Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Just reiterating the point made not too long ago, remember the CWC final that we played against Santos? How many touches of the ball did he have? 2? :lol:
and even when he got the ball, what did he do with it? One fancy step-over and pass to a team mate past Puyol?

When he comes to Europe, the Brazilian media as well as the fan boys here will look stupid.

do you know anything about football?

you are really blaming Neymar for seeing almost nothing of the ball when he played against FC BARCELONA UNDER GUARDIOLA, IN A FINAL NO LESS?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.................that is all

Doobs

The Messiah
:lol: :lol:

If he was half the player you claim he is, he would do better I think.

Oh and if players around the age of Neymar, take Jack frickin Wilshere for example, can do so much with so little of the ball against FC BARCELONA in the CL... then ya I have every right to make that claim.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"All the fanboys here will look stupid", "Do you know anything about football"...
Don't make me start deleting and issuing warnings. You can't talk normal to others then don't poison the thread with your negativity.

F

Flavia

Oh and if players around the age of Neymar, take Jack frickin Wilshere for example, can do so much with so little of the ball against FC BARCELONA in the CL... then ya I have every right to make that claim.
Nah, Barça played superbly in that final, there was not much he could do. And taking one game to rate a player is not really fair. Messi missed a penalty that got us out of the cl final, and he is not less of a player for that.

Doobs

The Messiah
I only took that game as an example because he was up against Europe's absolute elite.

I watched that game with a keen eye on Neymar.. seriously if he was anywhere near what you folk are making him out to be then he would have done A LOT better, even if it was against Barca..take Jack Wilshere's performance against Barca in the CL not too long ago.. that was nothing short of magnificent from the youngster.

I agree that judging on one game is wrong, but Im not basing my entire judgement on him just on that game, am I?

JamDav1982

Cant believe some of the comments about Neymar on here.

You can question his attitude but to question his ability is completely wrong, he is the best young player in the world by a distance and a future world player of the year.

Every game I have watched Santos this season he has been the best player on the park by a country mile.

He has a phenomenal goal record, has won the Copa Libertadores and been declared the best player in South America at 19, for those saying he has proved nothing, what morecould he do at this stage of his career?!!

F

Flavia

I only took that game as an example because he was up against Europe's absolute elite.

I watched that game with a keen eye on Neymar.. seriously if he was anywhere near what you folk are making him out to be then he would have done A LOT better, even if it was against Barca..take Jack Wilshere's performance against Barca in the CL not too long ago.. that was nothing short of magnificent from the youngster.

I agree that judging on one game is wrong, but Im not basing my entire judgement on him just on that game, am I?
Do you watch him play on a regular basis?

Maria

Nah, Barça played superbly in that final, there was not much he could do. And taking one game to rate a player is not really fair. Messi missed a penalty that got us out of the cl final, and he is not less of a player for that.

I think Messi against Germany would be a better comparison..though even against us, I thought that it was pretty obvious that Neymar is a class above his team-mates. But like I said, it's not his talent that worries me..his relationship with Messi, the team and the spanish press are the real problem. I remember that Messi was being heavily criticized in Spain this season when he went a few games without scoring..imagine what they could do to someone for whom Barca pays 50 million euros.

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember a single player who came straight from South America and has been a succes at Barca.

You can question his attitude but to question his ability is completely wrong, he is the best young player in the world by a distance and a future world player of the year.

In my opinion the distance is not that big.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

oh deary me.......

you expect 1 player to keep plenty of possession by himself and make a huge impact against Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in a World Club Cup Final that played near their peak that day.

well then...................you are entitled to believe that.

mj-laughing.gif

Chainsaw

Killahead

You can question his attitude but to question his ability is completely wrong, he is the best young player in the world by a distance [size=+1]and a future world player of the year.[/size]

Heard that alot before about many players.

He has a phenomenal goal record, [size=+1]has won the Copa Libertadores and been declared the best player in South America at 19[/size], for those saying he has proved nothing, what morecould he do at this stage of his career?!!

So did Carlos Tevez. South American Footballer of the Year for 3 consecutive seasons. 2003 (at the age of 19), 2004 and 2005. And Copa Libertadores winner with Boca Juniors at the age of 19 (2003).

JamDav1982

Heard that alot before about many players.

So did Carlos Tevez. South American Footballer of the Year for 3 consecutive seasons. 2003 (at the age of 19), 2004 and 2005. And Copa Libertadores winner with Boca Juniors at the age of 19 (2003).

The achievements of Carlos Tevez were nowhere as impressive as Neymar at such a young age.

Watching Neymar you can see he is in a class of his own in South America at the moment.

Doobs

The Messiah
oh deary me.......

you expect 1 player to keep plenty of possession by himself and make a huge impact against Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in a World Club Cup Final that played near their peak that day.

well then...................you are entitled to believe that.

In Europe's biggest competition.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@Anidubey

You need to stop mentioning Wilshere's performance against us while discussing Neymar... Neymar is a forward who relies on his team mates to supply him the ball in the attacking front. Wilshere, on the other hand is a mid fielder who provides the ball to his team mates in the attacking area. So it is only natural that Wilshere would get to see more of the ball and since he's quality he could make good use of it. Neymar didn't get the ball in the first place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans