Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

New conspiracy theory unleashed: Why Messi was pissed at Tello for ignorantly trying to shoot on goal from 0.34234° angle rather than finding a better solution, perhaps seeing his other team mates???!!! How selfish of him!!

:lol:

No one ever suggested a conspiracy. Just that it was not the correct way to go about letting a youngster know they made a mistake. That is all I have to say on that matter. Try and belittle it all you want and twist it into me claiming some imagined conspiracy OR you can read exactly what I said and take the meaning at face value.

As for Neymar, there is a reaason for all the hype:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

No one ever suggested a conspiracy. Just that it was not the correct way to go about letting a youngster know they made a mistake. That is all I have to say on that matter. Try and belittle it all you want and twist it into me claiming some imagined conspiracy OR you can read exactly what I said and take the meaning at face value.

As for Neymar, there is a reaason for all the hype:

Based on youtube and the media we cannot judge a player, Anderson was said to be the next Ronaldinho by the media showing videos of him to prove it and is he even close?

Maria

The longest Eto'o went without scoring a goal was 4 games in 08/09 season. Villa's was double figures, so you are mistaken on that one.
It must be true that we only remember what we want to remember..especially in Eto'o's case, who everybody seems to think now that he had an amazing efficiency in front of the net and he didn't. In the second part of the 2008/2009 season he was almost like Villa last year because of his quest for the Pichichi..

efficiency = goals scored/number of shots taken

*he was almost like Villa in the sense that he was frustrating the hell out of me.
*if I'm not mistaken, Eto'o used to share the penalties with Messi so it would have been almost impossible for him to reach more then 10 games without scoring

Hatem Ben Arfa

Based on youtube and the media we cannot judge a player, Anderson was said to be the next Ronaldinho by the media showing videos of him to prove it and is he even close?

You are right.

Watch him play a full match or three. you will see why all the hype is there.

The Copa Libertadores is on Friday, Santos vs Velez. Interesting to see if Santos can turn around the 1-0 deficit at home. I'm sure Neymar will stand out enough for you.

Chainsaw

Killahead

No one ever suggested a conspiracy. Just that it was not the correct way to go about letting a youngster know they made a mistake. That is all I have to say on that matter.

What the heck are you on about? Not only Tello's decision there was selfish but also very stupid! You are not playing some meaningless random matches that you are already 3-0 ahead or something. It was a CL KO match where the game was 0-0 at the time. My reaction was actually worse than Messi when Tello did that. It's just so naive when you go for the goal like that instead of trying to make a wiser decision which at the end favors your own team. It's all part of the heat of the moment. You were not watching football since 2 years ago were ya?? It happens all the time on the pitch. Messi's reaction to me looked way normal I donno what there is to even talk about that! I actually shouted TELLOOO angrily when he wasted that opportunity like that, before I even see Messi's reaction. Messi is not the cute little kitty of the team anymore. He's the captain of his NT and the MVP in Barcelona now. He's actually has to be among the ones in the team that demand his team mates not to be that wasteful in such moments. It's not disrespecting, selfishness or anything like that. It's for the good of the team. I donno why am I even trying to explain such simple things to you. It's all very part of the football game ffs!

Hatem Ben Arfa

efficiency = goals scored/number of shots taken

*he was almost like Villa in the sense that he was frustrating the hell out of me.
*if I'm not mistaken, Eto'o used to share the penalties with Messi so it would have been almost impossible for him to reach more then 10 games without scoring

frustrating you and yet he scored 36 goals that season. *edit

They shared penatlies yet Eto'o only scored 2 that season

Last edited:

Robbie

The BR league is weak. How he does against terrible defenses doesn't prove anything. Suarez was breaking records in Holland, and nobody was comparing him to Messi.

Admit it, you're caught up in the media hype. You're buying into what Pele and the BR media are telling you. They can't handle the fact that the BPITW is Argentine, so they created one. Him doing 50+ stepovers against weaksauce defenders won't convince me. Put him up against anyone who knows what they're doing and he falls flat.

PROOF: Neymar finally plays against decent defenders in a friendly against Holland. What does he do when he finds out that they actually defend? Dives like he's trying to get on the Olympic swim team

Hatem Ben Arfa

The BR league is weak. How he does against terrible defenses doesn't prove anything. Suarez was breaking records in Holland, and nobody was comparing him to Messi.

Admit it, you're caught up in the media hype. You're buying into what Pele and the BR media are telling you. They can't handle the fact that the BPITW is Argentine, so they created one. Him doing 50+ stepovers against weaksauce defenders won't convince me. Put him up against anyone who knows what they're doing and he falls flat.

PROOF: Neymar finally plays against decent defenders in a friendly against Holland. What does he do when he finds out that they actually defend? Dives like he's trying to get on the Olympic swim team

quite dismissive and ethnocentric of you but...

yeah defending is so weak and TERRIBLE in the BR league that you see players scoring goals like he did vs Internacional(2x Copa Libertadores Champions, 2006, 2010) every week/season.........oh wait..........

also in Copa Libertadores, they can't defend there either because defending is TERRIBLE in South America :lol:

as for his skills, his skills are effective since they actually take him past defenders unlike Penaltiano.

yes he's dived before, no Arsenal player has ever done that before to gain an advantage.

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion. I will remind you of it when comes to Europe.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Lets see how he does against chelsea and other teams that park the bus.

So if he comes to Europe and doesn't do well against teams that Park the Bus does that mean he's a failure in Europe?

why Chelsea? because Messi has never scored a goal against Chelsea in his career?

Chelsea park the bus but they haven't defended like Champions like Inter did. They haven't actually defended well this season at all. Chelsea's so callled great defening was dumb luck and perhaps GOD if you look at the number of shots they had against them in each game on their run to the final compared to the number of shots they had on their opponents goal.

Anway against teams that Park the Bus, there is not too much you can do indvidually. It is up to your teammates to work as a team and help eachother find solutions.

Vs Chelsea it was clear overlapping runs from Fullbacks to help out the winger should have been made to exploit the fact that Chelsea's fullbacks were playing as 3rd and 4th Center Halfs almost. Don't know how both Pep and Tito failed to see it and do anything about it.

Doobs

The Messiah
Just reiterating the point made not too long ago, remember the CWC final that we played against Santos? How many touches of the ball did he have? 2? :lol:
and even when he got the ball, what did he do with it? One fancy step-over and pass to a team mate past Puyol?

When he comes to Europe, the Brazilian media as well as the fan boys here will look stupid.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Just reiterating the point made not too long ago, remember the CWC final that we played against Santos? How many touches of the ball did he have? 2? :lol:
and even when he got the ball, what did he do with it? One fancy step-over and pass to a team mate past Puyol?

When he comes to Europe, the Brazilian media as well as the fan boys here will look stupid.

The best I remember of Neymar against Barca was that he missed a header and another one-on-one.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
so much hating on Neymar.

ridiculous.

understandable though given the main person defending him is so batshit fucking insane that in order to balance him out y'all have to denigrate the shit out of the kid.

the Brazilian League isn't weak, neither is the Libertadores, both competitions where he excels. yes the Campeonata Paulista is ridiculously weak, but he's not just performing there and then flopping in the two big boys is he? anyone who can take a Peñarol ass-kicking over 180 minutes and still play brilliantly & score a killer goal has to have something about him.

he's a boss, and would no doubt prove that in Europe after an adaptation period.

the only concerns to have over Neymar are 1. price and 2. would he force Villa out?

yes the Brazilian media would create a ruckus about him vs. Messi, but they're going to do that anyway once he moves to Europe. we may as well have Neymar on our side. and besides all that, he's a self-declared Messi fan, so I don't think we'll have any problems from him on that front (and unlike Zlatan, he likes to play wide, so he won't even want to get in Messi's way like the big fella did).

Doobs

The Messiah
I think that when he says he's a Messi fan, he's just doing that to get a ticket into the team.

The kid knows he's good, he knows he's the biggest talent in Brazil right now and he knows the hype that surrounds him... If he does eventually come here he'll be DESPERATE to prove his worth. With every performance that Messi eclipses him in, the more selfish he'd become and that would hurt the team. Its a known fact that he has problems with coaches..

He would completely destabilize the team, and for what? So we could have another dude doing step overs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans