Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
He's been flirting with us for quite a while, recently again he made comments about how great he thought Iniesta was. It's clear where we wants to go to if he leaves South America if you ask me.

Maria

He's been flirting with us for quite a while, recently again he made comments about how great he thought Iniesta was. It's clear where we wants to go to if he leaves South America if you ask me.

Ozil was a cule until the day he signed with Real Madrid. If we don't pay, in the end this doesn't mean nothing..

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I bring you Neymar's latest match

there is so much melodrama in every single match he plays... ever match there is yelling at the ref 5 times, and flailing around 5 times, and getting into it with the other team.. every one of these videos I see I think My GOSH, what a player, I wonder what he could do at Barça, but then I think My gosh what an immature, over dramatic player. It is hard to imagine he would do well at this Barça where passing and moving is key, but who knows, if he grows up mentally and learns to get rid of the ball a little quicker (which he will have to do in EUrope) he may be the next superstar for us. Although the same things are probably true about duelofeu also... and he is free

P

PhilS

Is Neymar really better than say Falcao?

Falcao is closer to his peak than Neymar, so do you mean better now, or a better career to come? Neymar has very rare talent and aggression, this much potential comes around maybe once a decade. The kid really makes things happen on the field. In basketball, the ability to draw the foul is highly admired, I hear less of this appreciation in this sport. Neymar may be the best I have ever seen for drawing fouls and penalties. He'll never be the scorer Messi is (no one ever will be), but he is more like Messi than he is like any other Barca player. Except he is more aggressive, which certainly can include being over-aggressive. If he comes to Barca, he will change a lot (or not stay long).

Neymar can really pass, and moves without the ball like a natural poacher. There would be zillions of assists between Messi, Cesc and Neymar, Barca would lead the world in scoring every year.

Maria

In that game he was hilarious..I would say that he normally doesn't dive as much, only when he has troubles getting past the deffenders in front of him. I don't if that's bad or good though..and even Messi used to dive in his beginning with the first team. But knowing the brazillian footballers we will probably see Neymar dive for the rest of his career.

Reasonus

People who call us FC Hollywood and not the other FCB so are noobs, know nothing about football and shouldn't be given a rat's ass for their opinion

Word

Is Neymar really better than say Falcao?

Different players, but Falcao is a player who could really help this Barca. He had made a name in Portugal, but I didn't think he would be that good. Pep said that he's currently probably the best striker in the world and he's right. Another player who could help Barcelona was pre-injury Giuseppe Rossi.

Neymar dived 5 times in a friendly

He's going to be shocked when the refs in Spain laugh and tell him to get up

I don't think refs in Spain are that much better. If he plays for the Blancos, he will get away with it every single time.

About Neymar, obviously many of you know more about him than I do. Still, I can't help but sense that few have formed an objective opinion.

I'm not worried about his skills and his performance. He is in no way another Robinho. He's quite skilled and also effective. He's nowhere near Messi's level and he can't ever get there, but he won't be in for the shock of his life if he comes to Europe. European defenders aren't that good either. That's why teams resort to parking the bus.

It's his mentality that's a worry. First, his dream is to come to Europe to become the world's best player. That's a no-no in Barcelona. A team should have one standout player and the rest should accept that for it to function properly. If his intention is to come to Barcelona and compete with Messi, it won't work and I believe this was Pep's main concern with Neymar. Freekicks and penalties are Messi's, no questions asked. Iniesta, Xavi and even Villa accept that.

The second point is his mentality. Again, this may not be a problem elsewhere, but it is in Barcelona. Dives are not appreciated despite what many, often out of ignorance, say. Histrionic celebrations are not appreciated. Alves and Thiago's dance after a goal late last season was halted by the captain, Pep and Tito were not happy about it, and the players were made to apologize afterwards.

All that being said, signing him is still better than not signing him unless Santos asks for astronomic figures. Even if we don't like him, he's still a highly sought-after player and clubs like City and PSG wouldn't hesitate to take him off our hands.

Robbie

This is how amateurs dive

pedersen%20hilarious%20dive.gif

And this is Neymar taking them to school

He's a master, once in a generation (of diving) talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans