Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armando929

goals and stats aren't everything in futbol.

Neymar has more skill in his left toe than CRonaldo. Iniesta TOO.

Based on what???.... The step overs he does on those shit defenders in Brazil???.... Neymar isn't half as good as either Iniesta or Ronaldo.

Ronaldo and Iniesta have played top flight football for years and have been succesfull. Neymar does it against bums in Brazil and you call him the best player in the world.

Need more evidence, sorry.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Based on what???.... The step overs he does on those shit defenders in Brazil???.... Neymar isn't half as good as either Iniesta or Ronaldo.

Ronaldo and Iniesta have played top flight football for years and have been succesfull. Neymar does it against bums in Brazil and you call him the best player in the world.

Need more evidence, sorry.

you've obviously misunderstood my post. I've had to edit it and add an extra word.

I was saying Iniesta TOO has more skill in his left foot toe than CRonaldo.

Ronaldo is nothing but an athlete that can finish consistently, is good at penalties and can hit a ball really really hard, and can do 100 step overs really really and then pass it sideways or backwards with flick/backheel. Neymar still has more skill in his left Toe than CRonaldo.

Armando929

you've obviously misunderstood my post. I've had to edit it and add an extra word.

I was saying Iniesta TOO has more skill in his left foot toe than CRonaldo.

Ronaldo is nothing but an athlete that can finish consistently, is good at penalties and can hit a ball really really hard, and can do 100 step overs really really and then pass it sideways or backwards with flick/backheel. Neymar still has more skill in his left Toe than CRonaldo.

Its possible one day he can prove to be better than Ronaldo. But not right now. He needs to prove he can perform consistently against La Liga defenses the way Ronaldo does. You don't just annoint someone because they can perform in that shit league in Brazil. Ronaldo would run circles around those defenders with his eyes closed and he'd have the highlight reel material to boot.

Its because of this hype that Neymar will not live up to the expectations. There's already too much pressure on him and when he doesn't produce the same level he does in Brazil, he'll be considered a flop.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Its possible one day he can prove to be better than Ronaldo. But not right now. He needs to prove he can perform consistently against La Liga defenses the way Ronaldo does. You don't just annoint someone because they can perform in that shit league in Brazil. Ronaldo would run circles around those defenders with his eyes closed and he'd have the highlight reel material to boot.

Its because of this hype that Neymar will not live up to the expectations. There's already too much pressure on him and when he doesn't produce the same level he does in Brazil, he'll be considered a flop.

it is not a sh*t league though. I'm tired of people who don't even watch Brazilian league being ethnocentric saying it is a sh*t league.

Armando929

I've watched it plenty of times. I watch Sao Paulo.

And those defenses you see in that league are absolutely LAUGHABLE.

F

Flavia

I've watched it plenty of times. I watch Sao Paulo.

And those defenses you see in that league are absolutely LAUGHABLE.
The sao paulo league and the brazilian league are very different. The sp league is weaker than the segunda, teams are really poor. The brazilian league is not weak. though it has some weak teams fighting relegation, there's also plenty of strong sides. Teams like corinthians, sao paulo, santos, fluminense, vasco, cruzeiro and others are on the same level as valencia, atletico and malaga.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I'd wager that La Liga's defending isn't that much better than Brazils, not many great defenses/defenders around at this point.

JonM

He's a big Jesus Navas fan.

neymar.jpg

Antimilan

The sao paulo league and the brazilian league are very different. The sp league is weaker than the segunda, teams are really poor. The brazilian league is not weak. though it has some weak teams fighting relegation, there's also plenty of strong sides. Teams like corinthians, sao paulo, santos, fluminense, vasco, cruzeiro and others are on the same level as valencia, atletico and malaga.

What is it about Brazilian football ? Do they rest at all ? I constantly see Brazilian teams facing each other and playing in different competitions, every time I check flashscore (daily).

Robbie

The Brazilian league isn't well known for its defenders. It's a very attractive league but from an attacking standpoint only. The standard of competition is high, but at the same time the defending is terrible. Don't forget that Neymar has become an icon in the country, raised up by sheer hype and a desperate need to create a 'hometown hero' to defeat Argentina's Messi.

All he has to do is fall down when a blade of grass looks at him wrong, and he'll get any referee's decision go his way. He's untouchable, and ultimately unchallenged. Like I've said many times before; when he goes to Europe, he's in for the shock of his life. All his worshippers (like H.B.A.) are going to be in for the shock of their lives too, and will instantly turn from loving him to hating him and calling him shit.

That's probably why he's so afraid of going to Europe now. He's trying to hold it off for as long as possible, as long as the hype in his country is still there.

F

Flavia

The Brazilian league isn't well known for its defenders. It's a very attractive league but from an attacking standpoint only. The standard of competition is high, but at the same time the defending is terrible. Don't forget that Neymar has become an icon in the country, raised up by sheer hype and a desperate need to create a 'hometown hero' to defeat Argentina's Messi.

All he has to do is fall down when a blade of grass looks at him wrong, and he'll get any referee's decision go his way. He's untouchable, and ultimately unchallenged. Like I've said many times before; when he goes to Europe, he's in for the shock of his life. All his worshippers (like H.B.A.) are going to be in for the shock of their lives too, and will instantly turn from loving him to hating him and calling him shit.

That's probably why he's so afraid of going to Europe now. He's trying to hold it off for as long as possible, as long as the hype in his country is still there.
This view of the league being all attack and defense is quite old, Robbie. It's not like that anymore. Corinthians has suffered 2 goals during a whole libertadores. There's some good defenders playing here now. Neymar, if he comes to spain, wont find all that difference you think he will. The hype is indeed exagerated, though.

What is it about Brazilian football ? Do they rest at all ? I constantly see Brazilian teams facing each other and playing in different competitions, every time I check flashscore (daily).
The calendar is different from europe. It's this:

Calendar 2012:

Pre-season: 5/1 a 21/1
Estaduais(each state has one. sao paulo, rio, just local teams): 22/1 a 13/5
Libertadores: 25/1 a 4/7(the equivalent to ucl)
Copa do Brasil(something like copa del rey): 7/3 a 25/7
Copa Sul-Americana: 8/8 a 12/12(the equivalent to europe league)
Série A: 20/5 to 2/12
Série B: 19/5 to 24/11
Série C: 27/5 to 7/10
Série D: 27/5 to 30/9

Robbie

How many Brazilian defenders have made a name for themselves outside of their country? Thiago Silva and Lucio are the only ones I can think of that are world class. The rest (Dani Alves, Maicon, Luiz) are known more for their on the ball talents, and as well as attacking threat.

I might have been somewhat off the mark in my last post, but I'm still almost positive that Neymar will flop in Europe. He thinks he's a phenomenon without earning that title. Ronaldo proved himself in Europe by going to a mid-size club like PSV first, and Ronaldinho went to PSG. None of them had their face plastered all over TV and commercials, being "worth 60 million" and walking straight to Barca/Madrid as 20 year olds. Even Messi went through the Barca ranks and was in Barca B, playing well years before he even had a single endorsement deal.

Brazil needs more Ronaldos and Ronaldinhos, and less Neymars... Just look at their FIFA rankings. Out of the top 10 for the first time in their history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans