Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What Ronnie did for the club is invaluable... So it is not fair to compare Neymar to Ronnie

Materialistically, Messi is miles ahead of Ronnie but he hasn't yet accomplished what Ronnie has done to the club in lame man terms!!

So forget about Neymar surpassing him... He'd still be considered a success if he could manage ONE CL with Barcelona

Jadentheman

Ronaldinho helped turn the club around in it's darkest times. He reminded people of the joy and smile of football. Also got people to believe in the philosophy again. Ronaldinho also made Barcelona more known internationally. Messi became successful after Ronaldinho's tenure. Messi also learned some things from Ronaldinho. Neymar has some big shoes to fill in. He also has to keep up with the hype thanks to Pele.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ronaldinho helped turn the club around in it's darkest times. He reminded people of the joy and smile of football. Also got people to believe in the philosophy again. Ronaldinho also made Barcelona more known internationally. Messi became successful after Ronaldinho's tenure. Messi also learned some things from Ronaldinho. Neymar has some big shoes to fill in. He also has to keep up with the hype thanks to Pele.

Well said man.

Hatem Ben Arfa

What has Ronnie done in lame man terms that Messi hasn't?

He brought Barcelona back from the dead and he did so single handed by himself, playing football in way that had never really been seen before combining skill, pure magic, wonder and entertainment in a way that was 100% effective.

how can you not remember his 1st season in a Barca shirt? This is when I fell in love with him, heck it is when the whole WORLD fell in love with him and in love with FC Barcelona. He almost dragged Barca to the title himself that season.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lol: in 03/04 up to Christmas Barcelona were extremely dire. It was only in 04 that things turned for the better in the 2nd half of that season.*

It was in 04/05 that the whole world sat up and witnessed the new dawning of barcelona not 03/04.

It was when Eto'o and Ronaldinho began their magic that people took notice.

*When one Edgar Davids really was the cornerstone for you in 03/04.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

no way. 03/04 is when everyone sat up and took notice of Ronaldinho and Barcelona.

Ronaldinho won FIFA World Player of the Year for his performances in 03/04 season. A season in which Barcelona won NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, NADA! I think that says it all about when the world sat up and took notice of Ronaldinho and Barcelona.

all the fuss was about David Beckham and Real Madrid early that season season, which lead to increased viewers of La Liga, but they were all tuning in to watch Ronaldinho each week very soon.

Last edited:

Theconomist

In terms of pure footballing entertainment Ronaldinho has no equal. Ronaldinho of 04-06 is one of the best performances of football's history, topped only by messi ever since he started playing false nine.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
This era started with him

The Pep team had very little in common with the Frank team.

But it wouldn't have been possible without the financial and popularity boost Ronaldinho brought.

This is a very different situation though.

In terms of pure footballing entertainment Ronaldinho has no equal. Ronaldinho of 04-06 is one of the best performances of football's history, topped only by messi ever since he started playing false nine.

Well, depending on what you are looking for, Ronaldinho was more entertaining than Messi. Not to serious watchers, but when it comes to highlights, etc. People I know who hate the sport thought Ronaldinho was ridiculous; Messi doesn't have the showboating factor.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Even to serious watchers Ronaldinho was more entertaining though. I've heard from a 16 year Cule season ticket holder in the flesh swear that Ronaldinho was better than Messi, and this was at half time after Messi scored a 1st half Hat-Trick against Arsenal.

It's just different for everyone.

Messi's close control and dribbles past a whole team is a sight to behold, and players capable of this are extremely rare in football. However players like Ronaldinho that are just pure skill, entertainment and wonder made 100% effective on the football pitch is something else entirely, something that I dare say we have never seen before until Ronaldinho.

Trickykid

Even to serious watchers Ronaldinho was more entertaining though. I've heard from a 16 year Cule season ticket holder in the flesh swear that Ronaldinho was better than Messi, and this was at half time after Messi scored a 1st half Hat-Trick against Arsenal.

It's just different for everyone.

Messi's close control and dribbles past a whole team is a sight to behold, and players capable of this are extremely rare in football. However players like Ronaldinho that are just pure skill, entertainment and wonder made 100% effective on the football pitch is something else entirely, something that I dare say we have never seen before until Ronaldinho.

That just goes to show that even some of the most hardcore fans wouldn't know football if it hit them in the face.

...actually, now that I think about it, we have some prime examples on these very forums.

Hatem Ben Arfa

That just goes to show that even some of the most hardcore fans wouldn't know football if it hit them in the face.

...actually, now that I think about it, we have some prime examples on these very forums.

only because you disagree with that opinion do you think that.

Different people prefer different players for a number of reasons. There is nothing wrong with someone thinking Ronaldinho is better/more entertaining than Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans