Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

How many Brazilian defenders have made a name for themselves outside of their country? Thiago Silva and Lucio are the only ones I can think of that are world class. The rest (Dani Alves, Maicon, Luiz) are known more for their on the ball talents, and as well as attacking threat.

I might have been somewhat off the mark in my last post, but I'm still almost positive that Neymar will flop in Europe. He thinks he's a phenomenon without earning that title. Ronaldo proved himself in Europe by going to a mid-size club like PSV first, and Ronaldinho went to PSG. None of them had their face plastered all over TV and commercials, being "worth 60 million" and walking straight to Barca/Madrid as 20 year olds. Even Messi went through the Barca ranks and was in Barca B, playing well years before he even had a single endorsement deal.

Brazil needs more Ronaldos and Ronaldinhos, and less Neymars... Just look at their FIFA rankings. Out of the top 10 for the first time in their history.
That's the media, not him. At least he seems to know that. His father makes sure he doesn't get carried away by all the media hype. Neymar sr doesn't want his son to be robinho 2.0
And times have changed a bit. Back in Ronnie's youth, teams here would sell any promising player right away. This culture has been fought here for a long time now, and teams are trying to hold on to their best players a little longer than they used to.

Armando929

I honestly don't see Neymar coming until 2014, if he does come.

Santos will likely extend his contract a couple more years so they can get a maximum profit when its time for them to sell.

60 million will be the price tag. And I honestly think thats a minimum because his buyout clause is supposedly 70 million.

This is more of a Real Madrid bit of business if you ask me. 60 million for an unproven player???... I'm not feeling that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
@ Robbie
How many world class defenders Brazil is supposed to produce? I don't think that more came from England over the same period ;)

Having said that, I do agree to an extent with your opinion on Neymar. Since Maradona, every single player that Barca brought straight from SA flopped.

Jadentheman

All he has to do is fall down when a blade of grass looks at him wrong, and he'll get any referee's decision go his way. He's untouchable, and ultimately unchallenged. Like I've said many times before; when he goes to Europe, he's in for the shock of his life. All his worshippers (like H.B.A.) are going to be in for the shock of their lives too, and will instantly turn from loving him to hating him and calling him shit.

That's probably why he's so afraid of going to Europe now. He's trying to hold it off for as long as possible, as long as the hype in his country is still there.

Then I guess 2014 is gonna be a rude awakening for everyone

Hatem Ben Arfa

The Brazilian league isn't well known for its defenders. It's a very attractive league but from an attacking standpoint only. The standard of competition is high, but at the same time the defending is terrible. Don't forget that Neymar has become an icon in the country, raised up by sheer hype and a desperate need to create a 'hometown hero' to defeat Argentina's Messi.

All he has to do is fall down when a blade of grass looks at him wrong, and he'll get any referee's decision go his way. He's untouchable, and ultimately unchallenged. Like I've said many times before; when he goes to Europe, he's in for the shock of his life. All his worshippers (like H.B.A.) are going to be in for the shock of their lives too, and will instantly turn from loving him to hating him and calling him shit.

That's probably why he's so afraid of going to Europe now. He's trying to hold it off for as long as possible, as long as the hype in his country is still there.

yeah he's all media hype. Has nothing at all to do with what he does on the pitch :lol:

and yeah in Brazil they can't defend. That is why Barcelona couldn't score a single measly goal in the 2006 FIFA Club World Cup Final against Internacional.

Neymar will not flop in Europe. you really are getting your hate on.

He will be a success in Europe. And no doubt haters like yourself won't be able to own up to the fact that you are wrong when he proves you wrong. you will no doubt keep changing the parameters that constitute success as he continues to break them.

I can't wait for him to come to Europe and stick a middle finger up at all those ethnocentrics who think Brazilian league sucks and believe that it is impossible for a Brazilian to go straight to Barca from a Brazilian club and be a success.

Jadentheman

Maybe Barca can buy him in 2013 and loan him out to a small club like PSG,PSV, or Ajax for a year? Surely that will be a better plan. He can refined his skills, mentality, gain some champions league experience. Then come back to Barcelona and help Messi!

B

beautifulgame

If you think brazilians can't defend your are very ignorant.. Sorry fellas.. But do you think defenders they never learn to defend growing up playing against the most creative and astute technical players in the world? Likewise, do you think the Neymars of the world become that talented practicing against shitty defenders during their youth? ;-)

It's not that they can't defend, they just often choose not to because they value other parts of the game a whole lot more. HBA already made a good point of the Inter team of 2006. If you still doubt then watch Corinthians today against Boca to relieve yourself and us of your ignorance..

5 world cups without good defenders eh? Yeah.. right.

As a group, brazilians are the best all-around footballers on the planet. Just think about Chelsea's most valuable player over those two legs..

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

I didn't say Brazilians never produced good players. I said the current Campeonato sucks. Bit of a difference. Nowadays it's a retire league for the fat Ronaldos, fat Ronaldinhos, Decos, Luis Fabianos and Seedorfs of this world mixed with some talented attacking players and that's it. The fact that fat Ronaldinho, way past his prime, managed to score a hattrick past Santos (supposedly one of the better teams in Brazil) but never scored a hattrick in La Liga in a Barcelona jersey at his absolute peak should make you think.

David Luiz and the crook Rafael starting for the national team tells me everything I need to know about Brazilian defenders in this decade. The way the Brazilian Olympic team (supposedly the most talented young Brazilian players) let Messi run like 40 yards with the ball without anyone closing him down for his hattrick was comical to watch. He produced maybe his best goal of the season right there once he met a Brazilian defense.

Jadentheman

I didn't say Brazilians never produced good players. I said the current Campeonato sucks. Bit of a difference. Nowadays it's a retire league for the fat Ronaldos, fat Ronaldinhos, Decos, Luis Fabianos and Seedorfs of this world mixed with some talented attacking players and that's it. The fact that fat Ronaldinho, way past his prime, managed to score a hattrick past Santos (supposedly one of the better teams in Brazil) but never scored a hattrick in La Liga in a Barcelona jersey at his absolute peak should make you think.

David Luiz and the crook Rafael starting for the national team tells me everything I need to know about Brazilian defenders in this decade. The way the Brazilian Olympic team (supposedly the most talented young Brazilian players) let Messi run like 40 yards with the ball without anyone closing him down for his hattrick was comical to watch. He produced maybe his best goal of the season right there once he met a Brazilian defense.

Ronaldinho did score a hat trick in La liga once or was it champions league? Anyways I remember that...find the vid on youtube

1.Penalty
2.Long Range outside the 18 yd box
3. Freekick

Hatem Ben Arfa

:lol:

you think Brazil defenders suck because a very Inexperienced Brazil U-23 got taken to school by Lionel Messi? :lol:

if Argentina's 1st team played against Spain U-23, England U-23, Italy U-23 and Messi did the same, would also then come to the conclusion that the Spanish, English and Italians can't defend since they are supposedly the most talented young Spanish, English and Italian players?

:lol:

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

lol

you think Brazil defenders suck because a very Inexperienced Brazil U-23 got taken to school by Lionel Messi? :lol:

90 % of the Campeonato is U23. Someone seems to have missed the memo. The average age of Sao Paolo is 23.6. Santos 24.5. Flamengo 24.0. Botafago 24.3.

Name 3 "experienced" top defenders from the Campeonato.

Hatem Ben Arfa

90 % of the Campeonato is U23. Someone seems to have missed the memo. The average age of Sao Paolo is 23.6. Santos 24.5. Flamengo 24.0. Botafago 24.3.

Name 3 "experienced" top defenders from the Campeonato.

OMG that really is how you think? :lol:

a bunch of kid defenders getting schooled by Messi = the country's defenders being sh*t

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The Brazilian league isn't well known for its defenders. It's a very attractive league but from an attacking standpoint only. The standard of competition is high, but at the same time the defending is terrible. Don't forget that Neymar has become an icon in the country, raised up by sheer hype and a desperate need to create a 'hometown hero' to defeat Argentina's Messi.

Is correct and why Barca fans should pray they don't sign Neymar because Brazil's numero uno and Argentina's numero uno in the same team? Good luck with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans