Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

In my opinion the distance is not that big.

Iniesta's replacement right there.

Have to say though he let me down a bit in the Champions League this season. However that can be chalked up to him being only 19 years old and it being the first time he has played in Champions League I suppose.

Barca should sign him up for sure.

F

Flavia

No I dont but I have seen plenty videos of his best performances..He has talent no doubt but can he perform amongst Europe's elite?
I can't see the future, but I think he can. He has all the tools to do so. You should try to watch some of his matches, before having a formed opinion about him.
He's one of those players people love to hate, because stupid people like pele claims he's better than Messi, media hype and such... but he's most likely to be great, and I surely hope he doesn't end up in rm.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
So did Carlos Tevez. South American Footballer of the Year for 3 consecutive seasons. 2003 (at the age of 19), 2004 and 2005. And Copa Libertadores winner with Boca Juniors at the age of 19 (2003).

and Tevez would have gone on to be a stone-cold world-class forward (if he hasn't anyway) if his agent wasn't such a monumental cuntswallop.

Hatem Ben Arfa

In Europe's biggest competition.

are you for real?

Two very different positions and two very different players. Wilshere playing very deep, making tough tackles (sometimes illegally) winning the ball back and dropping it off to his teammates as soon as he can. Played a small but key pass to Nasri in the counter attack that led to their goal.

If you think Wilshere is better than Neymar because he had a decent game(nothing special) as CDM vs Barca in the Champions League, then fine ...............you are entitled to that opinion........

mj-laughing.gif

Doobs

The Messiah
@Anidubey

You need to stop mentioning Wilshere's performance against us while discussing Neymar... Neymar is a forward who relies on his team mates to supply him the ball in the attacking front. Wilshere, on the other hand is a mid fielder who provides the ball to his team mates in the attacking area. So it is only natural that Wilshere would get to see more of the ball and since he's quality he could make good use of it. Neymar didn't get the ball in the first place!!

I know that, HBA claimed that a player couldn't make an impact against this Barca, obviously he's a mid so he'll get the ball more often but its THE IMPACT that he's making with the ball that im stressing.

So if Neymar was as good as they say, even with lesser of the ball than a Wilshere would have, he could have made a massive impact, but what did he do? Missed sitters and did a couple of step overs to show that he's Neymar, that's it.

F

Flavia

I know that, HBA claimed that a player couldn't make an impact against this Barca, obviously he's a mid so he'll get the ball more often but its THE IMPACT that he's making with the ball that im stressing.

So if Neymar was as good as they say, even with lesser of the ball than a Wilshere would have, he could have made a massive impact, but what did he do? Missed sitters and did a couple of step overs to show that he's Neymar, that's it.
That's a shallow way to see and analyse things... He is good, not because anyone here say it. One game won't change that. Messi also has failed to make an impact several times, and yet he's the best ever.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
are you for real?

Two very different positions and two very different players. Wilshere playing very deep, making tough tackles (sometimes illegally) winning the ball back and dropping it off to his teammates as soon as he can. Played a small but key pass to Nasri in the counter attack that led to their goal.

If you think Wilshere is better than Neymar because he had a decent game(nothing special) as CDM vs Barca in the Champions League, then fine ...............you are entitled to that opinion........

mj-laughing.gif

and you still want to make a point with him!? You just can't!!

Chainsaw

Killahead
The achievements of Carlos Tevez were nowhere as impressive as Neymar at such a young age.

Watching Neymar you can see he is in a class of his own in South America at the moment.

Yeah? And for what reason exactly?! Actually it could be if Tevez wasn't Argentine but Brazilian and many typically didn't believe that Brazil should as usual have the upper hand in having the best damn things out there and not Argentina that has less WC titles in their cabinet than the mighty Brazil.

Watching Neymar I can clearly see how much the Brazilian media try to overrate him as they're so bitter that an Argentine have kept them all in the shadow for so many years. So yeah, talented but way overrated!

JamDav1982

So many holes in that argument.

You sound like those that say Messi should have won the world Cup single handed as his ability is all that counts in order to be able to impact a game. Regardless of your team mates or strength of opposition.

If your team mates are vastly inferior, as Santos were , then it is virtually impossible for any player to have an impact of any kind.

JamDav1982

Yeah? And for what reason exactly?! Actually it could be if Tevez wasn't Argentine but Brazilian and many typically didn't believe that Brazil should as usual have the upper hand in having the best damn things out there and not Argentina that has less WC titles in their cabinet than the mighty Brazil.

Watching Neymar I can clearly see how much the Brazilian media try to overrate him as they're so bitter that an Argentine have kept them all in the shadow for so many years. So yeah, talented but way overrated!

Watch him and look at his goal record and you can easily see how much better he is than Tevez at the same age. Anyway that is not the point, i was asking what more he could do to convince people of his ability.

What would you like to see him do Razor?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm no Neymar fan but Tevez never as purely talented. I know you love Saint Carlitos and all, but of all the Argies to use as an example (as your point I agree), you went with the guy who was a physical bull more than anything else.

Both Neymar and Tevez have the honour of being overrated because they were the best forwards on very good Libertadores winning sides though, so I can see that.

Last edited:

Doobs

The Messiah
are you for real?

But wasn't he making his presence known? Wasn't he doing what he was supposed to and doing it well? Against this Barca?

Im not saying Wilshere is better footballer than Neymar, Im telling you that a player around the age of Neymar has the ability to make an Impact against this Barca. You getting my flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans