Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
oh come on. Wanting to score as many goals as you can shouldn't always be seen as individual rivalry though?

I don't think Neymar will deliberately not pass to Messi in order to finish top scorer and jeapordize our chances of silverware.

Besides healthy competition between eachother will spur them both to do better. It is the same with every team when a new striker comes in, the ones already there try to up their game even more and score even more goals.
Whatever it is a huge gamble paying 60m for a 19 year old who hasn't played in Europe,there is no need to argue anyway cause i don't see us signing him in the near future.

Kerrybai

what does play second fiddle to Messi mean though?

don't dare to score more goals than him or else what? (not much risk of anyone managing that though)

be submissive and always pass to him otherwise he will start shouting at you redfaced waving his arms a la Cuenca & Tello?

Name me a player that has never shown frustration on the pitch? Messi is older than both Cuenca and Tello. Players like them need guidance. Goalkeepers shout at young defenders all the time.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Name me a player that has never shown frustration on the pitch? Messi is older than both Cuenca and Tello. Players like them need guidance. Goalkeepers shout at young defenders all the time.

I never said no other player has ever shown frustration on the pitch.

If someone is doing something wrng on the pitch and you are frustrated, there are certainly better and more assertive ways of letting them know about it.

Personally I would like to see what would happen if he did the same to David Villa because I'm sure Villa wouldn't take that from anyone without giving some of it back given his feisty character. I remember the sky pitchside commentators noting they were exchanging some stern words and looks in that Copa del Rey classico at half time. If Messi snapped at Villa like he did Cuenca and Tello recently, I'm sure he would not be submissive like the two youngsters.

anyway I'm sure Messi will be happy to share the goalscoring duties given how no one else has really stepped up when needed other than him. Neymar will be a great partner for him, especially for those quick one-two's on the edge of the box and link up.

Kerrybai

I never said no other player has ever shown frustration on the pitch.

If someone is doing something wrng on the pitch and you are frustrated, there are certainly better and more assertive ways of letting them know about it.

Personally I would like to see what would happen if he did the same to David Villa because I'm sure Villa wouldn't take that from anyone without giving some of it back given his feisty character. I remember the sky pitchside commentators noting they were exchanging some stern words and looks in that Copa del Rey classico at half time. If Messi snapped at Villa like he did Cuenca and Tello recently, I'm sure he would not be submissive like the two youngsters.

anyway I'm sure Messi will be happy to share the goalscoring duties given how no one else has really stepped up when needed other than him. Neymar will be a great partner for him, especially for those quick one-two's on the edge of the box and link up.

Of course they didnt react. They are 20 years old and new to the team. They need guidance, it would not be normal for them to react. What you are doing is making a fuss out of something completely normal in football.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Of course they didnt react. They are 20 years old and new to the team. They need guidance, it would not be normal for them to react. What you are doing is making a fuss out of something completely normal in football.

i'm not making a fuss. you asked me a question and I answered.

they didn't react because they are making their first steps in the team and probably lack the confidence to.

B

barcelonista

that's not how got his point across to Cuenca and Tello though is it.

Of course not. Tello received his bollocking in the San Siro. Villa received his one in the Mestalla. Infront of his former home crowd. And he actually received some double bollocking with Alves additionaly screaming at him as well. Poor Villa. Before that game he had scored in 3 consecutive games. After that game he didn't score for 7 consecutive games. Coincidence? I think not.

Always wondered how you didn't start a conspiracy about Messi-Villa not liking each other after that tbf. Oh, wait, you did. :worthy:

SeloBarca

Well i can agree some with HBA, i also saw that one against Tello. Messi were in an aweful position and still demanded of Tello to pass him. There is times when you need to direct and when you shouldnt, the one against Tello wasent needed, the one against Villa was fine.

People, you have to start realize Messi also can do wrong and you can give him critics. People have pretty much been banned from the forum doing it, which is quite pathethic, do we live in North Korea or what?

Maria

Neymar should come to Barca. We need a guy with a bit of arrogance. I am sick of seeing guys like Alexis, Pedro, Villa being so deferential to Messi. Yes, Messi is the best in the world but that doesnt mean you look for him all the time. When Eto went we missed that guy who had the arrogance and confidence to fucking stick the ball in the back of the net.

It must be true that we only remember what we want to remember..especially in Eto'o's case, who everybody seems to think now that he had an amazing eficiency in front of the net and he didn't. In the second part of the 2008/2009 season he was almost like Villa last year because of his quest for the Pichichi..

I doubt Neymar would want to play second fiddle to Messi. When he finds his feet he will go for goal not look for Messi a'la Cesc, Villa, Pedro, Alexis.................

This is not about playing second fiddle to Messi..this is about accepting that he's a part of the team and that Messi is the leader. The only problem is that if Neymar lives up to the hype, it won't be like having Messi and Eto'o in the same team..it will be like Cristiano and Messi play for Barcelona. It could pay off and make us the best team in the world or it could fail miserably because this time they won't compete with each with the help of their teams, but ignoring their team.

Well i can agree some with HBA, i also saw that one against Tello. Messi were in an aweful position and still demanded of Tello to pass him. There is times when you need to direct and when you shouldnt, the one against Tello wasent needed, the one against Villa was fine.

He demanded Tello to pass to Pedro, not to him..you have to understand that this Messi is not the same from 4 years ago. He is acting more and more like a captain on the pitch, which is fine because everyone demanded this from him(especially with Argentina). But when he started doing it, you can't go and say that he does it because he is selfish.

People, you have to start realize Messi also can do wrong and you can give him critics. People have pretty much been banned from the forum doing it, which is quite pathethic, do we live in North Korea or what?

People have been banned for inventing conspiracy theories, not because they criticized Messi. And if you think that only Messi will be a problem when Neymar arrives at Barca, then I remind you that he's not the one with a hype machine next to him which tells him everyday that he's the second if not the best player in the world, although he's not.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

It's true.

Chainsaw

Killahead
New conspiracy theory unleashed: Why Messi was pissed at Tello for ignorantly trying to shoot on goal from 0.34234° angle rather than finding a better solution, perhaps seeing his other team mates???!!! How selfish of him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans