Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Chicao, Kleber, and Dede (he wasn't playing vs Messi). ;)

dwsw38.gif

He also reminds me of one of the most hilarious things I have heard recently:

also defence does not start with the back 4, midfield play a big part in that along with the forwards. that whole team was a bunch of kids minus Hulk, Marcelo and Silva.

I have to say that I agree with the fact that in the modern football, the back 4 are not the only ones defining a team's deffennce. We saw with Barca, Spain and even Chelsea how important a DM can be or a player like Pedro, Drogba who work their asses off and put pressure on the teams they're facing.

that whole team was a bunch of kids minus Hulk, Marcelo and Silva.

They were not really kids(the youngest player was Neymar himself)..and most of them will be part of 2014 Brazil NT anyway.

But the important part of that match was not what Messi did though as he humiliated more experienced and better deffenders than the brazilian ones, but what Neymar did against Romero(a Serie B GK, although he will play in Serie A from next season), Federico Fernandez(23 y.o. and back-up at Napoli), Ezequiel Garay(25 y.o. and the only good deffender that Argentina has..although that is not saying much), Pablo Zabaleta(who, although a good player for City, he turns to shit everytime he plays for albiceleste) and Clemente Rodriguez(at the whole 2012 EC I couldn't see a LB as hylarious as this one). And I have to say that I wasn't impressed..although we have to take into consideration the fact that just before Brazil's games against Mexico and Argentina you started saying that Neymar was the best player in the world, so the poor kid was cursed. :p

Last edited:

mixer

It's most probable Barcelona, who have a preferential option on him, will sign Santos attacker Neymar (20) in the summer of 2013. [mundodeportivo]

Hatem Ben Arfa

dwsw38.gif

He also reminds me of one of the most hilarious things I have heard recently:

I have to say that I agree with the fact that in the modern football, the back 4 are not the only ones defining a team's deffennce. We saw with Barca, Spain and even Chelsea how important a DM can be or a player like Pedro, Drogba who work their asses off and put pressure on the teams they're facing.

They were not really kids(the youngest player was Neymar himself)..and most of them will be part of 2014 Brazil NT anyway.

But the important part of that match was not what Messi did though as he humiliated more experienced and better deffenders than the brazilian ones, but what Neymar did against Romero(a Serie B GK, although he will play in Serie A from next season), Federico Fernandez(23 y.o. and back-up at Napoli), Ezequiel Garay(25 y.o. and the only good deffender that Argentina has..although that is not saying much), Pablo Zabaleta(who, although a good player for City, he turns to shit everytime he plays for albiceleste) and Clemente Rodriguez(at the whole 2012 EC I couldn't see a LB as hylarious as this one). And I have to say that I wasn't impressed..although we have to take into consideration the fact that just before Brazil's games against Mexico and Argentina you started saying that Neymar was the best player in the world, so the poor kid was cursed. :p

I honestly thought Oscar was the youngest player on the pitch that day. the majority of that team was 21 years old bar Marcelo, Hulk and Sandro. Like I said Kids.

Neymar came ever so close to scoring on a few occasions if you watched that game. He just took forever to shoot for some reason and probably should have been awarded a penalty.

and what is wrong with Dede? he fell over once after some skill by another player? does that mean he's not a good defender in your book or something? :lol:

Maria

:lol:

great dodging of my points and questions there :lol:

What points? I told you that Neymar was the youngest player on the pitch(which is true), that I don't consider him a kid(he is a bit younger than Thiago and if you read his thread you know how harsh most of the cules are with him and expect him to be Xavi) and that I didn't care for Messi' performance against that Brazil as I am aware that, although most of the brazilian players will be present at the 2014 WC, they are not very experienced.

I watched that game exclusively for Neymar(just like I did lately with Brazil and Santos) and I wasn't very impressed by the performance of the player you said that is better than Messi&Cristiano against a team whose deffence could rival that of Holland at the last EC(and we saw what Cristiano did against them) or even Brazil(and again we saw what Messi did against them).

Maybe I'm judging him too harshly, but considering that he's the best player in the world(or the second best after Iniesta) and that the club will probably pay over 50million euros for him, I'm expecting more than a few shots on goal and some dives that could rival those of Di Maria.

I liked Pele's points about Neymar's lack of experience though: “Neymar has everything to be the new Messi, the new Maradona,Messi has 15 years of international experience. Imagine if Neymar had the experience of Messi, who would be better?.”

As far as Dede goes I didn't watched him enough to have formed an opinion, but I saw that he's a year younger than Pique and has only 3 caps for Brazil. So he's probably a good deffender in Brazil, but not good enough for a NT that has David Luiz and Thiago Silva as CBs.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

What points? I told you that Neymar was the youngest player on the pitch(which is true), that I don't consider him a kid(he is a bit younger than Thiago and if you read his thread you know how harsh most of the cules are with him and expect him to be Xavi) and that I didn't care for Messi' performance against that Brazil as I am aware that, although most of the brazilian players will be present at the 2014 WC, they are not very experienced.

I watched that game exclusively for Neymar(just like I did lately with Brazil and Santos) and I wasn't very impressed by the performance of the player you said that is better than Messi&Cristiano against a team whose deffence could rival that of Holland at the last EC(and we saw what Cristiano did against them) or even Brazil(and again we saw what Messi did against them).

Maybe I'm judging him too harshly, but considering that he's the best player in the world(or the second best after Iniesta) and that the club will probably pay over 50million euros for him, I'm expecting more than a few shots on goal and some dives that could rival those of Di Maria.

I liked Pele's points about Neymar's lack of experience though: “Neymar has everything to be the new Messi, the new Maradona,Messi has 15 years of international experience. Imagine if Neymar had the experience of Messi, who would be better?.”

As far as Dede goes I didn't watched him enough to have formed an opinion, but I saw that he's a year younger than Pique and has only 3 caps for Brazil. So he's probably a good deffender in Brazil, but not good enough for a NT that has David Luiz and Thiago Silva as CBs.

Oscar is younger

and I stand by my words, that team was full of kids. and like it or not Neymar is just kid as is Balotelli.

Armando929

Watched the Brazil vs Argentina match.

Again, talented player but not all that impressive. Blatantly dove in the area for a penalty, and didnt really look like scoring.

He wouldnt bench any of the likes of Pedro or Alexis thats for sure.

Jadentheman

Wow Oscar? I heard Inter was checking him out but never fetched for him.

You mean Neymar?.. No sorry honey he's gonna be here. It's inevitable

Maria

Oscar is younger

and I stand by my words, that team was full of kids.

Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior or simply Oscar (born 9 September 1991)

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior (born 5 February 1992), commonly known simply as Neymar

It's admirable that you stand by your words so many time..but at the same time some of the things that you said in the past make it hard for me to take you seriously.

and like it or not Neymar is just kid as is Balotelli.

But only one of them is the best or second best player in the world, according to you..so excuse me for expecting a better performance.

Co0ter

Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior or simply Oscar (born 9 September 1991)

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior (born 5 February 1992), commonly known simply as Neymar

It's admirable that you stand by your words so many time..but at the same time some of the things that you said in the past make it hard for me to take you seriously.

But only one of them is the best or second best player in the world, according to you..so excuse me for expecting a better performance.

Neymar is not one of the best players in the world, anyone who claims that doesn't really have a good understanding of world-football. Neymar is a very young, incredibly talented prospect- the best prospect in the world imo. You have to look at a player with a holistic view, not just how many goals he scores or what titles he wins. Neymar is a complete footballer whose game is so, so mature for his age. He has immense speed, ball control and dribbling to match it. He is also a great finisher for his age, ranging from taps ins to headers, and also has TWO deadly feet. Not to mention his ability to bring his teammates into the game- his vision, passing, crossing and movement are world-class. He is also deadly 1 vs 1- he can usually beat his man or draw a foul if he doesn't.

Neymar isn't the best in the world that much is clear. The Brazil league is nowhere near as bad as some people claim, but he indeed needs to go to Europe before he can be considered as one of the best. The kids potential is limitless, and that's something I just wouldnt be able to say about the likes of Ballotelli, Goetze or Hazard- no matter how unique and talented they might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans