Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

#barcastuff
Ramalho (coach Santos): "Barcelona plays a free type of football. In Madrid, players have to obey to the system. That would kill Neymar."

Apparently dear ol' Ramalho has never actually watched Barca play.

GiantKiller

#barcastuff
Ramalho (coach Santos): "Barcelona plays a free type of football. In Madrid, players have to obey to the system. That would kill Neymar."

Apparently dear ol' Ramalho has never actually watched Barca play.

Perhaps he prefers Neymar going to Barca instead of Madrid. Also, he has watched Barca play. Remember the Club World Cup final? :p :O

Trickykid

Perhaps he prefers Neymar going to Barca instead of Madrid. Also, he has watched Barca play. Remember the Club World Cup final? :p :O

Haha, point taken!

My point is, everyone, perhaps but Messi, obeys the system here. Especially the wingers who sacrifices so much in order to accommodate the system. As I see it, both Di Maria and Cronaldo have way more freedom than our wingers does.

GiantKiller

Haha, point taken!

My point is, everyone, perhaps but Messi, obeys the system here. Especially the wingers who sacrifices so much in order to accommodate the system. As I see it, both Di Maria and Cronaldo have way more freedom than our wingers does.

Of course. Real plays more direct so players like Ronaldo and Di Maria take on their man more frequently and play a vertical game in order to work their way towards goal. For the Barca players, on the other hand, the first priority is often not to lose the ball so that indicates quite a lot. :)

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Neymar needs high possession to do the shit he does. Remember the Barca vs. Santos game where Neymar didn't get the ball as much?

Jadentheman

Yeah they need the ball to play ball. Neymar likes taking on people 1 v 1 or multiple people. He likes mazey/marauding runs. He likes doing tricks. The more he has the ball the more he can playmake. Each time Neymar has the ball, that has significant impact on the likelihoods that he'll lose the ball. Possession needs to actually be higher then normal if you want Neymar to be effective at Barca along with also keeping previous strategies/philosophies.

Think like this: Messi thrives when possession is over 60% and he doesn't always keep the ball. Neymar presence will effectively double the requirement. So you'll need 50% more. So possession needs to be 90% if you want both to function to their highest potential. Not really a problem since it seems like Barca has the ball almost 90% of the time however the champions league game will be a problem. Perhaps the manager (Tito) will have to keep one or the other in. Or at least sub Neymar out early. Starting to think Barca won't have enough room on the field for two geniuses.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

Thats why I´m skeptical about Neymar playing at Barca. You said yourself that Barca would need almost 90% possession so both Messi and Neymar have the ball enough to be as effective as they can be, which is insane, an average of 90% is impossible, even for this team. Neymar coming into the first 11 would mean Messi gets less time on the ball, as the midfield will still need their share of possession to control the game. And taking away time on the ball from the greatest player in the world is nothing but a step backwards. Neymar may be talented, but he´d have to adapt his game to from a playmaker to a pure winger or finisher, but we have other people for these jobs already (well, we could use a finisher, but hopefully Villa will get more playing time soon). And we´ve all seen what can happen to a playmaker that is forced to play as a winger in Alexis, they´re just not the same anymore.

Jadentheman

An option can be to either put Messi in the midfield or throw him on the right and limit him and Neymar (neither are going to happen.) It's a shame because I want to see both playing alongside each other and I'm not sure if it will be perfect or a disaster.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Considering Cules do not like Alexis, switch to a 2 striker system and get over it already.

Neymar Messi
Iniesta Xavi Cesc
Busi
Alba Pique Puyol Montoya
Valdes

Then La Furia can fall in love with the Cules for picking on the only non home grown player.

Jadentheman

Considering Cules do not like Alexis, switch to a 2 striker system and get over it already.

Neymar Messi
Iniesta Xavi Cesc
Busi
Alba Pique Puyol Montoya
Valdes

Then La Furia can fall in love with the Cules for picking on the only non home grown player.

Where is Thiago? Deulofeu?

stick to classic formation

Neymar-Messi-Delo
Iniesta-Busquits-Xavi
Alba-Pique-Puyol-Montoya
Valdes

Xavi will retired then Thiago can be full time in the midfield being Neymar's wingman. Cesc will be a super sub. Yeah Alexis needs to leave

I'm in no rush. Start worrying in Spring of 2014 though. Be super scared after the world cup

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Where is Thiago? Deulofeu?

stick to classic formation

Neymar-Messi-Delo
Iniesta-Busquits-Xavi
Alba-Pique-Puyol-Montoya
Valdes

Xavi will retired then Thiago can be full time in the midfield being Neymar's wingman. Cesc will be a super sub. Yeah Alexis needs to leave

I'm in no rush. Start worrying in Spring of 2014 though. Be super scared after the world cup
No Muniesa or Marc Bartra in defence?

oz187

Neymar would work on left side on the trident. Barca have most of the possession in games, it's just a matter of getting the ball to the fowards so they can do the damage they are paid to do. If Neymar can consistently beat his man(or even 2 or 3) then that would open up space in the centre for Messi to become even more effective. The biggest possible disadvantage would be in regards to Neymar's workrate or lack of. But he is young so should have energy to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans