Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

The thing is, Forlan and Seedorf are finished or close to it and Ronaldinho hasn't taken football seriously since 2006.

Keirrison was able to look good in the Brazilian Serie A.

Brazilian sides would be able to compete with Portuguese teams yes, no problem, but La Liga?
Depending on the team, I see no problem with some br sides to compete on la liga. I fail to see in what levante, getafe, mallorca or zaragoza, for instance, are superior to corinthians, fluminense, gremio or atletico-mg.

F

Flavia

Found a table with his goals on wiki:
d0091832074137cfa4f8bd1973532f23.jpg

Liga is the brasileirao
Copa is a tourney similar to cdr, when the teams play teams from 3rd division up
Internacionals includes libertadores, recopa and others
Regional is the campeonato paulista, with semi professional teams
And the last is the nt.

If only the br league, plus int. cups are counted, his tally goes down to 65, 81 with the nt.

F

Flavia

I wasnt saying its not, but this is closer to reality. The paulistao and copa do brasil shouldnt be counted, or sub nt goals.

Paganinisrvnge

So, almost half of Neymar's 148 goals are worthless. I don't get why Brazilians love to count friendlies and competitions against semi-professionals. I'm looking at you, Pele. How many goals does Messi have if you count friendlies and youth level Argentina matches?

89Norcal

The thing is, Forlan and Seedorf are finished or close to it and Ronaldinho hasn't taken football seriously since 2006.

Keirrison was able to look good in the Brazilian Serie A.

Brazilian sides would be able to compete with Portuguese teams yes, no problem, but La Liga?

Ronaldinho is taking his time at Atletico Mineiro seriously. They are in the closing stretch of a title race and he's publicly vowed to do what he can to make the 2014 squad. He's made AM a much better team. This isn't the same Ronaldinho from Flamengo

Kerrybai

So, almost half of Neymar's 148 goals are worthless. I don't get why Brazilians love to count friendlies and competitions against semi-professionals. I'm looking at you, Pele. How many goals does Messi have if you count friendlies and youth level Argentina matches?[/QUOTE

I think he has 22 in friendlies for Barca as well as 6 for Barcelona B. Then a handful for the Argentina youth maybe like 10 or something it used to be on wikipedia but someone removed it.

Garrus

Will you stop talking about the goals, That's not a way to rate a player, You want to know how good is neymar, Open youtube and knock yourself out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If it's tricks you are referring to then there's even less to be impressed about. If he joined Barca he wouldn't get to keep the ball as much as he does now either.
For me, it's his off the ball movement that I'm interested in more that fancy tricks.

He does have an eye for a smart pass, I'll give him that. And Barca is all about passing and possession.

Garrus

Trust me, The last thing i care about neymar is his tricks, And that stands for anyone who really appreciates his potential.

You're Right, His passes are the first thing to notice, They are deadly accurate, And already has good vision for key passes which will keep getting better with time.

He can deliver the ball accurately in small spaces, Look at 4:25 to know what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuYBQOHBeNo

It may be just me, But this can be a devastating power, Just the thought of him and messi near the goal post with these kind of passes gives me the chills.

Xtroverto

That's not true. The problem that inflate Neymar's numbers is not the br league, it's the local campeonato paulista. That's really weak, with teams from the 3rd, 4th divisions, and some that are not even on any division. The br league is still quite underrated here. Neymar has only 9 goals on the brasileiro, so far. The top scorer has 16, and it's almost over.

Paulista is now days considered a preseason warm up competition. I say it is comparable to the preseason friendlies played by European clubs.

Regarding the Brazilian league, few people follow it outside of South America, it is very underrated in Europe, I'd say it is on par with any European top ranked league. Now that the Brazilian economy is growing we also see that some teams are able to hold on to their star players, before they just took the first possible flight out to Europe but that has changed. Neymar is not an isolated case.

J

jiopi

No one is gonna acknowledge Neymar's achievement of making the Balon D'or list? WHAT IF HE IS IN THE TOP 5?
It's hardly a shock, when he was there last season already. Top 5 on the other hand would be a massive shock. Btw, Messi was already #2 at his age.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The Ballon D'or is more about hype than anything else anyway, when Neymar wins it next year it'll put him in the same league as Fabio Cannavaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans