Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

:lol:

who says he's a bad apple in the dressing room? do you hear stories of fighting with teammates?

only story I know of is a 16 year old boy falling out with his manager and publicly stating it's either the manager or me. and Santos chose him. That was 4 years ago and he's matured since then, has a child now and there have been no stories since then of dressing room trouble.

Barca should sign him while they have the chance and not fart about wasting time and let the next Football Great slip through their grasp.
That was 2 years ago, not 4. Not even 2 years yet, it happened on september 2010.

Robbie

The next football great will come from nowhere. Zidane didn't become world class until 23 years of age. In fact, your own club -- Newcastle, rejected Zidane when he wanted to join you in 1996. Turned him down for 1.2mil because he "wasn't good enough" :lol:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I watch Libertadores on the regular, and highlights of Brazilian league.

Fair enough, just wondering where you got such extreme opinions. Guaranteeing anything is to me a stretch, talent doesn't always mean success.

The next football great will come from nowhere. Zidane didn't become world class until 23 years of age. In fact, your own club -- Newcastle, rejected Zidane when he wanted to join you in 1996. Turned him down for 1.2mil because he "wasn't good enough" :lol:

Well it's possible that someone who has been basically marketed as the next big thing since they were a child like Neymar could actually live up to it, but development isn't linear and I think more often than not the players who come out of nowhere are better off. It's the same reason I mock Barca fans who already write prospects in to be guaranteed starters, when most of the best success stories in recent years came out of nowhere (Busquets, Pedro) or became different players than most expected them to be (Messi).

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That was 2 years ago, not 4. Not even 2 years yet, it happened on september 2010.
imager.php

Robbie

The title "world class" has to be earned. It can't be given to you from the media, or idiots like Pele. So many have failed to live up to hype. I remember seeing how many goals Bojan was scoring for Barca B and thinking he would be as good as Eto'o. Don't even get me started on failures like Quaresma.

F

Flavia

my bad, so it was. anway what stories have their been since then about him being a bad apple in the dressing room?
None, I don't think he is. He is much like Dani Alves, if anything. But he loves to party. Lately, everytime santos win something, there's a big neymar party, and lots of media coverage.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
None, I don't think he is. He is much like Dani Alves, if anything. But he loves to party. Lately, everytime santos win something, there's a big neymar party, and lots of media coverage.

The big difference between the two is Alves basically came out of nowhere, he was an afterthought of a prospect in Brazil and it took a mixture of hard work and the golden age of Sevilla's development system to make it where he is. Alves has lost focus of that a bit lately but his humble origins means he had to learn to take football seriously.

Neymar is treated like a rock star. It might not be his fault but it has got to have a major effect on him, he's never had to grow up unless you count knocking some girl up at 18 and not running away from it.

F

Flavia

He showed some signings of maturity is some aspects of his life, but not in others. His partying lifestyle is somewhat worrying, if he's to come to Barça.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
He showed some signings of maturity is some aspects of his life, but not in others. His partying lifestyle is somewhat worrying, if he's to come to Barça.
I wouldn't mind the partying if he realizes he has to play second fiddle to Messi and yet agrees to join.

Doobs

The Messiah
my bad, so it was. anway what stories have their been since then about him being a bad apple in the dressing room?

I think nothing much has happened with him in the dressing room recently because the players and the team have adapted and accepted his attitude... If something happens the person that goes against him will get ostracized by the team and the media.

If he does join us and Pep isnt back by then, then expect trouble. Then again Pep would never have this guy..

Hatem Ben Arfa

I wouldn't mind the partying if he realizes he has to play second fiddle to Messi and yet agrees to join.

what does play second fiddle to Messi mean though?

don't dare to score more goals than him or else what? (not much risk of anyone managing that though)

be submissive and always pass to him otherwise he will start shouting at you redfaced waving his arms a la Cuenca & Tello?

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
what does play second fiddle to Messi mean though?

don't dare to score more goals than him or else what? (not much risk of anyone managing that though)

be submissive and always pass to him otherwise he will start shouting at you redfaced waving his arms a la Cuenca & Tello?
When Messi does better than him which will happen not to try and put individual rivalry ahead of team performance,when Messi scores more goals not to try and score more than Messi but play for the team .I doubt he'll be happy even to be recognized as the second best player in Barca,leave aside Iniesta and Xavi who are also better than him.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

When Messi does better than him which will happen not to try and put individual rivalry ahead of team performance,when Messi scores more goals not to try and score more than Messi but play for the team .I doubt he'll be happy even to be recognized as the second best player in Barca.

oh come on. Wanting to score as many goals as you can shouldn't always be seen as individual rivalry though?

I don't think Neymar will deliberately not pass to Messi in order to finish top scorer and jeapordize our chances of silverware.

Besides healthy competition between eachother will spur them both to do better. It is the same with every team when a new striker comes in, the ones already there try to up their game even more and score even more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans