Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

only because you disagree with that opinion do you think that.

Different people prefer different players for a number of reasons. There is nothing wrong with someone thinking Ronaldinho is better/more entertaining than Messi.

You're right about that, everyone's intitled to their oppinions, no matter how silly they may be (like thinking a certain young brazilian prospect is better than Messi for instance).
I can even understand the people who found Dinho more entertaining than Messi, but better? That's laughable.

Hatem Ben Arfa

You're right about that, everyone's intitled to their oppinions, no matter how silly they may be (like thinking a certain young brazilian prospect is better than Messi for instance).
I can even understand the people who found Dinho more entertaining than Messi, but better? That's laughable.

we'll see how silly it is when he joins Barcelona. goals aren't everything.

Trickykid

we'll see how silly it is when he joins Barcelona. goals aren't everything.

Alright, alright, point taken. How about an absurd, historically unprecedented number of goals AND a shitload of assists, does that count for anything in your book, or are you still all like 'pfft, I've seen better in Brazil'?

Hatem Ben Arfa

Alright, alright, point taken. How about an absurd, historically unprecedented number of goals AND a shitload of assists, does that count for anything in your book, or are you still all like 'pfft, I've seen better in Brazil'?

I acknowledge all of Messi's feats. He is my favourite player. Messi is the best player I have ever seen in the flesh. however goals are not everything.

I think Neymar will prove himself to be the better player when he joins Barcelona. That is all.

Trickykid

I acknowledge all of Messi's feats. He is my favourite player. Messi is the best player I have ever seen in the flesh. however goals are not everything.

I think Neymar will prove himself to be the better player when he joins Barcelona. That is all.

Fair enough buddy.
When all is said, I really would love to see Neymar at Barca too (if only to see him being dwarfed by Messi), but not for 60 mio euro.

CesDel

Messi is MUCH more than just goals. From what I have seen,which admittedly isnt that much, Messi is a better dribbler, better passer, can play in more position than him,is more involved in build up than Neymar etc. Honestly I cant think of anything that Neymar is better than Messi is apart from making tricks and having diving skills that rivals Busquets, Ronaldo and Di Maria.

Last edited:

Cule Finn

Comparing Neymar with Messi is pointless. The other one is a prospect who needs to prove himself in a big league while the other one is the best player in the world. Would love to see them playing in the same team though. Together they could rule the footballing world. Neymar truly has the talent to become a great player, his attitude will be the decisive factor.

Armando929

Ronnie had more flare than Messi.

But Leo is clearly the better player. Ronnie had 2 excellent seasons for us, 1 average season, and the last one here needs no mentioning.

Leo has consistently delivered for Barcelona for 4 straight seasons now. Not just with goals, but goal scoring chances created for others, and he's done it with more consistency than Ronnie did.

This is not a debatable matter IMO.

Co0ter

Dinho pulled Barcelona out of the dark ages, and we should all be forever thankful to him for that. However, between the age of 21-24 Messi has brought us 2 champion's leagues, 3 la ligas and countless other titles. Barca doesn't revolve around Xavi, not around Iniesta and not around Sergio or any other player- it revolves around Messi. When we need something to happen to win a game or wake our team up 8/10 times its Messi- that is called consistency. Not only does he score an incredible amount of goals, he's had 24 assists last year and what, 29 this year? His numbers are out of this world but numbers aren't nearly as impressive as the fashion in which he does it.

Messi scores/assists amazing goals, just like Dinho did, but Dinho had that undeniable Brazilian flair that the world loves so much.

But a conversation of Dinho vs Messi? To me, there is no conversation.

As for Neymar, I love him, insane potential but in the end- it's still potential. Neymar can become the same kind of player Messi is, he's starting as a winger but has the vision, positioning and clinical finishing to be a false 9 too. He can/will be able to boss an offense as well as drop back to midfield if he has the desire too.

The difference is Neymar CAN do it, Messi DOES do it. I don't see Neymar outshining Messi ever, but I do see him becoming perhaps almost as good, and if thats the case he has a world of work to do.

Co0ter

We'll see.

Jadentheman

First we got to get him and Santos is really dumb with that 60M price tag. Yeah I know Brazil want's the keep it youth, but ambitions must be made. I just hope Neymar isn't drinking that Santos (play for a lifetime here) kool aid propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans