict the future is kind of silly. Space? I see achres of space in La Liga, Bundes Liga and in EPL.

The kid is talented, the kid is a G, is a baller and he has all the ingredients of being a wonder kid except he is two components away from being the top dog, an excellent coach and a good career move. Simple.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
You are one of those who hold Europe with such high regard and want to sound all intelligent and what not by saying Neymar should prove himself and by saying those tricks don't impress you. Bringing Robinho into this discussion to give your opinion some worth completely forgetting that by the same logic as yours, there were players who people went nuts over in Brazil and when they moved to Europe they excelled. Not to mention that your example of Robinho is actually poor because Robinho won La Liga twice and has been doing well for Brazil, only one terrible career move tainted his reputation but he is on the verge of winning Serie A.

Asking people to respect your post while referring to someone else as a fanboy is not quite smart, is it? So what if the other poster was a fanboy anyways? Neymar can only beat what is in front of him, which he has. To deny him his ability, to down play his opponent and predict the future is kind of silly. Space? I see achres of space in La Liga, Bundes Liga and in EPL.

The kid is talented, the kid is a G, is a baller and he has all the ingredients of being a wonder kid except he is two components away from being the top dog, an excellent coach and a good career move. Simple.

Well said, truly well said...

People need to actually start watching him play rather than watching youtube videos before they comment on him....

DucdeOrléans

+

Thank you Raed!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

And attitude too... but may be with a good coach his attitude would automatically be checked

E

estranged

Intelligent? I'm trying to make myself seem intelligent by saying this doesn't impress me? :whistle2: Using your technique to get past a defender is one thing but showing off with a pointless move like that to impress every tom dick and harry is something else. And yes, I do hold a higher regard for the European leagues than the brazilian one.
Robinho? Yea, I said all I see is another Robinho in the making, who ever said Robinho was bad or crap? But he never quite lived up to what was expected of him, yea he won 2 la liga but he barely used to even play in real's starting xi he barely got any playing time. Both Capello and Shuster preferred van nistelrooy and raul to him. What's your point about about him winning 2 ligas? He hardly contributed to any of those and lets face it one of those 2 was handed to real on a plate by us and what exactly has Robinho won with Brazil??? Robinho had immense talent but never lived up to his full potential. I never said Neymar or Robinho were bad, i already said both are great footballers I merely said that I can't understand the sudden hype regarding Neymar all of a sudden. There's been lots of potentially great brazilian kids popping up like Neymar in the past i.e. Adriano and the aforementioned Robinho but in both cases the hype got the better of those 2, lets see if Neymar can be an exception to that.
Anyways that's the end of me in this thread, didn't know calling Neymar overrated warrants a lynching around here :rolleyes:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Intelligent? I'm trying to make myself seem intelligent by saying this doesn't impress me? :whistle2: Using your technique to get past a defender is one thing but showing off with a pointless move like that to impress every tom dick and harry is something else. And yes, I do hold a higher regard for the European leagues than the brazilian one.
Robinho? Yea, I said all I see is another Robinho in the making, who ever said Robinho was bad or crap? But he never quite lived up to what was expected of him, yea he won 2 la liga but he barely used to even play in real's starting xi he barely got any playing time. Both Capello and Shuster preferred van nistelrooy and raul to him. What's your point about about him winning 2 ligas? He hardly contributed to any of those and lets face it one of those 2 was handed to real on a plate by us and what exactly has Robinho won with Brazil??? Robinho had immense talent but never lived up to his full potential. I never said Neymar or Robinho were bad, i already said both are great footballers I merely said that I can't understand the sudden hype regarding Neymar all of a sudden. There's been lots of potentially great brazilian kids popping up like Neymar in the past i.e. Adriano and the aforementioned Robinho but in both cases the hype got the better of those 2, lets see if Neymar can be an exception to that.
Anyways that's the end of me in this thread, didn't know calling Neymar overrated warrants a lynching around here :rolleyes:

Calling another poster a fanboy is what warranted 'lynching'.

For your information, Robinho played a very important role in winning those two league titles. He was a regular starter. He only lost his position to Robben when he got injured under Schuster and couldn't deal with that.

E

estranged

Calling another poster a fanboy is what warranted 'lynching'.
um, that poster said my opinion is bullshit which resulted in the fanboy response :)

For your information, Robinho played a very important role in winning those two league titles. He was a regular starter. He only lost his position to Robben when he got injured under Schuster and couldn't deal with that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Yea, I remember capello starting Robinho the year before :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans