Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
It could work and if it does imagine what a partnership Messi and Neymar will have but if he doesn't perform the loss is also going to be huge.

Armando929

I think all these stories of possibly signing Neymar are really just stories.

For starters, I think the earliest he'll leave Santos is the summer of 2014 AFTER the World Cup. And its on that stage where all eyes will be on him to perform like never before.

Then there is the price... 60 million???.... I don't see us paying that kind of money for him.

Plus, if by some chance we were to meet that offer, you know the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, and City will offer more.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
but he still delivered against Peñarol, as well as delivering against pretty much every other good defence Santos come across.

could he have dealt with Quito in '08 or Estudiantes in '09? we'll never know I guess, but he beats what is in front of him.

like I've said, there are only two issues with Neymar: Price and Removing Villa. anyone who says anything else is hatin' (or just doesn't know any better).

now, they are two legitimate issues for sure, but if you're complaining about something else then yer wrong.

(you could perhaps add pace of play, but he's shown that he's capable of playing faster and cutting down on the ISO stuff so when put in an environment like ours there's nothing suggest he'd play as slow as he currently does sometimes).

Well I agree to some degree, but I do think there is a pretty fucking big gap between taking HBA's point of view and completely dismissing Neymar's accomplishments because he doesn't play in mighty, mighty Europe.

I guess price is part of the problem, but we also don't know how it will effect him to take him out of his comfort zone. There is a difference between being a very talented player and the next Ronaldinho. I know you don't want to hear the alleged attitude issues because like everything else with this kid it's overstated, but you can't deny he comes with a lot of distractions and Barcelona has a long history of giving naive kids who like to party more than they ever expected.

Yes Neymar and Messi could potentially be some sort of fantasy shit. Or that greed could blow up in their faces. Even the nicest of superstars have massive, massive egos.

Doobs

The Messiah
Im fine with him in the team, as long as we can be certain he will fit in well say like an Alexis has now.

There's no doubt he could explode and become one of the better players in Europe. He's already a world renowned super star.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
but he still delivered against Peñarol, as well as delivering against pretty much every other good defence Santos come across.

could he have dealt with Quito in '08 or Estudiantes in '09? we'll never know I guess, but he beats what is in front of him.

like I've said, there are only two issues with Neymar: Price and Removing Villa. anyone who says anything else is hatin' (or just doesn't know any better).

now, they are two legitimate issues for sure, but if you're complaining about something else then yer wrong.

(you could perhaps add pace of play, but he's shown that he's capable of playing faster and cutting down on the ISO stuff so when put in an environment like ours there's nothing suggest he'd play as slow as he currently does sometimes).
:beer2: lets sign him.

Doobs

The Messiah
And could someone enlighten me about how this guy has managed to get a 60 effin million price tag?

What earth shattering thing has he done?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
And could someone enlighten me about how this guy has managed to get a 60 effin million price tag?

He can bounce-dribble, do stepovers, and does that dance thing Brazilians love to do after scoring goals. Oh, and he has a funky haircut.

F

Flavia

Wouldn't you agree that he has garnered a reputation as being an arrogant bad boy?
No, I don't. I'm gonna repeat myself, his personality is much like Dani Alves, or even Ronaldinho. He's nothing like cr7, for instance.

And I see first row the media circus made around him here in brazil. This supposed reputation some still insist he has is based on his sole incident with his former coach in 2010. But that didn't happen again, as he had a really strong reality check, when the same media that was praising him, attacked him right after that incident.

F

Flavia

Media hype, mostly. He's really good, but not worth all that money, no doubt about it. Media surely overrates him, but in the other hand, a lot of people also underrate him. He's at a tough spot. If he moves to europe now, the pressure is gonna be huge... That's why I think he'll stay in Santos a little longer.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Media hype, mostly. He's really good, but not worth all that money, no doubt about it. Media surely overrates him, but in the other hand, a lot of people also underrate him. He's at a tough spot. If he moves to europe now, the pressure is gonna be huge... That's why I think he'll stay in Santos a little longer.

Seriously if he's not going to move to a slightly more low profile market like Portugual, France or a mid tier Spanish club where he can have an adjustment period, he might as well stay in Brazil. It's not like he's too good for that level.

It would be nice to get him away from the marketing machine, but sadly that will never happen.

Also, he should consider hitting the gym. That wirey twink physique is probably beneficial to his style of play at 20, but in a few years that's probably not going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans